Texas Hunting Forum

Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point!

Posted By: Willy

Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 05:22 PM

Hey y'all! Take a look at my first self-filmed archery buck hunt and let me know what you think!

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 06:01 PM

Boy, that expandable sure did a number on him. Nice buck, especially with a bow.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 06:07 PM

nice work

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 06:08 PM

Thanks! The SEVR does some serious damage!

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 06:08 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 06:54 PM

Nice buck, pretty good video. Couple areas where you could be better (these are simply my opinion and I have little pride of ownership of my opinions so take this with a grain of salt):

1. You reminded me of a baptist preacher the way you repeated cliché phrases and repeated trains of thought several times over.
2. And edited slow mo video of the shot on the deer would be good. I played it back in slo-mo to see where the arrow hit (good shot, obviously) but maybe in the future just put that in there so folks can see it. Could be after the full speed shot, or a recap of the shot once down out of the blind, but I would have appreciated seeing that slo mo without having to manipulate the video myself.
3. the dark blind shots are useless. Use a voice over or something while showing the deer coming in or something rather than a blacked out blind shot of you celebrating. the shots of the deer out of the blind were good.

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 06:59 PM

I appreciate the feedback man! I know it isn't perfect, but want to get better!
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 07:04 PM

I recommend starting out with a video not more than 5 minutes max.......refine your skills and gather your audience......as you get better and have people that will stick with you after 5 minutes build it up from there......I had to bail out after 4 minutes.....
Posted By: Texasteach

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/18/20 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Nice buck, pretty good video. Couple areas where you could be better (these are simply my opinion and I have little pride of ownership of my opinions so take this with a grain of salt):

1. You reminded me of a baptist preacher the way you repeated cliché phrases and repeated trains of thought several times over.
2. And edited slow mo video of the shot on the deer would be good. I played it back in slo-mo to see where the arrow hit (good shot, obviously) but maybe in the future just put that in there so folks can see it. Could be after the full speed shot, or a recap of the shot once down out of the blind, but I would have appreciated seeing that slo mo without having to manipulate the video myself.
3. the dark blind shots are useless. Use a voice over or something while showing the deer coming in or something rather than a blacked out blind shot of you celebrating. the shots of the deer out of the blind were good.

I agree. With the lighting, you have a lot of "dead" air in the video. A voice over would help, and maybe try several ways to stabilize the camera. Edit out some of the "sweeping" motion that you do with the camera also. A good video tells a story.

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/19/20 08:04 AM

I appreciate all the feedback guys!

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/21/20 04:36 PM

Will take note fore the next ones! Thanks!
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/23/20 02:27 AM

Nice!!! My brother used Sevr's this year with crossbow and worked amazing on 2 big hogs and one 10pt buck.

Re: Self-Filmed Archery 9 Point! - 11/23/20 06:30 AM

Thanks man! Yeah those broadheads open them up and help with tracking!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum