Texas Hunting Forum

FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM

Posted By: dlrz71

FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 12:36 AM

Scrolling through the thousands of hog pics and this one caught my eye. First time I have gotten one on camera.

Attached picture 11010086.JPG
Posted By: Hen-Killer

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 12:39 AM

Nice
Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 12:40 AM

Ive only seen one and it was in person. Cool critters
Posted By: Jasb

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 12:44 AM

That’s sweet
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 01:14 AM

Really cool!!!
Posted By: djs303

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 01:53 AM

Awesome! Never know what those cameras will pick up.
Posted By: Old Shakie

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 02:45 AM

Nice photo! Shy and rare little critters....I have only seen a couple in my life.
Posted By: NDN98

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 02:53 AM

Cool critters!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 05:21 AM

Good pic
Posted By: TrackQuack

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 08:40 AM

Definitely one of the coolest Tejas critters. My grandparents have lived on lake Travis for 40+ years. Growing up we would throw bread in the trees below the balcony and watch them run on the tree tops. My Gram still feeds them daily and has 3-4 that come by. Daily visitors - Grey foxes (bro-in law got video this year of a mom running with 4 kits behind her in the early morning), coyotes, raccoons, ring tail, rock squirrels, jack rabbits, deer, road runners, possums, skunks, jack rabbits...... cool cool cool (except for the skunks)
Posted By: Stub

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by TEXASLEFTY
Really cool!!!
up
Posted By: D Rogers

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 01:44 PM

Right on man, I personally haven't seen one, but my pops did last year after 30 years of living in the woods in Walker county
Posted By: ETexas Hunter

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 02:27 PM

up
Posted By: 82Ag

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 03:51 PM

Climbed in blind with one in San Saba County in 1986. As I recall, I gave him the blind that morning........
Posted By: Vindicator

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/13/18 04:36 PM

neat pic
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/14/18 01:32 AM

Neat little animals and seldom seen.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/14/18 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by djs303
Awesome! Never know what those cameras will pick up.

Neat critters.....would love to see one in person.... up
Posted By: CB/Mares Leg

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/14/18 03:25 PM

Theyre neat animals, they were all over a lease I was on in Lampasas a few years ago.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/14/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by CB/Mares Leg
Theyre neat animals, they were all over a lease I was on in Lampasas a few years ago.

Where in Lampasas? My uncle has a place north of there near Adamsville. Never seen one.
Posted By: CB/Mares Leg

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/14/18 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by CB/Mares Leg

Where in Lampasas? My uncle has a place north of there near Adamsville. Never seen one.

It was about 10-15 miles west of town, the owners last name was Yancy. Im sure he's passed on by now though.
Posted By: JCB

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/14/18 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by 82Ag
Climbed in blind with one in San Saba County in 1986. As I recall, I gave him the blind that morning........

I have done it twice now and Dad did it once earlier this year. My experience both times has been they are very shy and calm animals. Both times the animals closed their eyes and acted like if they couldn't see me then I couldn't see them either. Im pretty sure I could have gotten in the stand with them both times and we could have coexisted but I didn't do it. I just took some video with my phone and left them alone.
Posted By: Mathp

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/15/18 04:13 AM

I went Spring Turkey hunting with a buddy on his lease somewhere south of Abilene and he told me a story where a Ringtail was in his blind and just grabbed a stick and convinced him to get out of the blind, off the seat and down his arm and back down the ladder. I was thinking a tall tail as I had never heard of Ringtails. Anyway of course when I got to my assigned blind and opened the door there was a Ringtail sitting on the seat keeping warm. It was a cold day and I decided I wanted to be warm too! So I got down and found a stick and urged him to get out, and of course it ran down my arm and down the ladder in a heartbeat!
Posted By: Shooter5354

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/16/18 03:42 AM

There was one run over in front of my house this morning near Brady. Hated to see him smoothed.
Posted By: Shooter5354

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/16/18 03:44 AM

There was one run over in front of my house this morning near Brady. Hated to see him smashed.
Posted By: jim1961

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/16/18 01:57 PM

up
Posted By: TxAg

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 11/16/18 03:27 PM

I miss seeing those. Our first lease was covered up with them. Even had one come within 5 ft of my camp fire one night while he was hunting. Very neat animals.

Our current place is only about 10 miles away as the crow flies and we've yet to see one. But, it also got coon hunted real hard back in the day, bet they shot a bunch of them.
Posted By: Dansmith30cal

Re: FIRST RING TAIL ON CAM - 12/08/18 04:48 AM

Cool
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum