Texas Hunting Forum

Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean

Posted By: RCM

Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 09:38 PM

[img][IMG]http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l494/ryancm23/rattlebug.png[/img][/img]
Posted By: chalet

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 09:43 PM

Posted By: East

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 09:46 PM

rofl
Posted By: 8pointdrop

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 09:48 PM

Originally Posted By: East
rofl
Rattle bug 5.0, the non-rattle kind!!!
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 09:48 PM

Sounds like you needed to clean your pants instead.

BTW, just what kind of rattle snake is that?
Posted By: BuckRage

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 09:56 PM

DOHH
Posted By: Payne

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 10:01 PM

You should look at the snake identification thread in the Open Hunting section.
Posted By: jdk1985

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 10:04 PM

FWIW, I'd have crapped too.
Posted By: h20thief

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 10:46 PM

Young texas rat snake Im pretty sure, not poisonous. Still give you a good spook when your not in the right frame of mind.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 10:49 PM

roflmao
Posted By: DesertHunting

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 10:59 PM

Don't let these guys get at you. Most of them believe werefeet exist...and have seen them.

Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: HoughTown

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/15/13 10:59 PM

Ha! I probably would have jumped back about 20 feet. My buddy found 3 babies, just like that one, in his house this previous weekend. I think he had about the same reaction you did.
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 12:11 AM

LOL and this is why I am on here
Posted By: RCM

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 01:48 AM

I thought rat snake too. But the damn thing rattled. Can you post video on here? If so them you can see it rattle. Do rat snakes tales rattle? All snakes are bad snakes to me. But I was going to pick him up and relocate him until I saw that tale rattle right before he would strike
Posted By: Quackwacker

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 01:54 AM

It's a defense mechanism. All snakes can mimick a rattle snake. I have a kingsnake that rattles her tale when I walk in the room.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 01:59 AM

up
Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 02:15 AM

Greatness
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 02:18 AM

Man-o-man, I'd hate that!
Posted By: East

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: RCM
I thought rat snake too. But the damn thing rattled. Can you post video on here? If so them you can see it rattle. Do rat snakes tales rattle? All snakes are bad snakes to me. But I was going to pick him up and relocate him until I saw that tale rattle right before he would strike

Yes sir, they will rattle their tale so fast against there bodies it almost sounds like one
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: RCM

Hell I have heard it all now. Rat snakes are rattling. Jp if they did that I wasn't aware but I learn new stuff all the time.
Posted By: Kowmonger

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 03:53 AM

I had one of those waiting outside of my backdoor at night a few years ago. The little monster didn't even let my foot touch the ground before biting. Released him a good distance away from the house afterwards for my mothers sake and the snakes
Posted By: 8Point

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 03:55 AM

happy3
Posted By: mike1285

Re: Rattle bug under my door mat that I had just picked up to clean - 10/16/13 01:05 PM

The only good snake is a ...
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum