Texas Hunting Forum

It's getting hot so the season opener must be close

Posted By: Texas Dan

It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/18/10 06:12 PM

It seems the same thing that happened last year will happen again this year. The weather will be colder for the start of bow and squirrel season, than the gun opener for deer.

A frosty morning when the ground is all spewed up and frozen is my favorite time to be sitting in a deer stand.

Posted By: Curly

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/18/10 06:14 PM

Yup! bang

Posted By: KennyLee

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/18/10 06:18 PM

Last year I was sweating wearing shorts in the stand early in the season, but the weather improved dramatically. Hunted during several snow days, the peak being 18 inches on the ground right after Christmas.

Was strange getting stuck in a snow drift in Texas.

Posted By: grout-scout

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/18/10 07:26 PM

Hot hunting season just sucks for sure, I wish the season was during December & January.

Posted By: BillingtonRanchTaxidermy

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/18/10 07:47 PM

I like warm weather and not having to freeze on the deer stand, BUT, with the warm weather come all those damn mosquitoes and they are bad this year. I'm rooting for a nice strong cold front. It gets the deer moving in and the mosquitoes moving out.

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/18/10 07:49 PM

Yep - it's deer season in Texas. Just got back from JC Penny's. Bought myself a new pair of cargo shorts, a real pretty blue Hawaian shirt and some sandals. Now if I can just find a good panama wide brimmed hat I'll be ready to go !!!!!

Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/18/10 08:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt n Fish
Yep - it's deer season in Texas. Just got back from JC Penny's. Bought myself a new pair of cargo shorts, a real pretty blue Hawaian shirt and some sandals. Now if I can just find a good panama wide brimmed hat I'll be ready to go !!!!!

You forgot the battery-operated fan and cooler.

Posted By: BillingtonRanchTaxidermy

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/18/10 08:15 PM

With that outfit you're guranteed not to get shot out of your stand...........I think. Deer are color blind so they don't care. Just don't know about the other hunters. LOL

Posted By: Chuck P

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/19/10 01:42 AM

The colder the better. I like it went it never gets above freezing. When it is in the 20's and low 30's I will hunt all day because the deer have to move to stay warm and your odds greatly increase on seeing a deer. That is what coleman stove and hot chocolate are for.

Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/23/10 09:29 PM

up.....forgot to mention the florescent yellow palm trees on the shirt!!!!! cheers

rofl rofl rofl

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/24/10 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
You forgot the battery-operated fan and cooler.

thanks, knew I forgot something for the stand hammer

Posted By: deerslayer78

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/24/10 09:52 AM

Ah yes, warm weather for opening of gun season, gotta love it...... Not!!! Doesn't really matter though, I'll be waiting for them when they walk out.... rifle
I might even go pick up one of those fancy mosquito repellers.... Then again, I think I'll just put on some spray seeing how I'll have my skunk scent kicking, lol!!!

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/24/10 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: deerslayer78
Ah yes, warm weather for opening of gun season, gotta love it...... Not!!! , lol!!!

i agree its better when the temps are in the 50's but I've killed alotta deer on 80 degree days in november

Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: It's getting hot so the season opener must be close - 10/24/10 02:18 PM

Originally Posted By: BillingtonRanchTaxidermy
With that outfit you're guranteed not to get shot out of your stand...........I think. Deer are color blind so they don't care. Just don't know about the other hunters. LOL

True BUT deer do see the color blue the best

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum