Texas Hunting Forum

13 inch spread question

Posted By: HOG SNIPER

13 inch spread question - 11/20/10 09:48 PM

A guy i hunt with shot an 8 pt in a 13 inch or bigger county that measured 12.50 inches. Is he supposed to call the game warden? Im not there to see it to measure it myself. Im sure this is happened quite a bit. Whats gonna happen if he does call the warden?

Posted By: rifleman

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/20/10 09:51 PM

he is likely to get fined...up to him on what he decides to do, it's his money.

Posted By: MikeBillington

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/20/10 09:52 PM

It's an illegal deer and the GW is most likely going to give him a ticket for it. They started to really crack down on the AR enforcement. Your buddy could even lose the deer all together if the GW is really hardcore.

Posted By: Cpack

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/20/10 10:09 PM

I'm a hardcore fan of ARs, but I don't know many people that would turn themselves in for any crime. I believe if it's that close he should not have shot, but we could fight for weeks about that. I would process the deer myself and if I get caught, I get caught. PLEASE don't just throw the deer in a dang ditch. He screwed up. If he happens to get caught, I don't think he will, he will have to pay the fine.

Posted By: DSP56

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/20/10 10:13 PM

I'm with Casey on this one. One way or the other just dont throw it away. Either call the G.W. or dont but, eat the deer.

Posted By: kyle1974

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/20/10 11:58 PM

I was speeding on the way to work friday. Should I call a state trooper? what will happen if I tell them I was doing 77 in a 70?

Posted By: rifleman

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 12:17 AM

they SHOULD tell you to slow down....and acknowledge that you were doing your part in "not slowing Texas down" by being time efficient on the roadway.

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 12:22 AM

that's how I roll.... efficiently.

Posted By: HillbillyDeluxe

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 12:34 AM

Up to him if he calls the warden. Does he call a cop when he rolls through a stop sign....or more on point, call a warden when he finds 16 dove in his pouch instead of 15?

I'm not a fan of the rule, but regardless think he should go on about his business and process the deer. If he gets caught, so be it. Don't know how experienced he is, but either way, he can learn from it and do better next time.

Like others have said, just don't waste the deer.....I'm quite certain WAAAAAYYYY more of that goes on now than a few years ago before all this mess started.

Posted By: Red_Breast

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 02:11 AM

Honest mistake (i hope). Don't make it worse by calling the GW.

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 02:34 AM

Well you cant compare traffic violations to hunting violations retard. We figured out what to do. Thanx for the input guys.

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 02:44 AM

retard? I'm not the one that shot the illegal deer...

Posted By: ghostrider

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 02:46 AM

^^^ rofl^^^

Posted By: smokingquack

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: HOG SNIPER
Well you cant compare traffic violations to hunting violations retard. We figured out what to do. Thanx for the input guys.

You decided that getting on the internet and advertising that your buddy shot an illegal deer was the smart thing to do?

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 03:05 AM

how was it not smart, who the heck knows who he is besides me. I figured this was a good place to ask. Its a freakin hunting forum isnt it?

Posted By: Boyd1212

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 03:11 AM

Now the warden knows who to contact to find your buddy. Lol

Posted By: erathar

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 03:15 AM

So a hunting forum is the place to discuss illegal activities? Hunting related or not, it will all end the same way, a citation. Unless you do not get caught moron.

Posted By: deerslayer78

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 03:18 AM

There are just some things that you shouldn't put on the Internet..... That being said, you can be prosecuted for aiding him and you can be prosecuted for what you say online! I think that wasn't a very good move as we do have GW's on here so..... Good luck! My philosophy is if it's too close to tell the buck walks!!! It's easier to let him walk than going through all the legalities and stuff from shooting an illegal buck! Your "friend" needs to take this on himself since he's the one who made the shot!!! Good luck!!!

Posted By: deerslayer78

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 03:26 AM

And a little more advice wether you want it or not.... Don't come on here and call people a "retard" for giving you their opinions and advice or even a comparison of traffic vs game violations! I thought it was a decent comparison that a child could even had understood!!! Don't worry Kyle74, I thought it was a smart comparison..... Sounds like someone got mad cuz he is in the wrong!!! So sad!!!

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 04:33 AM

Didn't some guy post a picture of an illegal buck on here last year and ended up getting fined?

Not a good move to ask a question like that and not expect a visit from the GW.

The laws are the law, and if your not sure don't shoot, same goes with speeding or running that stopsign, and if you do that is something you alone have to deal with!

Posted By: smokingquack

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Didn't some guy post a picture of an illegal buck on here last year and ended up getting fined?

Not a good move to ask a question like that and not expect a visit from the GW.

The laws are the law, and if your not sure don't shoot, same goes with speeding or running that stopsign, and if you do that is something you alone have to deal with!

Yep, it was some guy named Fread. Man that was funny when the game warden posted up.

Posted By: Chuck P

Re: 13 inch spread question - 11/21/10 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: erathar
So a hunting forum is the place to discuss illegal activities? Hunting related or not, it will all end the same way, a citation. Unless you do not get caught moron.

X2 rofl

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum