Texas Hunting Forum

FS: Yamaha Allegro 575 alto saxophone

Posted By: RSTX

FS: Yamaha Allegro 575 alto saxophone - 06/15/23 05:07 PM

Anyone have a kiddo starting band/marching band this fall? I purchased this used in 2018 for my oldest daughter to use in band. She no longer plays it and has given me the go-ahead to sell it. I wanted to try it here before I go down the Craigslist poophole.

Yamaha Allegro 575 AS (made in Japan, NOT China)
Comes with case and reeds/cleaning cloths/whatever daughter left in there.
Few scratches here and there. No dents or dings.

$1250. I am happy to ship it to you for an extra $50 ($1300 total). Otherwise, FTF in BCS area. Not looking for trades right now.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RSTX

Re: FS: Yamaha Allegro 575 alto saxophone - 06/25/23 03:54 PM

My local music shop has given this a clean bill of health. Pads are good. It needs nothing. Ready to play.

I was told this is an intermediate horn, but a beginner can certainly play it and won't "grow out of it."
Posted By: Brian R.

Re: FS: Yamaha Allegro 575 alto saxophone - 06/25/23 04:06 PM

As a former Saxophone connoisseur this is a great intermediate instrument. That being said... I wouldn't recommend starting a new student on this though, especially for marching. Marching instruments get exposed to extreme heat, cold, water, being dropped, etc. A lower price point YAS-23 or similar is a great starter sax and marching instrument. This Allegro would be better suited to a concert environment.

Just my $.02

Free Bump for you.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum