Texas Hunting Forum

CAMP PET

Posted By: JCB

CAMP PET - 10/24/22 01:53 AM

He comes by every night to check the fire pit for scraps. He showed up early tonight. Sucker is almost as big as my Beagle.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: CAMP PET - 10/24/22 01:56 AM

There is also a family of coons that hang around. I caught them in the act one night getting into a bag of corn. roflmao
Posted By: redchevy

Re: CAMP PET - 10/24/22 03:07 AM

Don’t shoot on the grill!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: CAMP PET - 10/24/22 08:44 AM

Who was the guy that shot the paint can on his back porch when trying to shoot the raccoon?
Posted By: Stub

Re: CAMP PET - 10/24/22 10:31 AM

Is that PePe Le Pew?
Posted By: Double AC

Re: CAMP PET - 10/24/22 02:01 PM

We had a "pet" skunk that hung out near camp one year. Would follow us to and from deer blinds and play with deer when they showed up. Never let us near him, but would always hang out within 20yds and would just follow us around
Posted By: JCB

Re: CAMP PET - 10/24/22 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Who was the guy that shot the paint can on his back porch when trying to shoot the raccoon?

That was Z71Dustin or DustinZ71. Can’t remember the exact screen name but it’s one of those 2. Pretty sure it was a Opossum he was shooting at though.
Posted By: BassBuster1

Re: CAMP PET - 10/24/22 06:57 PM

I am more afraid of those things in the dark than any other critter!
Posted By: Jroutdoors

Re: CAMP PET - 10/25/22 01:41 AM

up
Posted By: JimBridger

Re: CAMP PET - 10/25/22 02:02 AM

Just caught on of those stinkers in my raccoon trap. He let go some spray when i popped him with a .22 in the head.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: CAMP PET - 10/27/22 08:30 PM

It's amazing how curious and social some can be.....we had one enter our cabin on a Throckmorton lease one year and just wanted to stay in there and hang out.

I had to softly nudge it with a broom to get it to leave the cabin...
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: CAMP PET - 11/01/22 07:43 PM

If you remove their scent gland they actually make an awesome pet
Posted By: unclebubba

Re: CAMP PET - 11/01/22 07:53 PM

I'd rather have a rattlesnake in camp than one of those bastards!
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: CAMP PET - 11/01/22 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by unclebubba

Agree completely. I had one chase me through my shop a couple of years ago. I was standing in door trying to run it away and it charged. I made it to my pickup and shut the door and it finally wandered away. It had absolutely no fear of me.
Posted By: Ringtail

Re: CAMP PET - 11/03/22 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dalroo
Originally Posted by unclebubba

Agree completely. I had one chase me through my shop a couple of years ago. I was standing in door trying to run it away and it charged. I made it to my pickup and shut the door and it finally wandered away. It had absolutely no fear of me.

Maybe it had rabies! taz
Posted By: Sniper John

Re: CAMP PET - 11/03/22 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet
If you remove their scent gland they actually make an awesome pet

I had a pet skunk for a few years in the late 1970s. Albino too so it's name was Honky. It was paper trained and lived in my room. It followed me around, but then I also was the one that fed it. Fun when it would charge people, start stomping with it's tail up, and think it could spray them. It had it's scent glands removed of course. Other than that it was not a real smart animal. As a pet I would put a skunks mind on the same level as a Hamster. Still a great pet for a kid. It got out of the house one night and was never seen again. Years later after I became a firefighter in the same town, I heard a rumor of a police officer who may have shot an albino skunk while on duty. It's probably an old mount on someone's wall somewhere.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: CAMP PET - 11/07/22 12:55 PM

Some of them have no fear of humans. I had one come over and start eating from a gut pile (10 feet away from us) while we were still quartering out a deer.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum