Texas Hunting Forum

Kudu?

Posted By: FTWshooter

Kudu? - 04/27/24 05:50 PM

Topped off my feeder yesterday and downloaded trailcam pictures. Knew there wouldn't be much to see on the pictures in the off season but always interesting to see what comes around besides deer, usually it is fox, coyote, ringtail, porcupine, turkey, axis and of course cows and coons. Even had a wandering Llama show up time to time.

Was flipping through, seeing the usual and at first thought an elk or another Llama had jumped into the pen. I zoomed in on the picture and it appears (according to Google) to be a female/cow Kudu? Obviously it is an escapee from another ranch but neither me or the landowner know of a place around here that had Kudu.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Kudu? - 04/27/24 06:03 PM

Yes, yes it is.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Kudu? - 04/27/24 07:11 PM

Right on
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: Kudu? - 04/28/24 02:00 AM

Kudu for sure
Posted By: 1955

Re: Kudu? - 04/28/24 11:40 PM

Awesome up
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Kudu? - 04/30/24 03:58 PM

Definitely a cow kudu. I'd be very very tempted to put her in the freezer. Better than elk on the grill up Unless a bull shows up.. then I guess you could start your own herd.
Posted By: texasag93

Re: Kudu? - 04/30/24 04:01 PM

I hope she keeps on showing up for you.

rifle
Posted By: Stub

Re: Kudu? - 05/01/24 11:23 AM

Pretty cool up
Posted By: mdwest

Re: Kudu? - 05/01/24 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by dkershen
Definitely a cow kudu. I'd be very very tempted to put her in the freezer. Better than elk on the grill up Unless a bull shows up.. then I guess you could start your own herd.

yep definitely a kudu...

that is some delicious eating.. and the leather from a kudu hide is exceptional as well.. Al Dos Santos at James Leddy Boots in Abilene makes a pretty incredible set of african style hunting boots that are super soft/comfortable using kudu hide..
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Kudu? - 05/01/24 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by mdwest
Originally Posted by dkershen

yep definitely a kudu...

that is some delicious eating.. and the leather from a kudu hide is exceptional as well.. Al Dos Santos at James Leddy Boots in Abilene makes a pretty incredible set of african style hunting boots that are super soft/comfortable using kudu hide..

Cool pic. Hey mdwest, are you the same mdwest that posts over on Africa Hunting Forums?
Posted By: texaswildlife

Re: Kudu? - 05/03/24 04:57 PM

If she starts showing up regularly let me know and I’ll catch her and give you 20k
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum