Texas Hunting Forum

Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep!

Posted By: GuidedHunter

Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 10/29/13 05:00 PM

OK so I saw the other post about hunting jeeps. But I am looking for a little brainstorm secession. I have had this jeep for years, it's good off road and nice a quiet. But it sucks to hunt out because the people in the back can not really stand. So I have decided to take the seat out and start from scratch. I think I am going to build a floor in the back and then have detachable high seats.

I need some KC lights or any kind of slim profile lights. if you have some let me know.

Anyway, I am looking for ideas. If you have jeeps that are set up post a pic the more ideas the better.

Posted By: jlbain94

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 10/30/13 01:21 AM

I don't have any ideas, but that is a nice Jeep!
Posted By: Chef Shawn

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 10/30/13 01:52 AM

I have some KC lights PM me your number
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 10/30/13 02:10 AM

Remove the sound bar, build a slip in high seat platform unless you want it permanent. Run 12v plugs to various locations on the roll bar and use lights that can be easily moved by the shooter, fixed lights never seem to shine where they are needed. Keep it low, but high enough to be functional and safe, 2 hunters at 200lbs each above the top of the roll bar can be a lot of weight above the COG. Just my 2cents
Posted By: Southtexas36

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 10/30/13 07:03 PM

Go to one of the high rack companies and look at the gallery of pictures, they have some good ideas. Crittergitters has quite a few Jeep pics.
Posted By: Bill_OA

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 10/30/13 09:36 PM

When we had a jeep we raised the rear seat by building a frame that mounted to the top of the wheel wells. It got you enough clearance to see over the front seats and made them WAY more comfortable to sit in. You could probably build that riser up high enough that you could use the roll bar as a rest if you didn't want to do a traditional high rack. We liked that because we could put stuff under the seat as needed and still put the top on if no one was in the back. Ultimately we built a high rack for it and loved it. Floor on the rack was even with the roll bar. Not too safe to ride in, but made an awesome mobile deer stand for south texas hunting.
Posted By: captmike

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 11/03/13 01:39 PM

raise the floor of high rack enough to get coolers. etc under.
The one I made for utv we used figerglass grating for floor, don't slip with muddy wet shoes.
Posted By: Ranger354

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 11/04/13 12:53 AM

I had a cj7 for almost 20 years. It was a hunting machine. I took a rear fold down seat out of a Chevy suburban and mounted it over the back wheel wells just the right height so you could use the roll bar as a rest. Now let me tell you that if you are sitting in the front seats and some one is shooting from the back seat you can get a pretty good ear blast.

I mounted all my lights down low because there is too much glare if you are hunting around the top mounted lights.

I had a 8 thousand pound winch mounted on an ex trended bumper in the front with a removable GIN pole for hanging critter or helping to pick up and move blinds and such.
I also mounted a basket behind the high seat for an ice chest.
I had a tower blind that I could place on it in a matter of min.

I don't know how to place photos on here but I can send you some photo via email if you would like.
Posted By: pinkmist black hog down

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 12/12/13 02:42 PM

I like the raised rear seat idea..... project for this weekend! Thanks!
Posted By: pinkmist black hog down

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 12/12/13 02:43 PM

I wonder if there is a way to make it so you don't have to disconnect it, maybe like a scissor design??? Hmmm
Posted By: jeepfreak76262

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 12/18/13 07:51 PM

Ratchet straps and a couple of bar stools. smile
Posted By: captmike

Re: Need Ideas about the Ultimate Hunting Jeep! - 12/21/13 12:04 PM

I so somewhere somebody makes a pop up 3 leg stand for atv. How about that? Lot of boats have folding grab/burn bars and fold down on the high racks. Just some thing to make you think about
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum