Texas Hunting Forum

New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas

Posted By: sportsman

New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/17/14 07:39 PM

The 900 is a beast. That is all I have to say. This thing is night and day difference over my 13 crew 800 I had.

But now I am looking for overhead radio and speaker ideas. I prefer the DIY ideas.

Posted By: ijohnston

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/18/14 04:53 PM

go join the free ranger forum www.prcforum.com . You will find anything and everything related to rangers including radio setups.
Posted By: sportsman

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/18/14 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ijohnston
go join the free ranger forum www.prcforum.com . You will find anything and everything related to rangers including radio setups.

Yup, great site. Been on that one since 2008 I believe. I have to go check
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/19/14 01:17 PM

My friend has one of the stock radios in his 900 that has the speakers under the cup holders. I have one off the FTD site but I also have have the fortress metal roof to bolt it to....
Posted By: RRCrane23

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/25/14 03:12 PM

We make overhead console/ radio w/4 speakers for the Ranger 900. We also make windshields as well as roofs with stereo systems.
Posted By: Son of a Blitch

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/25/14 03:35 PM

Congrats! you are going to love it! I have a 900 crew and it is a beast!

I'd suggest also checking out www.BigCountryOutdoors.net for any accessories you may be looking for. The guys are awesome and do some great work!!!
Posted By: Texas Bohunk

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/26/14 05:40 PM

Check out this site, www.audioformz.com just ordered one for our new 900 Polaris. You can customize it with different radios, speakers, and light options.
Posted By: RRCrane23

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/26/14 11:07 PM

We have one left with (4) 6 1/2" Kicker Speakers a JVC w/bluetooth etc. and (2) strip lights , for a 900#.
Posted By: tlk

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/27/14 10:02 PM

I have always had radio/CD players and overhead speakers - now I go with a good quality wireless speaker and play Pandera on my phone - works awesome and a lot less expensive
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 08/29/14 03:45 AM

How much sound you need? 2 speaker with the small alpine glove box amp will,get you there. Place them at the front and aim back.
Posted By: parmannnn

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 09/02/14 05:05 PM

I have a 2011 Ranger 800 XP. I went and purchased a Bluetooth speaker (Sony SRS-X2) and then went to Ace Hardware and purchased 2 Velcro straps. I strap it to the underside of the roll bar and its all the music I need when riding around the ranch. Plus its removable and doesn't have to be permanently affixed with drilling, etc.
Posted By: tlk

Re: New Ranger and need overhead radio ideas - 09/03/14 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: parmannnn
I have a 2011 Ranger 800 XP. I went and purchased a Bluetooth speaker (Sony SRS-X2) and then went to Ace Hardware and purchased 2 Velcro straps. I strap it to the underside of the roll bar and its all the music I need when riding around the ranch. Plus its removable and doesn't have to be permanently affixed with drilling, etc.

again - this is best option - wireless all the way
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum