Texas Hunting Forum

Mineral Supplements ???

Posted By: TX_TrophyHuntinBassPro

Mineral Supplements ??? - 05/13/11 01:35 PM

Do any of you guys or gals use minerals for a supplement or as an attractant? If so, what brand? Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

Posted By: Roughneck Country

Re: Mineral Supplements ??? - 05/13/11 07:15 PM

Nutra Deer! Check out their pics and set up video on their site. Looks like good stuff!

http://www.nutradeer.com/

Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Mineral Supplements ??? - 05/14/11 09:34 PM

99.9999999% of all of these things are OVER PRICED GIMMICKS!!!

if you want to make a mineral sight, just do this.

Buy a bag of crushed red range mineral from any feed store, then take a shoverl and chop up a 3' diameter circle of earth thats about 6" deep.

then pour in 20ish pounds of the mineral and mix it in with the dirt, then pour 5ish gallons of pond/creek water over it to help disolve it.

Go ahead and do it now and it will help them get through the summer and help them recover from dropping fawns and growing horns.

Posted By: Egore_texas_hunter

Re: Mineral Supplements ??? - 05/15/11 11:06 AM

When you make a mineral lick like that does it attract cattle? I mean we have cows on our place and if we build a fence it has to be paneling. I don't want to really build a couple of pins for something like this. I don't so much care if attracts the cattle in there as long as it doesn't get wasted on them.

Posted By: Jeff Williams Outdoors

Re: Mineral Supplements ??? - 05/15/11 03:08 PM

Here is a video we put together for folks that are interested in deer mineral supplements.

http://www.nutradeer.com/Deer-Videos.php

Hope it helps....

Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Mineral Supplements ??? - 05/15/11 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: EGORE_TX_HUNTER
When you make a mineral lick like that does it attract cattle? I mean we have cows on our place and if we build a fence it has to be paneling. I don't want to really build a couple of pins for something like this. I don't so much care if attracts the cattle in there as long as it doesn't get wasted on them.

First of all when I do this I dont do it around feeders, I do it way back in the woods and set up a game camera and dont check but every couple of months.

Posted By: TX_TrophyHuntinBassPro

Re: Mineral Supplements ??? - 05/16/11 06:15 PM

thx for the info!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum