Texas Hunting Forum

Hows the hunting around Aspermont?

Posted By: DeeCee

Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/23/11 01:44 PM

Went and looked at a lease in Aspermont. Country looked really good. Seen a few deer and hogs while looking. The place is a little north of Aspermont. Just wondering if anyone had any information about the hunting there. Thanks in advance.

Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/23/11 02:03 PM

Lots of hogs, deer population is not great. There are some places that hold more than others. Body size of the deer can get pretty big. I have never heard of anything huge (antler size) coming from that area. Good years with rain the quail is very good.

Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/23/11 03:08 PM

My dad works with a guy who shot a deer over 200 inches from that area. It was two years ago. I will see if I can dig up a picture. I have always been told that Apermont is great hunting.

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/23/11 03:19 PM

Thanks guys, We hunted Haskell a few years ago, Paint Creek area. We loved it there. Just got priced out. Trying to get back out that way.

Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/23/11 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: DeeCee
Went and looked at a lease in Aspermont. The place is a little north of Aspermont. Just wondering if anyone had any information about the hunting there. Thanks in advance.
If it is out on Hwy 83 about 11 or 12 miles on the right, run and don't look back!!! Ain't nuthin there but hogs and bobcats!!!

Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/24/11 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins
Lots of hogs, deer population is not great. There are some places that hold more than others. Body size of the deer can get pretty big. I have never heard of anything huge (antler size) coming from that area. Good years with rain the quail is very good.

This exactly sums up the place a friend of mine had up there for a few years.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/24/11 06:08 PM

A friend got a nice 150 this year in the Aspermont area

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/24/11 11:32 PM

Thanks for the input guys.

Posted By: flushem_crushem

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 02/25/11 05:00 PM

It must depend on the area around Aspermont, because I know of 3 deer killed there that were all close to 150 class

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/03/11 02:08 AM

Have hunted the ranch north of "Moes place" liquor store,there was a stand on every 100 acres but managed to see a 170 class deer on cam.Hunted another ranch on brazos by the airport 10,000 acres and it had mulies also.

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/04/11 01:29 AM

Thanks for the input. Looking forward to hunting there this year.

Posted By: Brownwood

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/09/11 02:27 PM

Good deer in that area but not big numbers. The river seems to be the key for deer there. Off the river it gets pretty spotty.

Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/10/11 04:49 PM

I have a couple of pictures of a hugte buck taken last year. If someone can post the pics I will be happy to send them.

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/14/11 03:31 PM

Definitely not the numbers in Stonewall county however the quality can be awesome.

Posted By: Elsauz

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/22/11 03:18 AM

We had some very nice deer taken last year in the area
2010-2011 had a 183 & 175 class shot
2009-2101 had a 150 class shot
I can email pictures if your interested-

Posted By: T4PL

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/22/11 01:31 PM

I hunted on a friends lease in Aspermont a couple years ago. The deer numbers are not great but the quality is what counts. I took a nice 10 pt on opening weekend only to watch a huge 12 pt eat at my feeder for 20 min during a Thanksgiving trip. I would jump on a lease out there.

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/23/11 10:59 PM

Elsauz, Very interested in pictures!!
Thanks T4PL thats encouraging.
Thanks everyone, The information has been helpful.
I sure appreciate it.

Posted By: wellingtontx

Re: Hows the hunting around Aspermont? - 03/28/11 03:25 AM

Expect lots of hogs. You will need about twice as much land per hunter than you probably think.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum