Texas Hunting Forum

Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy)

Posted By: stxranchman

Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:06 PM

From a previous thread http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4776687/1
Well got my Mule Deer hunt in and started to clean up and move somethings into the new place. Sorry about the pic quality.
View looking into living room area. Room ceiling height is 11.5' on outside and 15.5' on centerline wall. All walls have 1/2" plywood behind the sheetrock.

View from kitchen into the living area.

Kitchen area. Used barnwood tile on the bar and backsplashes.

Also used it around the kitchen window, also trimmed window with some old barnwood. I think it looks great and goes well with the granite counter tops.

Loft area above the kitchen for mounts or ????? It is made from old barnwood from my family farm. It was from an old chicken house that my grandparents built in the late 30's. I used the barnwood tile to match it on the rest of the house when I used tile.

We used the barnwood to tie in the barnwood and used it as trim around front doors. The front of the kitchen countertop and bar.

Front doors from inside the house.
Posted By: East

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:07 PM

Looking great STX. Ready to see it with all the mounts on the walls
Posted By: one73maro

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:08 PM

WOW!!! That looks awesome!
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:10 PM

Man STX that looks freaking great! Love the barnwood tile and the real wood. Front door trim looks awesome.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:12 PM

Very nice.

x2 on the mounts

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:12 PM

Random pics.
Master bedroom.

Since I used the barnwood on the loft display area I had a wild idea to finished the masterbath shower in the barnwood tile with a washed stone floor to give it an outdoor/ranch feel.

Closet in masterbath

Vaniety in bathroom.

Spare bathroom.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:14 PM

That looks friggin' badarse. Love the barnwood Ranchman. It's gonna' look killer with all your mounts installed. up

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:20 PM

Random pics.

Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:22 PM

Very nice
Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:24 PM

Looks good
Posted By: YellowDog

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:28 PM

Nice Job Looks great
Posted By: Payne

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:31 PM

Very Nice stx
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:36 PM

Very, nice what kind of wood floors did you go with?
Posted By: 007007

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:43 PM

WOW! Cant wait till the open house party!!!!!!!

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 07:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 007007
WOW! Cant wait till the open house party!!!!!!!
Me neither.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 08:10 PM

That has turned out super nice.
Posted By: don k

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 08:38 PM

Wow Ranchman, that is really nice. I just hope you didn't spend all your money where you can still buy beer for the "Open House"
Posted By: west-tex

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: one73maro
WOW!!! That looks awesome!

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Not wood but vinyl wood planking. That is why I used it in the kitchen, dining and baths. Easy to install and very durable.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: don k
Wow Ranchman, that is really nice. I just hope you didn't spend all your money where you can still buy beer for the "Open House"

Thanks but the beer might have to be some old leftover Generic Beer sick

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 08:49 PM

That's the best kind!

I like the barnwood shower... just don't slip and bust your arse on them river rocks!
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 08:55 PM

Thats what I'm talking about. Very nice stx up Will your full mount bedded fit up in the loft?

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: BuckRage
Thats what I'm talking about. Very nice stx up Will your full mount bedded fit up in the loft?

Yes both of them should fit up there. If not then one will and the other can go into the living area on the floor.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 09:11 PM

What are your ceilings in the living room and kitchen? They look to be bead board of some kind?
Posted By: FowledUp

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 09:16 PM

Looks awesome, very nice work.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
What are your ceilings in the living room and kitchen? They look to be bead board of some kind?

They are wood laminate ceiling planks.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: stxranchman

Not wood but vinyl wood planking. That is why I used it in the kitchen, dining and baths. Easy to install and very durable.

Stuff is tough. My mom has it in her house. I put it in my travel trailer. Not cheap either.

Looks good ill be headed south over xmass. Ill bring the beer, just makes you fill up the mr buddy heaters in the blind.:)

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 10:19 PM

Stuff is tough. My mom has it in her house. I put it in my travel trailer. Not cheap either.

Looks good ill be headed south over xmass. Ill bring the beer, just makes you fill up the mr buddy heaters in the blind.:)

It was not really that expensive and cheaper than regular wood flooring, tile or stained concrete. It is really tough. No heaters in my blinds, those are for candyarse hunters bolt but it don't get to cold here either.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 10:26 PM

Lol, think ill be down there 23-25 in rockport. If your not chasing deer ill have to buy you a beer
Posted By: JeremyKS

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 10:34 PM

Very nice. What kind of wood is that your cabinets are made of?
Posted By: spibiggie

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 10:55 PM

<jealous
Posted By: sig6060

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 11:01 PM

Looks awesome bud. Congrats
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 11:04 PM

Guess I look at things differently. I am utterly amazed that you can have 35000+ posts in a three year period and even think of a new place. House looks very livable & comfortable. Congrats.
Posted By: DiverTexas

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 11:19 PM

Looks outstanding, it really turned out well.
Posted By: USMCatfish

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 11:31 PM

Looks awesome have any outside pictures
?
Posted By: csmith936

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/16/13 11:44 PM

Wow! Your placed turned out great! I can't wait til I get to build mine
Posted By: Stub

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 12:05 AM

Any rooms for rent confused2

Looks great up
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 12:12 AM

Looks Great Amigo up
Posted By: txshntr

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 12:18 AM

Great choice on the vinyl. Very durable...took a few installations for me to trust it, but I am sold on it now.

Place looks outstanding!!!! I am just surprised you made ALL those decisions by yourself rofl

Really does look up
Posted By: k-Fletch

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 06:43 AM

up
Posted By: TxDispatcher

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: blackcoal
Guess I look at things differently. I am utterly amazed that you can have 35000+ posts in a three year period and even think of a new place.

wtf am I the only one who is wondering what this has to do with the topic? confused2

Stx...love the build sir up looks great cheers
Posted By: Matagorda Mud Pig

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 02:04 PM

Now I want one. You should be proud.
Posted By: EastTexun

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 02:09 PM

Looks great STX. I like all those track lights to show those mounts you will have on the walls. That will make them look very nice up there.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 02:10 PM

Outstanding! Really turned out nice. up
Posted By: BOLT GUY

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 02:31 PM

You did a great job on the inside! Can we see some pics of the outside? After the kids are out of school I plan on doing something similar.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: TxDispatcher
Guess I look at things differently. I am utterly amazed that you can have 35000+ posts in a three year period and even think of a new place.

wtf am I the only one who is wondering what this has to do with the topic? confused2

Nope, you aren't the only one. Think the rest of just passed it off as a Jackwagon post and ignored him grin
Posted By: target1911

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 02:44 PM

WOW!!!!!!
I hate barnwood but that looks AWESOME with how you used it and the tile
Posted By: Satch

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 03:07 PM

Sweet casa sir. Me likey
Posted By: blackcoal

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: txshntr

Nope, you aren't the only one. Think the rest of just passed it off as a Jackwagon post and ignored him grin

Whoa big fellows. Why didn't you include the rest of my post. "Looks very comfortable and livable. Congrats" First, if my comment did not bother Stx why are you complaining? I did not post it for your benefit. Second, it was meant as a compliment. I am trying to maintain 413 acres, clean some barns & garage, and I admire him for being that organized. Back in 2007 we remodeled the old farmhouse in Erath Co and it was a nightmare. Third, I feel Stx can take care of his business, doubt he needs you to take up for him. Merry Christmas to all.
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 03:47 PM

Looks great STX. I can't wait for you serve us up some of your world famous waffles from that fancy new kitchen.

Seriously though, nicely done. I'm envious.
Posted By: TX_Huntress

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 03:54 PM

Looks comfy, I love the barnwood accents.
I think you will have a harder time deciding what mount goes where, than you had in picking out what materials you wanted to use for the new build. smile

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 03:57 PM

Whoa big fellows. Why didn't you include the rest of my post. "Looks very comfortable and livable. Congrats" First, if my comment did not bother Stx why are you complaining? I did not post it for your benefit. Second, it was meant as a compliment. I am trying to maintain 413 acres, clean some barns & garage, and I admire him for being that organized. Back in 2007 we remodeled the old farmhouse in Erath Co and it was a nightmare. Third, I feel Stx can take care of his business, doubt he needs you to take up for him. Merry Christmas to all.

First, it reads like a Jackwagon post. Second, if it bothered STX, he would ignore it as a Jackwagon post like most of us did. Third, no doubt STX can handle his own. I wasn't responding to you, I was answering txsdispatcher. Fourth, your explanation was very thoughtful and provide clarification that you are in fact not a Jackwagon. Merry Christmas to you too cheers

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 04:25 PM

Lol, think ill be down there 23-25 in rockport. If your not chasing deer ill have to buy you a beer

Will have to check with me. We are trying to get my Dad home for a day or two for Christmas if we can so it might not work for me.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: JeremyKS

They are from Lowes and the in stock ones they have in store. Kitchen Classics Denver Hickory. I had tried to order some customs ones but someone from Lowes put a hold on my order in late August when I ordered them. Then in early October the manufacturer called my contractor to schedule a delivery date so they could build them. So I cancelled the custom and took the in store inventory. My contractor hand picked the ones with more grain as best he could. The pantry was a custom order though.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: USMCatfish
Looks awesome have any outside pictures
?

None yet of it completed but here is a link I posted in the start of this thread with a link to see the build to date. http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4776687/1

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 04:35 PM

They are from Lowes and the in stock ones they have in store. Kitchen Classics Denver Hickory. I had tried to order some customs ones but someone from Lowes put a hold on my order in late August when I ordered them. Then in early October the manufacturer called my contractor to schedule a delivery date so they could build them. So I cancelled the custom and took the in store inventory. My contractor hand picked the ones with more grain as best he could. The pantry was a custom order though.
When we were building our house we used the same line of cabinets from Lowes except in Oak. A few weeks or months later they came out with the hickory, which I like a LOT better, dagnabit bang
Posted By: Rebel.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 04:43 PM

Turned out very nice. I'm sure it will look even better when completely furnished.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 04:44 PM

This is what I lived in for the last 16 months and all I added was a porch and some skirting but this 14'x32' Cabin was my home while I had this built. So anything would be an improvement even living a barn.hammer I did not need nor want anything real eloborate or fancy. Just something that fits my needs. Being single I only had to please me.wife I am pleased grin

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 04:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid

When we were building our house we used the same line of cabinets from Lowes except in Oak. A few weeks or months later they came out with the hickory, which I like a LOT better, dagnabit bang

I am glad I went with the in store ones instead of the custom order now also. I really likes this wood and color of the cabinets.
Posted By: BOLT GUY

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 05:14 PM

It all tied together very nicely, you'll be very happy in your new place. So would you do it again, living in the shed?
Posted By: cameron00

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 05:21 PM

How exactly did you shower in that thing (old one)?

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: BOLT GUY
It all tied together very nicely, you'll be very happy in your new place. So would you do it again, living in the shed?

If I did not have it crammed full of stuff yes I would but not enough room for all my mounts though.
Originally Posted By: cameron00
How exactly did you shower in that thing (old one)?

This cabin has a living/kitchen area, bedroom and then a bath(4'6"'x8'6") with small shower and a closet(4'6"x4'6"). It has two small lofts- one over the kitchen and one over the bath/closet on each end.

Now I gotta sell this cabin!
Posted By: artrios60

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/17/13 10:41 PM

Very nice up

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/18/13 04:08 AM

Thanks all
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/18/13 04:41 AM

Looks great STX! up
Posted By: jlbain94

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/18/13 04:58 AM

Looks amazing. Congrats on the new place.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/19/13 02:27 AM

Thanks guys
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/19/13 02:43 AM

Looks great STX, I am very happy for you my friend!
Posted By: NDN98

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/19/13 02:54 AM

That looks awesome! Very nice place you have!
Posted By: OneShotSam

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/19/13 02:59 AM

Looks great !! Congrats
Posted By: KG68

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/19/13 03:29 AM

Wow STX that is a nice looking place. up eek2 eek2

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: East
Very nice.

x2 on the mounts
That looks friggin' badarse. Love the barnwood Ranchman. It's gonna' look killer with all your mounts installed. up

Well I got most of the mounts up on Monday this week, so here are a few pics of them.

Posted By: Payne

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 05:40 PM

Outstanding stx

Looks great
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 05:43 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: jshouse

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 05:46 PM

that is ridiculous. i want one.
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 05:48 PM

thats insane up
Posted By: North2AK

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 06:00 PM

thats insane up

X2 I just developed a serious case of trophy room envy!

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 06:02 PM

Nice! Next time I need to hang a mount... instead of looking at it leaned up on the wall for 3 months Ill just call you up
Posted By: East

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 06:15 PM

flehan

Looks awesome STX up
Posted By: ijohnston

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 06:18 PM

Awesome. Can you post a pic of theoutside of the barndominium. VERY COOL>>>>>
Posted By: BowsnRods

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 06:20 PM

What time does the room of horns open and how much are the tickets. Looks great Steve! Merry Christmas-Happy New Year
Posted By: DeerTamales

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/27/13 06:43 PM

Man that's awesome...nice build. Let me know when you want me to bring the steaks and XX grin
Posted By: jlbain94

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/27/13 06:49 PM

You've spent more money on taxidermy than you have on your house! Awesome!
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/27/13 06:52 PM

Awesome
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 06:53 PM

Hell of a 8 pointer?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 06:54 PM

Which one?

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 07:02 PM

All of them up
Posted By: Deer Junky

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 08:41 PM

Awesome awesome awesome. Love your attention to detail throughout.

How many years of hunting is represented by the mounts in your trophy room? Bound to be a good story or two you can tell about them.

Thanks for sharing pics stx.
Posted By: crstfr

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 08:43 PM

man... it was already nice!!.. adding the mounts to just put salt in the wound....every one of those deer are trophy's!...

outstanding!!!..

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Deer Junky
Awesome awesome awesome. Love your attention to detail throughout.

How many years of hunting is represented by the mounts in your trophy room? Bound to be a good story or two you can tell about them.

Thanks for sharing pics stx.

That is from 24 yrs of hunting. I have some older mounts I will move in that will date back into the mid 70's though.
Posted By: Deer Junky

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 09:38 PM

That is from 24 yrs of hunting. I have some older mounts I will move in that will date back into the mid 70's though.
up
would love to see a 360* panorama photo of the mounts from a step ladder in the middle of the room. Capture a frontal view of every single mount in one frame.
Posted By: Bluegoose

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 09:49 PM

flehan

Looks awesome STX up

I love the shower in the master bath
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 09:57 PM

Wow that is amazing with all the mounts...

Walter
Posted By: 82Ag

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 10:22 PM

Man cave to end all man caves. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Posted By: 82Ag

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 10:23 PM

Man cave to end all man caves. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
Posted By: Hill Country Stalker

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 10:57 PM

Impressive!
Posted By: elcasador

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/27/13 11:25 PM

flehan
Stand on your love seat and scream, CABELA'S AIN'T GOT S**T ON ME!!!
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/28/13 12:51 AM

Sick chit STX. Great looking place. Love it and holy smokes on the mounts. You have led a blessed hunting life!!
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/28/13 01:02 AM

WlizardW THAT is amazing !!
Posted By: TXHogger

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 12/28/13 01:07 AM

Wow!
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/28/13 04:31 AM

X2
Very nice.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/28/13 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: chital_shikari
X2
Very nice.

From page 3.
Very nice.

x2 on the mounts

Well I got most of the mounts up on Monday this week, so here are a few pics of them.

Posted By: Stub

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/28/13 12:52 PM

Outstandingup Great job on the Barndominium and what a collection of mounts & memories cheers
And thats only most of them (mounts) eeks333

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/29/13 04:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Stub
Outstandingup Great job on the Barndominium and what a collection of mounts & memories cheers
And thats only most of them (mounts) eeks333

Well I have about 5 or 6 more older ones that are in other rooms. Then I have about 20 euro skull mounts also to find room for.
Thanks guys.
Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/29/13 04:42 PM

Ranch you could charge admission to show those off!!
Posted By: Chuck Cox

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/29/13 05:03 PM

Awesome job. Looks really good cheers
Posted By: TXHUNT

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/29/13 05:09 PM

Looking great
Posted By: EricShelton

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/29/13 05:22 PM

Awesome. What does the outside look like? Or did I miss the pics?

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 12/29/13 10:12 PM

Originally Posted By: EricShelton
Awesome. What does the outside look like? Or did I miss the pics?

Here is a link that I posted in the first post on this thread.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4776687/1
Posted By: changedmyname

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/24/14 10:17 PM

Very nice.

x2 on the mounts

I dint think I've even seen that many bucks in my lifetime. Awesome
Posted By: RedSnake

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/24/14 10:27 PM

Yessir! Now that's a good looking room.

Which one is your favorite trophy?
Posted By: MikeC

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 02:26 AM

I couldn't afford your taxidermy bill!

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: RedSnake
Yessir! Now that's a good looking room.

Which one is your favorite trophy?

My West Texas Mule Deer on the last pic on the right is my favorite Mule Deer. WT is the 7x7 typical I killed in Bandera County.
Posted By: Lotto

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 02:58 AM

Dang...................[i][/i]
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 03:16 PM

Great Work Amigo...Looks Outstanding
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 04:20 PM

Very Nice up
Posted By: fadetoblack64

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 05:08 PM

The whole build is just flat out awesome......I am jealous
Posted By: Cinch

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 06:14 PM

Awesome setup up
Posted By: huntnelmo

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 06:41 PM

Wow....going to have to stop mounting your trophies or add on to it soon...
LOL....VERY NICE! cheers
Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 08:34 PM

Awesome and I really like the full body mounts on the ledge.....
Posted By: DirtyHarry

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 09:51 PM

If you wanna ball hard, you gotta ball hard...

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 02/25/14 10:36 PM

roflmao Well there you have it... Stx aka HARD BALLER rofl
Posted By: 44magblackhawk

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 12:05 AM

gotta love that faux finish
Posted By: Wburke2010

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 01:25 AM

Every time this come back to the top I still can't believe how good that looks. Congrats on the new place you did good.

Walter

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 12:17 PM

Any words of advice for someone who is about to start their own barndominium?
Posted By: LandPirate

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 03:16 PM

Outstanding. Congrats on your new home. I am envious.

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 03:59 PM

Originally Posted By: DiverTexas

Find as many finished one to look at as you can. Ask the owner what they would do different and what they like. Price several builders and ask for references that they have built for and look at their build. Here is one website I used when starting to look and price. I did not use them to do my build.
http://www.wdmb.com/Texas_Barndominiums.aspx
Posted By: Bowhunt Only

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 04:33 PM

I love the full mount whitetails up in the loft. You don't see full mount whitetails very often. Way cool!

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 04:37 PM

Find as many finished one to look at as you can. Ask the owner what they would do different and what they like. Price several builders and ask for references that they have built for and look at their build. Here is one website I used when starting to look and price. I did not use them to do my build.

Very Impressive!!! Looks great up

Is there anything you would have done different, now that it is pretty much done? Looks like you could have made it bigger...more wall space at least grin

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 05:08 PM

Very Impressive!!! Looks great up

Is there anything you would have done different, now that it is pretty much done? Looks like you could have made it bigger...more wall space at least grin

I probably would have made the living quarters wider than 30', more like 34-35'. I would have added 8-10' to the slab length for more barn/shed area. So I would have had a 35' x 100' slab instead of 30'x92'. Wall space is fine, for now grin

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 02/26/14 05:22 PM

Very nice, thanks for the info.
I plan on doing the build out on my own, so I'm really just looking for a steel erector at this point.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 09/21/14 03:42 PM

I missed this before. Definitely looks nice. Bet it's comfortable to live in.
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: Building a Barndominium(mounts added pics 12-27) - 09/21/14 04:23 PM

Originally Posted By: North2AK
thats insane up

X2 I just developed a serious case of trophy room envy!

X3!

Very very nice! Congrats on a great build! Beautiful! Love what you did with the wood com the barn!
Posted By: Western

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 09/21/14 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
I missed this before. Definitely looks nice. Bet it's comfortable to live in.

So did I? He77 of head room STX up
Posted By: truenorthoutdoors_tx

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 09/21/14 07:57 PM

Cool
Posted By: TnT Taxidermist

Re: Building a Barndominium(almost completed pic heavy) - 09/22/14 06:27 PM

How about some outside pictures?
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum