Texas Hunting Forum

Snake ID please

Posted By: cleatas

Snake ID please - 07/19/19 11:34 PM

My daughter killed this on her porch. She was scared and didn’t have time to identify. What is it?

Attached picture 4ED3E461-124E-4394-A6DC-A82E6AE15F57.jpeg
Posted By: hollidayHunter

Re: Snake ID please - 07/19/19 11:36 PM

worthless

Re: Snake ID please - 07/19/19 11:36 PM

No joke. I’ve posted pics before and now it won’t let me

Re: Snake ID please - 07/19/19 11:41 PM

Fixed
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Snake ID please - 07/19/19 11:51 PM

Red and black, poison lack.

Louisiana milk snake?
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Snake ID please - 07/19/19 11:52 PM

I have been anxiously waiting for the next snake ID thread! banana
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Snake ID please - 07/19/19 11:58 PM

Probably a milk shake snake (autocorrect) or a King snake.

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
I have been anxiously waiting for the next snake ID thread! banana

I’m not an expert and never claimed to be, just asking for help please. I know there are experts here.
Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 12:14 AM

Texas Scarlet Snake....... Cemophora coccinea
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 12:54 AM

Dead!

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
Texas Scarlet Snake....... Cemophora coccinea

Thank you! I believe you’re right
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 02:56 AM

Unfortunately a fairly rare (and protected) species. Listed as 'threatened' in Texas.

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Unfortunately a fairly rare (and protected) species. Listed as 'threatened' in Texas.

I hate that...she was scared to death and I don’t kill all snakes myself either but I know the dangerous snakes.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by cleatas

I hate that...she was scared to death and I don’t kill all snakes myself either but I know the dangerous snakes.

I understand completely. Not condemning her actions in the least. Too bad it was not a more common snake.

If a person reasonably feels an animal/reptile constitutes an immediate threat to themselves or others....I have NO problem with them 'dealing' with it.

IF authorities were ever to become involved....I trust they would consider the circumstances and apply 'discretion' as deemed appropriate.

And if I ever need a snake killed....I'll call on your Daughter, Man...she got that thing good......! wink
Posted By: snake oil

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 11:30 AM

King snake
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Snake ID please - 07/20/19 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by cleatas

I understand completely. Not condemning her actions in the least. Too bad it was not a more common snake.

If a person reasonably feels an animal/reptile constitutes an immediate threat to themselves or others....I have NO problem with them 'dealing' with it.

IF authorities were ever to become involved....I trust they would consider the circumstances and apply 'discretion' as deemed appropriate.

And if I ever need a snake killed....I'll call on your Daughter, Man...she got that thing good......! wink

Agree 100%...still hate that such a neat snake was killed....opportunity to inform and educate.....hope its taken.... up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum