Texas Hunting Forum

Polaris Ranger Height

Posted By: Chunky Dunk

Polaris Ranger Height - 06/08/15 07:44 PM

Going to be buying a new enclosed trailer soon, and I want to make sure a Ranger will fit in the standard trailer, or do I need to get one with an extended height roof. If anyone has an experience with this, please chime in. I am thinking of a 7'W x 14'L x 6'H. I have not got the ranger yet, but that is next on the want list, and wife just got a new car so I am going with the policy of ask for forgiveness, not for permission. Which is usually my standard policy anyway.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/08/15 07:51 PM

Going to need the extended height. My Ranger is about 2-3" from clearing the garage door opening.

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/08/15 07:53 PM

Well great, that is an extra $500 LOL. But means I have more room to cram more junk into it.
Posted By: spg

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/08/15 09:40 PM

I have both ranger and enclosed trailer, I had to get the doors cut for my ranger to fit, 6ft was to short.

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/09/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: spg
I have both ranger and enclosed trailer, I had to get the doors cut for my ranger to fit, 6ft was to short.

Can you explain what you did a little more? And is your Ranger factory height?
Posted By: flyboy2

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/09/15 09:00 PM

I just ordered a new trailer for mine. 8.5 x 16 with 6in extra height. It was only $ 160 more for the height. Mine is stock height with a roof and is 76in tall. Standard trailer would not work.

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/09/15 09:31 PM

That is about the size I am looking for now. What brand did you go with flyboy?
Posted By: tlk

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/10/15 12:58 AM

have had three of them and all were right at six foot off the ground - fit in my garage just fine
Posted By: flyboy2

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/10/15 03:55 AM

Went with a Continental Cargo. Ordered it from Phils trailers in Waco. They have the cheapest prices around since they are only 2 miles from 3 different trailer factories. The trailer bone stock is 4500 but I added a lot of extras and it was still only 5700 with all the crap I added to it. The same trailer in Fort Worth would have cost me around 7000.

Additions were
Extra hieght
side vents
bulldog hitch
radial tires
up graded torsion axles
screwless skin
stabilizor jacks in rear
extra D rings
piano hinge rv style door with cambar
rubber floor for inside and ramp

also got a dovetail to give extra height and two interior lights on a wall switch thrown in. My trailer will be charcoal in color since I did not want black or white. All exterior lights are LED.
Posted By: hetman

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/10/15 03:58 AM

I bought a Can Am commander 800R 5.5' wide/10' long/72" high- it is 72" at the top of the roll bar-

what you need to pay attention too when looking at trailers is the Door opening height. has to exceed 72"

I called around DFW/Houston/Austin etc etc Inside Height was ok but the doors were too low on 95% of them

Found a single axel enclosed 7' x 12' w/76" door 2015 Cargo craft EV7121 @ I-35 Trailer store in Lewisville approx. $3000

the only thing I had to add was D-Ring tie downs (qty4)

you may want to consider a 14' as there is minimal space left on the 12'. Mine will just be left @ the lease as a garage and will not be towed back and forth so extra room was not really needed for me. ( in fact just towed to lease last weekend )

trailer was cheap to insure $50 year / Can Am cost approx. $500 year to insure but it covers anything or anyone-anywhere.

Posted By: spg

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/10/15 04:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Chunky Dunk
Originally Posted By: spg

Can you explain what you did a little more? And is your Ranger factory height?

The ceiling is 6'8 in my trailer and the doors were 6' so I got out the grinder with a cutting disc (several of them) and cut out to 6'8 then added 1/4 aluminium to the tops of the door to cover the gap. I'll post pictures later.

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/10/15 12:34 PM

Thanks for all the help with this guys.
Posted By: westexhunt

Re: Polaris Ranger Height - 06/22/15 04:08 AM

My 2" lifted ranger with 28" tires and a pro box roof is 6'6" tall with the coils all the way down.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum