Texas Hunting Forum

Show room pics

Posted By: TnT Taxidermist

Show room pics - 09/25/14 06:24 PM

Just snapped a few pics after lunch today of the show room here at my shop. I've been finishing up a lot of Axis mounts the last few weeks all of which where brought in this summer and already ready to go home with clients. I finished up the caribou this morning and think he turned out really nice, I'd love to get a chance to go hunt one some day but for now it's still fun to mount then and in a way bring them back to life. With hunting season just around the corner, if your in the Kerrville/Ingram area feel free to stop by and visit with me and check out the work. I'll be offering a 10% discount to all forum members on any shoulder mount and if you can beat me in a game of pool, I'll make it 15%. Let me know what y'all think about the mounts and hopefully I'll be seeing some of y'all in the months to come.

Posted By: East

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 06:30 PM

very nice
Posted By: Western

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 06:36 PM

I think your work looks awesome, even over the internet. Your office deco, really makes them "pop" too.
Posted By: HunterMattW2

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 06:37 PM

So where are the big leather couches to sit in and talk?

That is an awesome room/shop/business front.....great looking place, pool table, good ole dog laying up against the counter.....looks like a place you could come in, pour up a glass of tea or coffee/ crack a beer and just hang out for a while....

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: HunterMattW2
So where are the big leather couches to sit in and talk?

That is an awesome room/shop/business front.....great looking place, pool table, good ole dog laying up against the counter.....looks like a place you could come in, pour up a glass of tea or coffee/ crack a beer and just hang out for a while....

Thanks a lot HunterMatt, there defiantly might be a beer or two popped after 6 when buddies start showing up, kinda makes it hard for me to get out of here some times.. The couch and recliner are in the works, just gotta mount a few more heads to fit them in the budget.
Posted By: westtexaswatkins

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 06:56 PM

WOW, nice work
Posted By: kry226

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 07:17 PM

Looks great!
Posted By: Harley7892

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 07:25 PM

Really like what you have done, the art of your work showers a lot of pride and dedication.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 07:54 PM

very nice work cheers
Posted By: Satch

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 08:01 PM

All very nice mounts but the one that really catches my eye is the Tom. Best one I have seen. I shot a Tom with a 14 inch beard a few years ago that had three colors (redish brown, black & grey) really wanted to do that with it but could not afford at the time.
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 08:05 PM

Great work and good looking place. If I was closer, I would swing by and beat you in a game of pool cheers
Posted By: oilfldtrash

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 08:26 PM

I like how you brought out the color in the Black Labs mouth. Nice work! lol!

Cool place and some nice art work.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Show room pics - 09/25/14 09:24 PM

Nice work.
Posted By: erniejs

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 12:58 AM

Nice
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 01:08 AM

cheers
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 01:27 AM

Very nice.
Posted By: H-Town Hunter

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 01:32 AM

Beautiful work. I hunt up in Rocksprings right outside of Kerrville. If you could message me and send me where you are located that would be great. Keep up the great work. up
Posted By: Drop Tine

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: PaulZ2
Beautiful work. I hunt up in Rocksprings right outside of Kerrville. If you could message me and send me where you are located that would be great. Keep up the great work. up

Me too. Going on a blackbuck hunt in December between Leakey and Junction. Please send me your info also.
Posted By: TexfireLT

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 12:28 PM

Amazing!
Posted By: EddieWalker

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 01:20 PM

I consider myself to be a bit of a taxidermist snob and find that most fail to deliver what I'm wanting. When searching for a new one this year one of the first things that set off red flags was a sloppy and ugly display room. It just amazes me how they don't realize how poorly that reflects on them and then on the work they do. I really like your room. It looks very professional, organized and clean.

Thanks for sharing,
Eddie
Posted By: BSG WRAPS

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 01:57 PM

Looks Nice! coolpics
Posted By: TxAg

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 02:05 PM

Many nice looking animals, good work. That 'bou sure is pretty. Love the Muley pedestal as well, beautiful wood base.

And the old black lab relaxing on the floor completes the picture, sure miss mine sometimes.

Best of luck with your business moving forward, I'm sure you have a good future ahead.
Posted By: kdkane1971

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 02:17 PM

looks great texas
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 04:23 PM

up
Posted By: crosshare

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 04:25 PM

I am jealous of the showroom frown
Posted By: Gone to Texas

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 04:41 PM

up
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 04:43 PM

Nice work... but please, please tell me the black lab by the counter is NOT stuffed???

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
Nice work... but please, please tell me the black lab by the counter is NOT stuffed???

Ha, no the black lab is defiantly still alive. He's my old buddy Willie, just turned 9 last month, getting to old to leave him in the back yard all day while i'm up here working so he's now the new shop dog
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 06:02 PM

Just sent you a message on your webpage! Will PM you here with same question!
Posted By: Skylar Mac

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 07:34 PM

I didn't know you were in that area, I will try to send some people your way after harvest this year.
Posted By: rborn

Re: Show room pics - 09/26/14 07:43 PM

Yes, very nice work indeed.

Re: Show room pics - 09/27/14 01:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA
I didn't know you were in that area, I will try to send some people your way after harvest this year.

Sounds great, I sure appreciate it!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Show room pics - 09/27/14 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
very nice work cheers
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: Show room pics - 10/01/14 10:06 PM

Looks great Taylor, put me on wait list for a Mule Deer mount from Colorado. laugh

Re: Show room pics - 10/01/14 11:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
Looks great Taylor, put me on wait list for a Mule Deer mount from Colorado. laugh

No wait list for you Rob, after you kill that big 190" typical he'll go to the front of the line.
Posted By: RLoving1

Re: Show room pics - 10/02/14 02:35 AM

I am going to try for a Black Buck next year. Going to try to find hunt down in that area that way I know who to take it to! I took a stag hide into Taylor Monday and his mounts look like someone who takes pride in his work. What impressed me was him jumping out of truck introduced himself then got to business. Took hide from chest, we put it in bag and labeled it and he has a big cold storage in shop and he took it to chill, this was primary to paper work. Trophy care first then BSing and paperwork. Clean organized place with nice showroom.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Show room pics - 10/02/14 10:37 AM

up
Posted By: R. Johnson

Re: Show room pics - 10/02/14 06:20 PM

Great looking mounts!!
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum