Texas Hunting Forum

My F250 - Trouble Light

Posted By: Mickey Moose

My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/21/15 02:18 AM

Last evening the orange "engine" looking trouble light on my '11 F250 came on. Got home, killed engine, restarted - light immediately back on. Sat overnight, started today - light immediately on. Took to the Ford house - short a diesel mechanic this week so I was asked if I could bring it back at the end of the week to leave for them for the early next week. While there I had them do 60k service, oil change, etc, inspection.

Bummer. First problem I've had. I don't detect that anything is awry. 58k miles (have 7yr, 100k warranty). Maybe it'll be emissions related and prod me into deleting everything.
Posted By: thewrap

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/21/15 02:22 AM

Did you have anyone get the code on it?

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/21/15 02:33 AM

No - they'll sort it out when I drop it off Friday/Saturday. Until then it can sit... unless I decide to cruise up to Autozone assuming they still do free reads, yes?
Posted By: Cast

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/21/15 02:34 AM

They do plus a diagnostic to tell you what may be wrong.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/21/15 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose
Last evening the orange "engine" looking trouble light on my '11 F250 came on. Got home, killed engine, restarted - light immediately back on. Sat overnight, started today - light immediately on. Took to the Ford house - short a diesel mechanic this week so I was asked if I could bring it back at the end of the week to leave for them for the early next week. While there I had them do 60k service, oil change, etc, inspection.

Bummer. First problem I've had. I don't detect that anything is awry. 58k miles (have 7yr, 100k warranty). Maybe it'll be emissions related and prod me into deleting everything.

Betting emission sensor. Or DEF pump.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/21/15 01:08 PM

Hope its nothing big.

I would go by an autozone etc and pull the codes.
Posted By: Judd

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/21/15 02:03 PM

Don't have autozone pull the code...the dealer will see someone accessed the computer and could cause you problems with warranty and them telling you that a tune was put on it.

I know...I had an ecoboost throw the cylinder 6 misfire code and read it with my old sct that I used on my 6.0 'stroke. When I took it in they asked me questions about running a program, the computer told them it had been breached once. Just wait...it's not worth it. They'll tell you what is going on.

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/21/15 03:31 PM

If that's the case (which makes sense) then yeah I'll wait - dropping it off tomorrow afternoon anyhow.

Thanks Judd.
Posted By: bluesman

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/22/15 05:16 AM

Just keep the paper from Autozone. If ford bitches about a tune or anything else tell them BS and hand them the paper from autozone. It takes a bunch fo real dirtbags to accuse a customer of putting a "tune" on a truck just because the computer has been accessed. Total BS on Fords part, but exactly the kind of crap you would expect. They try to get out of any obligation they have any way they can.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/27/15 09:42 PM

Take them to Small Claims court.
Posted By: thewrap

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/28/15 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Reloder28

?????????? wtf
Where did that come from?

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/28/15 02:15 AM

Picked it up today. EGT sensor - covered by warranty.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/28/15 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: thewrap
Originally Posted By: Reloder28

?????????? wtf
Where did that come from?

From this:
Originally Posted By: bluesman
Total BS on Fords part, but exactly the kind of crap you would expect. They try to get out of any obligation they have any way they can.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/28/15 01:36 PM

Good when they come through for you. up
Posted By: Judd

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/28/15 03:37 PM

That's pretty painless...glad they got you fixed up!
Posted By: glens

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 05/31/15 01:58 PM

Just read this about egt sensors. Neighbor called me and his 2013 F250 had crapped out on him again. Second time in 4 weeks. Said it was under warranty and they replaced it free. Service cat said a lot were going out about 50,000 to 70,000 miles. Recommended he carry some with him as it will slow down and die. Has 4 on exhaust somewhere. He's going back to gas as he was eat up with his old 6.0 diesel and now been left several times with this newer one and tired of this crap.
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: My F250 - Trouble Light - 06/22/15 03:04 AM

I've had them pull the code both times on my 2011 GMC- both misfires on the #6 cylinder..... nothing was said at the dealer, but I told the Autozone scanned it
Originally Posted By: Judd
Don't have autozone pull the code...the dealer will see someone accessed the computer and could cause you problems with warranty and them telling you that a tune was put on it.

I know...I had an ecoboost throw the cylinder 6 misfire code and read it with my old sct that I used on my 6.0 'stroke. When I took it in they asked me questions about running a program, the computer told them it had been breached once. Just wait...it's not worth it. They'll tell you what is going on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum