Texas Hunting Forum

in need of advise

Posted By: Arrow_Splitter10

in need of advise - 10/12/07 02:07 PM

Yesterday I saw a BIG buck about 200- 300 yards from my bow blind and the does also stay in this feild what are the best attractants to lure these deer my way. I have no feeder right now but hunt a little food plot of clovers and perennials in a little oak stand of trees with a bunch of ACORNS.

Posted By: dirtynix

Re: in need of advise - 10/12/07 05:47 PM

Patience. And wait till rifle season,

Re: in need of advise - 10/12/07 07:36 PM

I bow hunt only this is a family place and I just do it for management not that many deer but i figured I will get the genetics in there now by managing it and killing older deer past prime or inferiors

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: in need of advise - 10/12/07 07:38 PM

Put a little Tinks 69 behind your ears, plenty of mascara, your best doe cape and swish around provocatively.

Re: in need of advise - 10/12/07 07:40 PM

lol I'm bein serious I saw a big buck and need the advise

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: in need of advise - 10/12/07 07:51 PM

OK, just telling ya how Big Orn does it. Your going to have to give him a reason to come in, and the best way to do that is doe's. Your going to need to put some type of a permanent food source to keep them does around. Put in some type of feeder, even if it's just one of those hanging ones. those acorns won't last forever.

Posted By: CurtisCatfish

Re: in need of advise - 10/12/07 08:32 PM

Throw out some cut sugar pears !! I use bosch, the deer love them, and they can smell them when you cut'em.

Posted By: mustafa

Re: in need of advise - 10/12/07 09:14 PM

about a year ago a bunch of punks stole 15 guns from my grandads place in st paul tx outside wylie. but luckily about a week later those idiots still had the guns in their car and got pulled over and the cops found all the guns and they were returned. what a close call

Posted By: DoubleB20

Re: in need of advise - 10/12/07 09:26 PM

Go set up near where you saw them. Use a tent blind, brush it in well, maybe 10-20 yards inside woods. If you don't have tent blind build a ground blind or get up in a tree. Big bucks don't normally come around a feeder - they stay back. They also let the little bucks test the area first before they step out - be patient. Good luck!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum