Texas Hunting Forum

Skull cleaning

Posted By: BCJ

Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 01:16 AM

I finished the skulls from the water buffalo and ram I killed Saturday. I did them a different way and really like the results using the tips from Whitebonecreations on YouTube. Basically lightly boil the skull so you don’t hurt the bone and then power wash everything off. If takes a long time with the power washer but it really gets every nook clean. Then mix water and 40 volume peroxide and bring it just to a boil; pull out and spray off.
I had to buy a water trough from tractor supply to fit the buffalo and clean Sally’s out of 40 volume.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 01:36 AM

Wow,quick turn around on that! Looks good.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan

Those look awesome!
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan

Those look awesome!

Yep!
Posted By: heredeer

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 02:33 AM

up
Posted By: texfork

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 09:24 AM

Great job !
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 01:20 PM

Nice up
Posted By: Satch

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by westtexaswatkins
Nice up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/02/19 04:17 PM

Looks good!!
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/06/19 01:47 PM

The teeth didn't fall out while power washing it? I have an old skull with stuff still on it and I was thinking about power washing it, but was afraid I'd scatter the teeth everywhere, lol. I heard you can glue them back, but that sounds kind of tricky...trying to get them all back in the same spot, and looking normal.
Posted By: Birdboy

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/06/19 05:44 PM

Looks Great!
Posted By: BCJ

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/07/19 12:11 AM

All the teeth stayed in. I used the 20 degree nozzle for the outside and the 0 degree for all the inside spaces.

Originally Posted by d.g.ruff
The teeth didn't fall out while power washing it? I have an old skull with stuff still on it and I was thinking about power washing it, but was afraid I'd scatter the teeth everywhere, lol. I heard you can glue them back, but that sounds kind of tricky...trying to get them all back in the same spot, and looking normal.
Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/07/19 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by BCJ
All the teeth stayed in. I used the 20 degree nozzle for the outside and the 0 degree for all the inside spaces.

Originally Posted by d.g.ruff

up
Posted By: LG

Re: Skull cleaning - 05/07/19 01:31 PM

nice
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum