Texas Hunting Forum

Kansas Rut

Posted By: countryboyz

Kansas Rut - 06/22/10 10:48 PM

i Have heard that the rut in kansas it aint deer season. Does anyone know about this or kansas hunting?

Posted By: Armadillo Tacos

Re: Kansas Rut - 06/22/10 11:05 PM

When I worked around Wichita the Deer/MV calls statrted coming in around mid October. Increased with the end of Daylight savings time and then pretty much sporatic by the 3rd week of November.

Man you guy's should have seen some of the monsters that got hammered, unbeliveable.

Posted By: BirdRanger

Re: Kansas Rut - 06/22/10 11:17 PM

Yep 4 years in Kansas and the RUT starts mid OCT for PRE RUT and runs to End of Nov with a few late does on the side in N Central Clay county. I wish I could go back just for a week.

Posted By: sqiggy

Re: Kansas Rut - 06/23/10 12:47 AM

Where I hunt in S Central Ks, the rut is usually at its peak the 2nd and 3rd week in Nov. A good time for a bow hunter!!! Time rifle season opens, the rut is over with. But you can still find the big boys then if you have a good food source close by.

Posted By: A.B.

Re: Kansas Rut - 06/23/10 02:39 AM

spent a decade living in SW KS and the deer would be in rut mid Nov.

Posted By: BOWTECHHUNTER

Re: Kansas Rut - 06/27/10 04:32 PM

X2 mid november south central kansas

Posted By: kayz

Re: Kansas Rut - 07/02/10 03:07 PM

I try to hit the second or third week in November.

Posted By: kry226

Re: Kansas Rut - 07/02/10 07:45 PM

You will still find a few big boys rutted up and roaming the first week of December too. I have seen several in the rifle seasons I've hunted.

Posted By: nehntr

Re: Kansas Rut - 07/02/10 10:17 PM

rut is pretty much around the 15th of Nov. Just as you can count on the South Texas rut around the 18th Dec. Also the Texas hillcountry rut is 20th Oct. The two best times to hunt Midwest Whitetails is Mid Sept on food plots when bucks are bachelored up or the first two weeks of Nov.

Posted By: Nontypical3006

Re: Kansas Rut - 07/08/10 09:31 PM

Hunted last year in S. Central Kansas during the early muzzleloader season and saw several good bucks (140+). If you don't get one during that period you can go back during the general firearms season but you still have to use the smokepole. I took a mid 130's 8 on 12/05/09 and he was bedded up with two does in a plum thicket.

Posted By: Nontypical3006

Re: Kansas Rut - 07/08/10 09:34 PM

Also, Kansas generally has leftover tags that can be purchased on a first come basis if you didn't put in or were unsuccessful in their draw. I believe they went on sale last month.

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Kansas Rut - 07/08/10 09:48 PM

So is the pre rut or rut better

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum