[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cibolo

Re: A little deforestation - 02/15/22 04:23 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This was a lot of tree removal for a couple down in southern Bexar county. The Cat 305 with grappler is a beast and made the job a lot easier.

Re: A little deforestation - 02/15/22 04:25 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: A little deforestation - 02/15/22 02:29 PM

Looks like fun
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: A little deforestation - 02/15/22 02:31 PM

Wow that is unusual that someone would want to remove all the shade trees from their yard when most are planting trees.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: A little deforestation - 02/15/22 02:38 PM

We had to remove 8 Chinese Tallows (two were ~60 foot tall) that died due to the freeze last winter. Sucked.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: A little deforestation - 02/15/22 02:39 PM

Easier maintenance down the road. I get it.

My house is surrounded by beautiful oaks, up close. I'm tired of them, but have no intention of removing them. An old square-head told me once that trees have no business around a fence or a house. The older I get, the wiser he seems.

Re: A little deforestation - 02/17/22 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Easier maintenance down the road. I get it.

My house is surrounded by beautiful oaks, up close. I'm tired of them, but have no intention of removing them. An old square-head told me once that trees have no business around a fence or a house. The older I get, the wiser he seems.

Exactly, these folks are from Kansas and wanted these removed.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: A little deforestation - 02/17/22 03:36 PM

I've been removing a couple of giant, old growth cedars that were too close to my house. I hated to do it but the trash and debris lands on my roof creating a fire hazard. Not to mention my beautiful Mueller metal roof has to be power washed every couple of years due to sap and grime. I totally get it.
Posted By: Schpanky

Re: A little deforestation - 02/18/22 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by cibolo
[quote=Creekrunner]

An old square-head told me once that trees have no business around a fence or a house. The older I get, the wiser he seems.

This....agree completely
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum