Texas Hunting Forum

Montana Again

Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Montana Again - 08/15/15 05:45 PM

Closed out the summer before school starts with another trip up north. Great family time and the crisp weather in August is hard to beat.

Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 06:55 PM

Awesome pics and beautiful family!
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 07:04 PM

Jealous seeing anybody wearing a jacket in August!!!!

Beautiful cabin and scenery smile
Posted By: Elkhunter49

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 07:38 PM

Great photos and the family time is as good as it gets!!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 07:51 PM

Great pics.
Posted By: JRJ6

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 08:03 PM

up
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 10:24 PM

Awesome pics. You have a beautiful family.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: MikeC

X2...Need more pics...coat pics.....

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 11:05 PM

Thank you Mike. Family is life's greatest blessing for sure. Having us all together without cell phone/internet was a wonderful thing.
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Montana Again - 08/15/15 11:56 PM

Great pics, appears that you found a little piece of heaven up there.
Posted By: tigger

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 12:12 AM

What river is the cabin on.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 12:23 AM

Rock Creek tigger.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 12:26 AM

Posted By: rattler03

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 12:39 AM

I am officially jealous, Sir. Beautiful scenery and some great family time - it doesn't get any better than that.
Posted By: badger2b

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 12:43 AM

The sweat top matches the stringer and the trout matches the jacket, nice. Just Joshing.

Beautiful pictures, Sir.
up
Posted By: Western

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:01 AM

Great photos NP, I bet you don't even hear or feel the world spinning by when you guy's are there.
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:01 AM

Looks like you and the family had a great trip. Memories for a lifetime.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: rattler03
I am officially jealous, Sir. Beautiful scenery and some great family time - it doesn't get any better than that.

The great thing about Montana is the rivers/streams in National forests are all public access. And you don't have to own a cabin - the rentals are very reasonable. All you really have to do is be willing to brave some mountain roads and you can access some remote country with almost no people and great fishing.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Western
Great photos NP, I bet you don't even hear or feel the world spinning by when you guy's are there.

Yes Western my measure of a great trip is when no one knows what day it is. That was the case several times during this trip. smile
Posted By: rifleman

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:14 AM

Wonder if chipmunk tastes like cat squirrel? whistle
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:18 AM

Great pics that will great to view over and over again! Looks a great family trip.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Yes Western my measure of a great trip is when no one knows what day it is. That was the case several times during this trip. smile

Yes sir, I have no doubt coming home gets harder each trip. I suppose it is a good idea in the back of the mind that you have that oasis to retreat to though, after a hectic time.

You drive in, or fly?

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:30 AM

We flew this time. Which will mostly be the case from now on (will keep a jeep there.) At least until we get to do like dogcatcher and retire. smile
Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 02:28 AM

Nice brown. I loved Montana when I took the family up there. Makes me want to be a snowbird.
Posted By: erathar

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 03:41 AM

That is great NG. Your family will cherish those times. The heat is waiting for you back in Texas. Bring the cool fronts down with you.
Posted By: yeti2009

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 04:10 AM

Great pics! Too bad you didn't bring some of those cooler temperatures back with you.
Posted By: kry226

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 04:24 AM

cheers
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:07 PM

Great pics NP. Nothing better than enjoying Gods country with the family. cheers

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:39 PM

We flew this time. Which will mostly be the case from now on (will keep a jeep there.) At least until we get to do like dogcatcher and retire. smile

up I have a friend that has a nice log home in CO, he will fly most times now, his drive isn't near what yours is though! Your drive could almost be a vacation on it's own if you have stops along the way.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 01:48 PM

Shelby's brown was about 17 inches. Here's my best one, an 18 inch rainbow. Shelby's was a much better trophy as browns are much smaller than rainbows in Rock Creek.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 02:09 PM

Mighty fine fish NP, browns are coveted most places. 18" trout is a great haul out of any stream up

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 02:20 PM

Better pic of Shelby's. Net opening is 16 inches. You can keep 3 browns/day and all brookies. Rainbows, cutthroats, and bull trout are all catch and release. I release them all anyway except a couple to eat every now and then.

Posted By: jeh7mmmag

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 02:22 PM

Great times, and some Great family pictures. Love the background and back country streams. Thanks for the cool country. cheers

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 02:33 PM

That is a gorgeous Brown. up

I once had an order for a coffee table using steel and drift would for a house in Snowmass, they supplied 4 types of trout (stuffed) that I mounted under the glass top on the drift wood. turned out to be an awesome coffee table.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 02:39 PM

It all looks good...BUT NEED TO SEE MORE COAT PICS! I'm missing my coat a lot right now! bang

Seriously....looks like a fantastic time with the family! up

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 02:42 PM

I once had an order for a coffee table using steel and drift would for a house in Snowmass, they supplied 4 types of trout (stuffed) that I mounted under the glass top on the drift wood. turned out to be an awesome coffee table.

That sounds cool. Our cabin is much more on the rustic side. Very well built but nothing fancy. Off the grid but between solar, propane, and backup generator you don't notice it. Tammy and I hit the second hand/antique shops and Craig's list to decorate it. We got some great log furniture/beds at unbelievable prices. That stuff is fairly common up there with folks selling out and not wanting to haul it back home.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 02:47 PM

Here's all I can find for you Snake.

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 04:04 PM

That sounds cool. Our cabin is much more on the rustic side. Very well built but nothing fancy. Off the grid but between solar, propane, and backup generator you don't notice it. Tammy and I hit the second hand/antique shops and Craig's list to decorate it. We got some great log furniture/beds at unbelievable prices. That stuff is fairly common up there with folks selling out and not wanting to haul it back home.

Yes sir, built a lot of "stuff" for mountain cabins and homes. It is fun for a spell looking through the shops and what not for unique items to decorate with, seems the imagination is the only limiting factor.
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Montana Again - 08/16/15 04:07 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum