Texas Hunting Forum

Raising Exotics

Posted By: don k

Raising Exotics - 02/20/20 11:33 PM

[Linked Image]
For those of you that think it is easy here is at least $2000 that I lost today. Next time you think they are too expensive try it yourself.
Posted By: DXB

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 12:04 AM

Sorry to see that... What happened? Still born?
Posted By: Bbcat78

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 12:07 AM

That sucks don hate to see that
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 12:16 AM

Sorry to see that Don.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 12:51 AM

Not a good thing. Like DXB, what caused it.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 02:27 AM

bang
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 02:50 AM

My dad raises Angoras. He’s lost ten kids the last two weeks. It sucks.
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 02:58 AM

Oh man, that is sad.
It is a bummer loosing the little guys.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 09:06 AM

Ouch!
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 10:50 AM

Not good!
Posted By: Stub

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by DXB

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by DXB

Yes from the looks of them born a little early. Why? I wish I knew. Had this a few years ago when I lost close to half of the kids. Sent one off to Tx. A&M but they could not find the cause. Just nature I guess. Hopefully it gets straightened out. I don't care so much about the money lost but my Ibex are like my pets to me and seeing them like that hurts.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 01:20 PM

Just like cows, if you have them you lose them. Things just happen with live stock, there is pain and financial loss..
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by don k
Originally Posted by DXB

Yes from the looks of them born a little early. Why? I wish I knew. Had this a few years ago when I lost close to half of the kids. Sent one off to Tx. A&M but they could not find the cause. Just nature I guess. Hopefully it gets straightened out. I don't care so much about the money lost but my Ibex are like my pets to me and seeing them like that hurts.

Sorry to see this loss, Don.
I remember that year and the number of posts about them dying all too often and unexpectedly. How did the timing of those deaths relate to the change on protein you mentioned a couple days ago in another post?

Re: Raising Exotics - 02/21/20 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by kdkane1971
Originally Posted by don k
Originally Posted by DXB

Sorry to see this loss, Don.
I remember that year and the number of posts about them dying all too often and unexpectedly. How did the timing of those deaths relate to the change on protein you mentioned a couple days ago in another post?

When I changed feeds the premature problem stopped. I am still feeding the same as the last few years. Hopefully this is just a quirk. This is the first nanny to kid this year and there are a few that look to be getting close. We shall see shortly.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum