Texas Hunting Forum

wheels and tire help

Posted By: Chitch-ya-outdoors

wheels and tire help - 09/05/12 04:15 PM

So I have a 1997 Polaris Sportsman 500 that runs like a dream and is an absolute work horse. I just added a 2 in lift kit but was looking to add bigger rims and tires. I want a tire that will ride smooth and be aggresive on trails and dirt roads but still get bite through mud holes (nothing like the Gorilla Silverbacks). as far as rim size i do like the 14in for its look or would it be better to just go with a 12in? As far as tire size i dont want to go to big and loose power from turning a bigger wheel and was thinking the biggist i could go is 27in. any suggestions or oppinions would be great, just need some ideas to help me pull the trigger on getting this project finished, thanks. I also added pics to give a general idea for ground clearance.

Posted By: BBD84

Re: wheels and tire help - 09/06/12 03:16 AM

If it were mine id go with some black 14" wheels and some sort of 27" tire like the ITP mud lites or something close to them. Theyre light and good all around tire that wont beat you up.
Posted By: jhenderson

Re: wheels and tire help - 09/06/12 04:16 AM

also check out the gbc tires, cheaper than alot, work well so far they have been extremely durable
Posted By: Chitch-ya-outdoors

Re: wheels and tire help - 09/07/12 01:34 PM

Thank yall
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum