Texas Hunting Forum

Polaris Ace - What say you?

Posted By: DesertHunting

Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/06/14 10:32 PM

Looking at this:

Will 32hp get up and down 300 foot elevations and over rocky terrain?
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/07/14 01:51 AM

Cost of it vs. a two seater?

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/07/14 02:01 AM

Cost is not really the issue (6 to 7000 lower than a two seater).

My back is getting where I need the support. I'm sure surgery is in my near future. Plus 99% of the time I will be the only one on it and where I have to go and what I need it for, a two seater is not practical.

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/07/14 02:07 AM

If they are only costing $3000-4,000 or so then that is a good price for one. I can buy a 2 seat Ranger for around $10,000-11,000 more or less. I also liked the back support when I first looked at it. I hunt out of a Ranger 700 XP and it goes every where for I need to go in Pecos County. I do not hunt off the roads much unless I am trying to get somewhere fast. One concern I would have with this one is head clearance getting in and out. Then how often I would be hitting my head on the roll cage in rough ground. It does look very tight in the "cab" area of it. I should be very fast and smooth though.
Posted By: clener

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/07/14 02:08 AM

I think it was Honda that made something like that about 15 years ago...or it was a bigger "go cart"...

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/07/14 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman
If they are only costing $3000-4,000 or so then that is a good price for one. I can buy a 2 seat Ranger for around $10,000-11,000 more or less. I also liked the back support when I first looked at it. I hunt out of a Ranger 700 XP and it goes every where for I need to go in Pecos County. I do not hunt off the roads much unless I am trying to get somewhere fast. One concern I would have with this one is head clearance getting in and out. Then how often I would be hitting my head on the roll cage in rough ground. It does look very tight in the "cab" area of it. I should be very fast and smooth though.

I need to talk to who you're talking to. The Rangers I looked at started at 13.9. The Ace is 7. Still I don't see a need for a Ranger. The head room was ok, it's the leg room that had me a little concerned. Being 6'2 and having knees that need to strech ever so often I was wondering about that. I'm pretty sure it will handle everything in Pecos county I need to take care of there. I was wondering if it would handle the rougher country to the south, like Downey Draw to the River.

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/07/14 02:35 AM

I am 6'1 and I hit my head on my Ranger roll cage getting in or out from time to time depending on where I stop.
These guys have great pricing
http://www.hpolaris.com/new_vehicle_list...tility+Vehicles
but these guys have beat them on several deals for friends of mine
http://www.tommievaughnpolaris.com/productgroups.htm?custom=2
both will deal with you also.

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/07/14 02:39 AM

Thanks STX. I'll check them out.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/07/14 04:32 AM

If the only issue is back support, several companies make back rests for four wheelers.
Posted By: Snow_man

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/11/14 02:24 PM

I own a 2013 sportsman 500, which is rated for roughly 34 hp, and roughly 140 lbs lighter than the ace. So this is kind of like apples and oranges, But for what it's worth I rode my 500 all over the high country in the Uinta mountains up Utah way where we would have any where from a 500-1000 ft elevation change on a single ride. I never had any issue with mine, on any type of terrain.

My opinion knowing my machine, would be that the Ace would do just fine for what you are wanting to do.
Posted By: HardcoreCarnivore

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/15/14 03:50 AM

These are really nice sat in one and lots of room and seat has a ton of support
Posted By: Mickey Moose

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 07/15/14 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: clener
I think it was Honda that made something like that about 15 years ago...or it was a bigger "go cart"...

If it's the Odyssey (not the mini-van) you're thinking of it was a bit more than 15 years ago but yes you're correct...

https://www.google.com/search?q=honda+od...ch&imgdii=_
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Odyssey_%28ATV%29

They were a blast!

-Mickey
Posted By: Benz

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 08/07/14 09:57 PM

I'm glad I started looking on forum before buying
Posted By: yeahbuddy

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 10/22/14 07:58 PM

Those do look like fun! probably not real practical for most of us though
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 10/22/14 09:14 PM

Where do you put the deer carcass?
Posted By: spg

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 10/23/14 05:23 AM

I'm a whapping 5'8 but never hit my head on my ranger. I tried leaving the ranger home and using a toyota tacoma to get around the lease and its not as nimble and two normal size men will fill up the cab. My ranger crew comfortably handles 5 people with and ice chest and several sacks of corn in the bed.
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 10/23/14 11:50 AM

Still trying to figure out where I would put the wife, 3 kids and dog...

Looks like a fun ride.
Posted By: twinbubba

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 10/23/14 04:42 PM

Looks like it would be a fun play-toy but not very practical for a huntmobile.
Posted By: daniel1381

Re: Polaris Ace - What say you? - 10/23/14 07:04 PM

one thing about it don't have to worry about people asking you for a ride to the stand
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum