Texas Hunting Forum

Stoeger Double Barrel 12 Gauge Uplander trade for 70+ pound Longbow

Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

Stoeger Double Barrel 12 Gauge Uplander trade for 70+ pound Longbow - 12/22/21 03:24 PM

I would like to trade my shotgun for a heavy poundage Longbow 70+ pounds. The Stoeger is a 2009 edition with one improved barrel and the other modified, 12 gauge. I rarely use it, thus its up for trade. No issues for me ever, just usually use my Browning or 1100. I don't have a picture now, but can add one this evening.
Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

Re: Stoeger Double Barrel 12 Gauge Uplander trade for 70+ pound Longbow - 01/03/22 12:20 PM

Looking for a semi local trade or swap. Houston, Dallas, San Antone area.
Posted By: crash700

Re: Stoeger Double Barrel 12 Gauge Uplander trade for 70+ pound Longbow - 01/04/22 03:08 PM

Let me know if you decide to sell outright, I might be interested.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Stoeger Double Barrel 12 Gauge Uplander trade for 70+ pound Longbow - 01/04/22 05:19 PM

Now you're talking my first love (traditional archery/bowhunting.

Unfortunately after 50 years of pulling recurves and longbows I've had to give it up due to a rotator cuff that won't take it anymore.

I have 3 custom longbows and one 'tree stick' all are Acadian Woods by custom Bowyer Tim Mullins that I would part with. Others I want to keep.

All are fiberglass backed and the wood cores were specified by me (a certain number of parallel and tapered). All are reverse riser, center shot with slight palm swell.

The longbows are tillered at 64lbs @ the traditional 28" draw length. MY draw length is 33" so they pull over 70lbs for me. You can typically add 2.5-3 lbs per inch of draw length over the standard of 28".

These are older bows (circa mid 90's) but very good quality and good shooters. I have hundreds of hours of use on each.

Don't know if you'd be interested in any of them or how we would get together (I am in the Nacogdoches area) but thought I'd throw this out there in case you want to discuss it or see more pics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

More pics below:

Re: Stoeger Double Barrel 12 Gauge Uplander trade for 70+ pound Longbow - 01/04/22 05:23 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just for fun....YES, knapped arrowheads kill deer just fine.

[Linked Image]

Re: Stoeger Double Barrel 12 Gauge Uplander trade for 70+ pound Longbow - 01/05/22 07:13 PM

BTT
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum