Texas Hunting Forum

Two Water Moccasin fighting.

Posted By: JaredD

Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/22/14 05:55 PM

This is a video I took several years ago. I posted it awhile ago as well but for any new people who haven't seen it, here it is. It's two male Water Moccasin's fighting over a female, I filmed them in the Austin area doing Memorial Weekend something like 4 years ago. One of my favorite videos.

http://jareddavidsonphotography.blogspot.com/2014/10/two-water-moccasins-fighting.html
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/22/14 06:43 PM

Cool video. up
Posted By: Satch

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/22/14 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Cool video. up
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/22/14 06:52 PM

It was cool for a second. Just kept getting creepier. and creepier. and creepier.
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/22/14 07:10 PM

Looked like a girl fight.... cheerleader
Posted By: Michael W.

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/22/14 11:25 PM

Great find. About 40 years ago I witnessed to Rattlers doing the same thing. I wasn't sure what it was about at first. I watched
them for a minute or so and then shot both with a shot gun. About that time another rattler about10' away that I hadn't seen,
started to rattle. Pretty sure that last one was a female and that was what the duel was about.
Posted By: maturner05

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/24/14 01:33 AM

am i the only one that thinks they don't really look like cotton mouths? admittedly, I'm not snake expert, but it sure looked to me like a couple of diamond back water snakes in the early breeding stages...
Posted By: billyhunt

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/24/14 02:28 AM

^^^^ This, the only I have killed didn't come close to this. No snake expert though.
Posted By: PWT

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/24/14 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: WTGuide
Looked like a girl fight.... cheerleader

I kinda thought they were making out..
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/24/14 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: maturner05
am i the only one that thinks they don't really look like cotton mouths? admittedly, I'm not snake expert, but it sure looked to me like a couple of diamond back water snakes in the early breeding stages...
Hard to tell, but the raccon stipe on the head and shape of the head tell me not to mess with them. My guess is this is two fairly young water moccasins
Posted By: plowboy

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/24/14 06:07 PM

Looks to me like they are mating. I'm no snake expert though.
Posted By: spg

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/24/14 08:49 PM

Ol cotton mouth's I hate'em. Where I live their abundant, definitely the most aggressive snake I've ever encountered.
Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Two Water Moccasin fighting. - 10/26/14 06:12 PM

I'm like the others, pretty sure those are diamond back water snakes
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum