Texas Hunting Forum

First year hunting my own spot

Posted By: greygooser

First year hunting my own spot - 10/22/13 11:18 PM

The buck isn't going to excite many apart from me, but this is my first year hunting my own place and my second year hunting total. I moved over from the UK a few years back to marry my now wife. Her dad is big into hunting and helped me get setup on his lease. Its been a great way to get to know each other outside of the typical family environment. This year i've paid for my own spot and its pretty darn exciting. We've been working hard all summer getting things setup and soon we should be enjoying our hard work.

Anyway, here's whats showing up on my camera. The feeder has been up for 1 week. Suprised how much action its getting .

And one of my well mannered pup Ruby, who endured our marathon session of trying to get a blind up.

Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/22/13 11:26 PM

You've got a full menu up
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/22/13 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Novemberyet

Yep! up
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/22/13 11:47 PM

Lookin good. Congrats on you new set up. Good luck this season. up
Posted By: TAT

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/22/13 11:50 PM

Looks great!
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/22/13 11:54 PM

Looks great!! Good luck this season getting that guy...he would be welcome on my place any day.

Plus, god looking pup!
Posted By: fbchunter

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/22/13 11:55 PM

Good luck, you wont regret it!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 01:06 AM

Great looking setup. Might want to get your registration and inspection up to date on that truck!
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 01:08 AM

Awesome! I hope you get a bign

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 02:12 AM

Thanks all. Can't wait to get out an spend some time in the stand. I'll probably just watch the deer this year unless something ridiculous turns up. I'm quite content taking out the pigs for now, of which there are many.

Originally Posted By: Halfadozen
Great looking setup. Might want to get your registration and inspection up to date on that truck!

You have a keen eye. That truck hasn't left the lease in a good many years. Its strictly an off road vehicle!
Posted By: Halfadozen

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 02:16 AM

Originally Posted By: greygooser
Thanks all. Can't wait to get out an spend some time in the stand. I'll probably just watch the deer this year unless something ridiculous turns up. I'm quite content taking out the pigs for now, of which there are many.

Originally Posted By: Halfadozen

You have a keen eye. That truck hasn't left the lease in a good many years. Its strictly an off road vehicle!

That's what I figured. Looks like a ranch truck with all the Texas Pinstripes. Best of wishes to you this season.
Posted By: talonss

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 04:29 PM

paradise
Posted By: NTX270

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 07:09 PM

I wonder how many people from the UK can say that within a few years being "Texasized" they not only posted on the Texas Hunting Forum, but posted pics of deer (does and bucks), turkeys, pigs, the greatness of the puppy dog, and a lease truck? ... and you pulled that off all in one post.

I'm not saying it hasn't ever happen but I'm betting you are in some pretty rare company. Congrats to you and welcome to texas
Posted By: Nontypical3006

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: NTX270
I wonder how many people from the UK can say that within a few years being "Texasized" they not only posted on the Texas Hunting Forum, but posted pics of deer (does and bucks), turkeys, pigs, the greatness of the puppy dog, and a lease truck? ... and you pulled that off all in one post.

I'm not saying it hasn't ever happen but I'm betting you are in some pretty rare company. Congrats to you and welcome to texas

AND threw in the word "darn"! Congrats, welcome and best of luck!
Posted By: WTGuide

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 07:47 PM

Looks good!
Posted By: 007hunter

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 07:56 PM

All ya need now is a chupa and a bigfoot and you'll have the full Texas zoo...WOW
Posted By: TooLow

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 07:59 PM

Looks like you have a good place there Grey. Congrats and good luck.
Posted By: DQKN

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 10:25 PM

looks good
Posted By: spibiggie

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/23/13 11:38 PM

Looks good indeed.

Welcome to the States, and the best state the States have to offer!

And congratulations on doing your relocation program the right way!

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/24/13 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: NTX270

I think I've seen maybe one other Brit on here at some point so yes, i'm an oddity. I've certainly been 'Texasized' and it didn't take long. From the Ford F150, to the Luchese's and my obsession with 'Football' wink My wife often jokes that i'm more Country or Texan than many of the guys she grew up with.

Anyway, Texas suits me down to the ground and I consider myself very fortunate to be able to live here.

Thanks all!
Posted By: Sneekyfingers

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/24/13 12:46 AM

Lots of good hunting in your future,take your pick. Good luck
Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: First year hunting my own spot - 10/24/13 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: dogcatcher
Originally Posted By: Novemberyet

Yep! up
X3 up
Posted By: NDN98