Texas Hunting Forum

Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer?

Posted By: Quack Whacker

Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/05/10 06:35 PM

Does it actually draw deer?
Thanks in advance.

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/05/10 08:26 PM

Don't waste your money

Posted By: Ranger Man

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/05/10 08:46 PM

Prefer to use indian corn.....

Posted By: trapperjustin

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/05/10 10:08 PM

it never worked for me. saw people raving about peanut butter on here soi put ssome out. i will check my cams next weekend.

Posted By: 100%TEXAN

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/05/10 10:20 PM

Havent had any luck with those but I put some different stuff out and had bucks come in I havent seen before. Has a very strong aroma.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/05/10 10:57 PM

Give me $10 and ill give you a bag of special corn that works better.

Posted By: rsquared

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/07/10 12:46 AM

cmere deer does a really great job... i can vouch for the product.

of course, i should mention that after it proved useless at attracting deer, i noticed it looked like sawdust and so i used it to soak up oil spills in the driveway.

Posted By: ishootspoonies

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/07/10 12:56 AM

didnt Uncle Ted use Cmere Deer to bait deer in California and get busted for it?

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/07/10 01:16 AM

Ted is an idiot

Posted By: swmays

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/07/10 03:26 PM

PB&J samiches and apples seem to work better.

Posted By: wscott

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/07/10 07:17 PM

I put out 2 deer cocaine blocks last year. I know have 2 holes 1' X 2' where they have eaten the dirt.

Posted By: PaulsBunyan

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/12/10 03:44 AM

used it before..yes and no..depends on how starved the deer are really.

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/12/10 04:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
Ted is an idiot
God I NEVER get tired of seeing you say that!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted By: TTU22

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/12/10 04:37 PM

I used C'mere deer last year and it worked awesome! I put it out and within 10 min had 10 deer in the field in the middle of the day. I was in Loan Oak. food

Posted By: RedHoss

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/29/10 05:26 AM

I tried C'Mere Deer one year and it pulled cows from all over the pasture to all over me and they would not leave and stay gone even after I ran them off. They came right back. They ran the few deer I was seeing off. The deer did not get a chance to try it.

Posted By: doughboyracing

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/29/10 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: wscott
I put out 2 deer cocaine blocks last year. I know have 2 holes 1' X 2' where they have eaten the dirt.

I've had same luck, although could be pigs there, too. I know I put 'em out in the same place and there's always a bigger, deeper hole the next year.

Posted By: MELackey

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/29/10 09:24 PM

I used it and the deer seemed to come eat the corn regularly. Of course, the deer ate the corn out of the feeders without c'mere deer also. I added roasted soybeans this year. Not sure how well it is working yet. I guess we'll have to see.

Posted By: txbobcat

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/29/10 10:09 PM

Both a waste of $$$. Corn is the best and cheapest attractor there is.

Posted By: COWDOG

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 09/29/10 10:53 PM

Where is KeithTT and his "Buck Crack" promo?

Welcome to the forum

Posted By: age n score

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 10/01/10 12:38 PM

banana banana I lke what I'm using. The deer really like it and will stay at the feeder longer! banana2 bolt

Posted By: Troutfisch

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 10/02/10 01:35 AM

Tried out some Swamp Donkey last week - the hogs ate it up in one night. For the price I'd just rather go with corn.

Posted By: southtexascracker

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 10/02/10 05:38 AM

Lol at cmere deer. You can crap in one hand and put cmere deer in the other and see which attracts game first.

Posted By: BearStalker

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 10/02/10 01:46 PM

Calls work better, I'd say. I've put out deer attractors and had wolves and bears come to it, but no deer. Also, anybody use deer calls for bears? Fawn bleats work slick. I'd like to know what calls other are using.
www.alaskablackbearstalkers.com

Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 10/08/10 08:42 PM

No experience with Swamp Donkey... but last year, we tested out a spot to set up a new stand by dumping Feeder Fire by itself -- later that day, half of it was gone and they continued to come to it all weekend.

Last month, we put out Swamp Donkey vs Feeder Fire and set up game cams on the sites. Will give an update after opening day.

Posted By: Huntsmanda

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 10/08/10 09:03 PM

I have used C'mere Deer in Blanco County for two years now. This will be my third. I put the powder in with my corn and mix it up.

Two years ago, my stand was the most active out of 14 on our lease. Hunt after hunt, I would come back to camp and hear other hunters reports of zero deer, two doe, one buck, etc., while I was seeing 15+ deer at a time. I was almost embarrassed at times because I was seeing so many more deer. Last year, I didn't think it was as affective but I was using the leftovers from the previous year.

So, did it work? I don't know what else I could attribute it to other than blind luck. For all the money it cost to hunt, if $15 makes that kind of difference it may be worth it....

Posted By: ffread

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 10/09/10 07:47 PM

I have tried cmere deer at 2 different leases, one lease the deer always checked the cmere deer spot first before going to corn, this lease i have now they eat it but most go to feeder first.

Posted By: Joe knows

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 10/10/10 12:35 AM

I used C'mere & Acorn rage both have worked great for us at your lease in Concho Co

Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/08/10 10:43 PM

We put out some swamp donkey earlier this year to see what would happen...

They absolutely tore it up. We put some out this weekend on the roads on our place, and the deer found it within 24 hours and fed on it all weekend.

Posted By: Buckhog

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/08/10 11:43 PM

Don't buy "BUCK CRACK".bs Your better off buying extra bags of corn and that's the truth..

Posted By: ctownboy

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/08/10 11:44 PM

Cmere deer is a joke when there is other stuff to eat.

Posted By: KeithTT

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/09/10 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: COWDOG
Where is KeithTT and his "Buck Crack" promo?

Welcome to the forum

peep kickin' back watchin'! Just got home from checkin' camera's. One of my teammates visually scouted an area holdin' two 160"+ 10+pts. haven't gotten either of em' on camera yet. Both are on Public land and I'm hopin' I find em' soon before someone else does. Sure is taking away from my forum time. lol

On topic. Haven't tried SD and c'mere deer straight up sux! IMO

Posted By: PaulsBunyan

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/09/10 12:09 AM

hey keith you hunting whitney?

Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/09/10 12:51 AM

Don't waste your money on ANY deer attractant, they are all bogus infomercial caliber scams

Posted By: KeithTT

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/09/10 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: mocreepus1
hey keith you hunting whitney?

No sir, I have heard there is great hunting out there and there was a report last year that someone found a 200" whitetail dead out there or somethin' like that! These two buck's were in a field with 11 other deer and they were at the LBJ Grassland's in decatur. Not sayin' even remotely close as to where on that 20,000 acres they were and yes I know I have never even heard of such a thing up there but the guy on my huntin' team who saw them has 39 world record's 114 mount's in his trophy room and is an official B&C scorer so if he say's a deer is 161" then it will 9/10 times be measured out to 161" I have seen several good buck's while scouting for these two just haven't seen them yet. Good thing is that I haven't seen a soul in there and I have been covering my track's everytime I come out. wink

Posted By: Bar M Ranch

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/09/10 03:43 AM

Try ice cream rock salt.Small box is a 1.40 at most food stores. Game animals love it.

Posted By: varmentwacker

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/09/10 04:04 AM

i had a bow stand set up right behind the house.i put out a pile of corn and a pile of cmere deer.had 3 does come out and walked pass the corn to go to the cmere deer but with that being said when i put it out in my stands alone the creek pigs always come in and and got it.if you dont have a pig problem use it.i am sure there is a lot of this stuff works but pigs will eat every thing.

Posted By: MaggieMTx

Re: Anybody Ever Use Swamp Donkey or C'mere deer? - 11/09/10 04:11 AM

plain ole cattle/livestock mineral blocks & cattle/livestock salt blocks work the best. deer were in the feeding pen eating more of the blocks then the cows. cheaper and last longer out in the elements.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum