Texas Hunting Forum

Suburban 4x4...wanting to fix it up for my son

Posted By: DPD25

Suburban 4x4...wanting to fix it up for my son - 02/05/11 01:08 AM

I have a '99 4x4 Suburban I'm wanting to fix up for my son. Wanting to add 2" lift kit, bigger tires, paint job and fix a few minor things. Anyone know of any shops in the Allen/Plano/McKinney areas that do good work? Would appreciate any feedback...

Thanks,

DPD25

Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Suburban 4x4...wanting to fix it up for my son - 02/05/11 01:28 AM

Check with Ryan at Red River 4 wheel drive off of 380, I used to do a little business with him a few years back, he is a good guy.

Re: Suburban 4x4...wanting to fix it up for my son - 02/05/11 03:33 AM

Appreciate the info, Ramball, I do remember driving by that place before. I'll give them a call.

Posted By: Qwaak

Re: Suburban 4x4...wanting to fix it up for my son - 02/05/11 04:57 AM

what ever you do dont go to 4wparts wholesales

Posted By: BigPig

Re: Suburban 4x4...wanting to fix it up for my son - 02/05/11 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Qwaak
what ever you do dont go to 4wparts wholesales

X2. The lift you can do yourself or any good alignment shop can do for you. Your suburban has a torsion bar suspension, locate the torsion keys which should be just u der the front seats and will have a bolt on each one for adjusting up and down, obviously you want them turned up and in equal amounts. There is no company that I'm familiar with that builds any lift kit under 4 inches for those type of suspensions. For the rear just buy and inch or two taller block but don't stack the blocks, get new leaf springs if it's in the budget. The biggest tire you will be able to run with out having to trim any metal is a 285-75-16 or equivalent to a 33-10.5-16, assuming you have 16 inch wheels. A four inch lift will clear 35's and look great on a 'burb.

Re: Suburban 4x4...wanting to fix it up for my son - 02/05/11 12:12 PM

Thanks guys....do appreciate the info!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum