Texas Hunting Forum

Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st

Posted By: wellingtontx

Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 04/30/10 08:52 PM

FYI - Haggerman opens for acceptance of applications on May 1st.

Posted By: Armadillo Tacos

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/01/10 03:11 AM

Always wanted to try that place.

Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/01/10 05:35 PM

Its a great place but remember you have to pass an archery marksmanship test to hunt.

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/01/10 09:45 PM

Is that supposed to be difficult to do or something?

Posted By: wellingtontx

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/02/10 03:11 PM

No if you can shoot at all, just a hassle. IMO just another hurdle to hunting the Haggerman.

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/02/10 04:05 PM

I can understand it. They don't want wounded animals out there for all to see.

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/02/10 05:05 PM

That happens regardless, its said that the 2 biggest bucks that were seen out there have been both wounded and never recovered.

FYI- If you get drawn for a doe tag and fill the tag; then you get invited back the next year automaticaly

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/02/10 07:02 PM

Might have to apply this year. It's only about 30 minutes from the house.

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/02/10 07:20 PM

Yeah you should, A couple of guys from the office I used to work at in Frisco did it, got drawn , got does and cam back the next year.

For all the people who gripe about not having a place to hunt in north Texas there are relatively few applications. Or at least that is the way it used to be.

Especially with the new 289 going from Frisco/plano all the way to potsboro. When I move back to North Texas Rest assured I will start entering the drawings again.

every body out there is preaty friendly to, if you keep showing up you may end up with a place to crash while your up there. We used to have guys to that all the time there in Sherman.

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/03/10 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: deewayne2003
That happens regardless, its said that the 2 biggest bucks that were seen out there have been both wounded and never recovered.

I know one of the guys that lost one. I've seen his trailcam pics of it, and it is definately one for the recordbooks and he was sick, lol. It's not funny, but him being sick is...

Posted By: cable

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/04/10 05:07 AM

How much is the application?

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/04/10 06:37 PM

$3.00 application fee & $50.00 hunting fee if you are drawn

Re: Haggerman Wildlife Refuge Appication Acceptance - May 1st - 05/04/10 06:49 PM

if you take

1 doe or 2 feral hogs your are invited back instantly.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum