Texas Hunting Forum

Pics from the new place (interesting day)...

Posted By: cameron00

Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 01:34 AM

We're currently under contract to buy this 40 acres, so the wife and I had a couple of buddies meet us out there today to do our final walk-through prior to closing to make sure there weren't any toxic waste dumps, etc. on the property. A few pics:

My truck at the front of the property:

Small pond (1 of 2) near the front:

About a third of the way back into the property, heading into a lower pasture beneath some woods:

Blind down in the pasture:

View looking down at the pasture. About 200 yards beyond the boundary of this land, there is a very heavily wooded creek bottom.

One of the fence lines. If you look to the right side of the picture, you can get a feel for the elevation change from the upper wooded are to the pasture bottom.

Finally, it rained all day and my buddy got his truck stuck. Literally out of nowhere, this incredibly nice guy goes cruising by in this military ATV. It took him all of about 2 seconds to pull a truck burried in mud up to its axle out.

Anyway, again, it's only 40 acres, but I'm pretty fired up about the place. We saw an absolute ton of doves, and perhaps most importantly, we saw these all over the place:

Posted By: Luv2Hunt

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 01:43 AM

Oh MY STARS. Did you see the size of that buck print? Great big fat toes, pointed out like I like'em. Congratulations on a wonderful, wonderful place. Trees, pasture, creek bottoms, it has it all doesn't it?

Posted By: thegrouse

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 01:48 AM

Congrats on finding a place you can call yours. Looks like fun for years to come.

JG

Posted By: Clay Reid

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 01:53 AM

Nice place . Enjoy .

Posted By: BORN2HUNT

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 01:53 AM

Nice place man. That looks like the same guy that got us out of the mud a few years ago.

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 01:54 AM

Not sure how the deer are. I know from walking it today that there are a lot of them around (tracks everywhere), but I don't think they typically get very big in the area.

I don't really care though. I just wanted a place I could go to get out of the city. The asking price was more than I could afford, but I offered the absolute top of my budget because I've looked at a lot of places and this one was really exactly what I wanted. I didn't offer too much lower than asking, and fortunately the seller accepted.

Hope there aren't any issues with the appraisal, as that's probably the only thing that would prevent a clean close at this point.

Posted By: westexhunter

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 03:10 AM

nice looking 40

Posted By: Txkiller

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 03:16 AM

Nice place im glad to see some rain down there up slap a leveling kit and some mudders on that truck

Posted By: Tres

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 03:53 AM

Pretty looking place, good luck! up

Posted By: hoghunta

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 03:55 AM

nice

Posted By: h20thief

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 03:03 PM

very nice, i would love to own a place like that. Maybe one of these days.

Posted By: janie

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 04:41 PM

I'm jealous. We would love to have a place like that ourselves. Congrat's. I'd be fired up too.

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 07:01 PM

Are you gonna call it the Back 40?

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 07:50 PM

I was going to call it "The 40 Acres", but wanting in no way to associate it with the Texas Longhorns, I'm instead going to name it, "The Straight 40 Acres".

ZING!

Actually, I'm not really sure what to call it. It's not a ranch, it's not a farm, it's not "the lease"...

"Place out near Caldwell" might be the best I can come up with.

Posted By: KBTXHunter

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 07:57 PM

Any name you give it will be cool. That's a beautiful piece of Texas right there. You oughta be very happy.

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 10:54 PM

Pictures have been moved:

Land in Caldwell

Posted By: Steve Hummert

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 11:00 PM

I would love to see your pictures but can't log into photobucket for some reason....does it want your password for me to access??

thanks,
Steve

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/12/09 11:31 PM

Won't let me make the album public. I'll just repost:

Posted By: helomech

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/15/09 01:54 AM

Great looking place. Where is it?

Posted By: Steve Hummert

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/15/09 01:59 AM

great looking place....congrats!!!!

I bought 24 acres and moved to Grandview 16 years ago and would be hardpressed to ever move back to the city again. Matter-of-fact, I am looking for some property to buy down towards the hill country to be able to get away to when needed.

Posted By: piney woods hunter

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 10/15/09 03:07 AM

dang nice place i have a watering mouth nothing like a place in the country don,t know how folks live in the citys ,been a small town country boy all my life. i only have five acres i live on but have a 256 acrer lease only 11 miles from my front door . and also have permission to hunt a small farm less than a mile from my home,on that one me and my friend are going to attempt to manage it for large bucks already seeing sevreal ,well i am off the subject have no doubt you won,t reget a place like that and its great for a outdoorsman enjoy it for years to come my friend

Posted By: ButQuack

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 12/22/12 09:24 PM

Great looking large trees in some of the photos
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 12/22/12 09:48 PM

Beautiful place, Cameron. Hope y'all enjoy the new property. Are there any catfish in the creek?
Posted By: Dalton1993

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 12/23/12 01:42 AM

Looks great!
Posted By: swmays

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 12/23/12 01:50 AM

That's a really good looking place. Congratulations!
Posted By: SlaminEm

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 12/23/12 04:35 PM

you can go to the country and deer,dove,hunt no lease fee.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Pics from the new place (interesting day)... - 12/23/12 07:28 PM

Hmmmmm 3 year old thread ............
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum