Texas Hunting Forum

Should hunting be good with new moon?

Posted By: lakefisherman

Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/05/10 03:49 PM

Well I was wondering if the deer hunting would be any good or better or worse this evening than usual with the new moon out. Just finished hunting this morning and saw a buck we rattled up didnt get to take a shot because I couldnt tell if his spread was big enough. He got downwind of us and caught our scent.

Posted By: rtp

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/05/10 07:00 PM

Hunting the new moon is a hair better than hunting a full moon. It promotes movement in the middle of the day when it is hot(at least where I hunt) and most hunters are back at camp. My favorite days to hunt are the 3-6 days after the new moon. JMHO.

Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/05/10 07:18 PM

I hope so because I'm going to freeze my butt off in the morning with a new moon tonight and a crisp 26 out of the NNE come 0630.

Posted By: lakefisherman

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/05/10 08:06 PM

ok thank you for the help hopefully will see some deer this evening

Posted By: Chuck P

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/05/10 09:45 PM

Any time in the stand is better than at home whatever that weather and moon are. Just hunt.

Posted By: rtp

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/05/10 10:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Timber Trout
Any time in the stand is better than at home whatever that weather and moon are. Just hunt.

Absolutely!

Posted By: gary75758

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/05/10 11:39 PM

Originally Posted By: rtp

Absolutely!

+2 texas

Posted By: deerslayer78

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/06/10 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: gary75758
Originally Posted By: rtp

Absolutely!

+2 texas

X3

Posted By: jrpbullrider

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/06/10 02:20 AM

I missed a few days and was at home with the grand kids and it was IMO better they are 4 and 6 and I only see them only a 2 may be 3 times a month so I have to disagree with this statement sorry.

Posted By: KennyLee

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/06/10 02:21 AM

I hunted dawn until dusk today and didn't see a single deer. First shut-out for me in years. Saw over 30 deer last Saturday in half a day.

Just the way it goes sometimes. I'd imagine it will be real good by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Posted By: Luckycharms_1981

Re: Should hunting be good with new moon? - 12/06/10 02:41 AM

I haven't seen a single thing this season yet near Marshall. Nothing is moving in the daylight.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum