Texas Hunting Forum

Question?

Posted By: Deer Harvester

Question? - 12/01/10 04:26 PM

I would like to say that I have been enjoying reading and looking at the pics on this website for a few months now. I have lived in Texas for a few years now so I am trying to understand all the laws. My question is; If you live in a 1 buck county and you shoot a spike does that mean that you can't shoot a buck with a spread of at least 13 inhes also.I live in an AR county.

Thank you for your time.

Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Question? - 12/01/10 04:38 PM

All the AR's that I have seen allow you to shoot two bucks. One of the two must have a spread of at least 13 inches, and the other must have at least one, unbranched antler.

In what county will you be hunting?

Posted By: Deer Harvester

Re: Question? - 12/01/10 04:54 PM

Thanks for helping. I read the rule book again and it says 4 deer and only 1 can have a spread of greater than 13 inches and no more than 2 does. I was confused after a coworker told me that you could only shoot 1 buck.

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Question? - 12/01/10 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
All the AR's that I have seen allow you to shoot two bucks. One of the two must have a spread of at least 13 inches, and the other must have at least one, unbranched antler.

The law really states, just no more than one buck greater than 13". You can take two unbranched antlered bucks and no greater than 13" if you like.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/deer/spec_antler/

Posted By: ccrook

Re: Question? - 12/01/10 10:20 PM

Duck man is correct I live in a AR county and have a lease in a AR county

Posted By: atascosa_red

Re: Question? - 12/01/10 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

The law really states, just no more than one buck greater than 13". You can take two unbranched antlered bucks and no greater than 13" if you like.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/deer/spec_antler/

Unless you are in a two buck county!!! two spikes is ok but not 2 spikes and one greater than 13" spread.

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Question? - 12/01/10 10:26 PM

That's what I said. hammer "You can take two unbranched antlered bucks and no greater than 13" if you like."

I said 'no greater that 13" if u like'. Talking deer here.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum