Texas Hunting Forum

I had to go with a diesel ........

Posted By: daniel25s

I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 12:21 PM

My new 2013 Ford F-250
Posted By: jluke

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 12:23 PM

that is way better than my ecoboost. congrats.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 12:25 PM

yea I traded my Eco boost in just had to have the diesel
Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 12:29 PM

Nice truck.....do you have to add exhaust fluid to the new fords?

Since your a former Eco Boost owner; I drove my buddies and was not impressed with the motor and it seemed like the body was built like a beer can to reduce weight....would you agree?
Posted By: m.sherman

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 12:40 PM

purty

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 12:44 PM

thanks guys
and yes I was not impressed with the eco boost
the main thing I did not like with the throttle response there was a huge delay once you stepped on the gas pedal before it would get going and the turbos would kick in and the gas mileage was not as promised at all when I traded it in I was getting 14.9 MPG and that's all highway
Posted By: redchevy

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 01:43 PM

That's just funny, any turbo engine will have a little lag. your new diesel will also. If you drive it like you stole it it will get about 15 mpg as well and the fuel costs more. Congrats on a poor decision and a beautiful truck.
Posted By: fbchunter

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 01:45 PM

Beautiful truck, congrats! Do you know what gears it has?
Posted By: 909ag2006

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 01:49 PM

Very nice!

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 01:52 PM

thanks guys
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 01:55 PM

Nice truck and congratulations. Pay no mind to the negative comments. Consider the source and rise above.
Have a great day.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 02:02 PM

grin
Posted By: TxAg

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 02:31 PM

Nice truck.

What kind of loads are you pulling that the EcoBoost couldn't handle it? I've heard mixed reviews.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 02:33 PM

Nice truck
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: redchevy
That's just funny, any turbo engine will have a little lag. your new diesel will also. If you drive it like you stole it it will get about 15 mpg as well and the fuel costs more. Congrats on a poor decision and a beautiful truck.

Actually the 6.7 doesn't have that much when compared to the 6.0 or 6.4

Mpg
hwy 60-69=20-22
Hwy 70-74'ish= 17-18
Hwy 75-85= 16-15

Town mpg 15-17... just depends on foot

Urea 1 gallon per about 1k

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 02:50 PM

I pull my jeep a lot and my eco boost would get about 9 mpg
Posted By: HuntnFly67

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 02:54 PM

Congrats on a poor decision and a beautiful truck.

At first I was like, who peed in your coffee? Then I saw the poster and said that figures. grin

Nice truck.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 02:58 PM

We all got our own opinons.

Again it is a beautiful truck.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:02 PM

no worries redchevy
thanks for the kind words

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:10 PM

up
Posted By: Csddarden

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:16 PM

I get a whoppin 7mpg with my ecoboost towing my camper...
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:26 PM

Very nice truck. I will say tho that I myself have an ecoboost and love it. It does have a short lag when you punch it but that is no reason for me to sell my truck. Hell it makes up for it when your hauling a$$. I got 20 on the hwy driving 70 and about 16 around town. I have towed alot with it but nothing to heavy until last week and I pulled an 8,000lbs tractor. I will have to say that I was very impressed. I really do like your new truck.
Posted By: JD4030

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:29 PM

Nice rig. I would be curious to know what these are going for.
Posted By: Greg

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:30 PM

That sir is a nice truck...Congrats! I test drove the Eco and thought the same thing... Very jumpy. It was quick, but not smooth at all and...well... Jumpy. Went with the V8 on my f150
Posted By: skeet...Skeeter

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:40 PM

Yup that is a nice truck.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: JD4030
Nice rig. I would be curious to know what these are going for.

This too^^
Posted By: bunker1965

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:41 PM

Yeah I guess its a good looking truck. I kid I kid. I drive the same thing and let me tell you, you will LOVE it.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:55 PM

preciate ya
Posted By: Csddarden

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:55 PM

Yall check out the Eco-Boost thread under hunting vehicles... I'm having problems... again!

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:56 PM

walk out price was around $54K

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 03:59 PM

not counting warranty and aftermarket parts

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:04 PM

Daniel,
Originally Posted By: fbchunter
Beautiful truck, congrats! Do you know what gears it has?

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:05 PM

I think it has 3.55 but im not sure
Posted By: cephus

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:06 PM

$$$$$ is burning a hole... hammer

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:11 PM

Cephus
ill most likely only live to 30 so im spending while I can
haha

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel25s
I think it has 3.55 but im not sure

Thats what I was thinking, good choice i think for mileage.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:27 PM

Originally Posted By: daniel25s
Cephus
ill most likely only live to 30 so im spending while I can
haha

Whoa.. wtf, you just joking or serious?

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:32 PM

im just joking Cephus and I went to school together and knows me very well
I guess you have to know me to get it
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:35 PM

No comparing gas vs. diesel when it comes to pulling. You will enjoy it. My f250 6.7 pulls mt 30' 5th wheel and you never have to fight it. I would always struggle with any load with my old gassers. Once you go diesel you never go back. If you use it for what it was designed to do.
Posted By: T Bone

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 04:39 PM

Don't know if it has LoJack or not, but the cartels seem to really like these right now too.. bang

Nice ride!
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 05:17 PM

Nice ride.
Posted By: SniperRAB

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 05:49 PM

Nice Ride Amigo! You will never go back

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 06:16 PM

thanks
Posted By: Cast

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 06:51 PM

I'm 3000 miles into my new-to-me 2011 6.7 and I love it! Giving me 17.3 mpg to work and back. It started dripping oil, plastic drain plug. Got another from Ford for 8 bucks, then last night ordered a Fumoto plug for it with the safety clamp to keep it closed while working my brush guard. We'll try that maybe, wonder if it affects warranty?
Posted By: NewJeep

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Cast
I'm 3000 miles into my new-to-me 2011 6.7 and I love it! Giving me 17.3 mpg to work and back. It started dripping oil, plastic drain plug. Got another from Ford for 8 bucks, then last night ordered a Fumoto plug for it with the safety clamp to keep it closed while working my brush guard. We'll try that maybe, wonder if it affects warranty?

What size did you have to order?
Posted By: BJ Lowery

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 08:23 PM

Nice Truck

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: T Bone
Don't know if it has LoJack or not, but the cartels seem to really like these right now too.. bang

Nice ride!

T Bone, was concerned about that and was talking to Matt's about putting a Kill switch or Jimmy Plates in door...It was explained to me that one Key has a smart chip in it and without the key in the Ignition you cannot start the vehicle, I hope that's correct if so it's a little piece of mind. I'm sure they can still break in.
Posted By: Superduty

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 08:52 PM

Good decision.

I have 63,000 on mine.

You will love it.

Shane
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 11:35 PM

I bet if it was a red 2500HD he wouldn't be saying that!
But think about it..... he has a diesel now........ not some econo beer can truck
Posted By: MavrikZ

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/18/13 11:52 PM

I just picked up an 09 6.4 1ton 4x4. I LOVE IT!!! You will like that 6.7. It is very 'smooth'. Good move with the FORD.
Posted By: leswad

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 12:15 AM

Enjoy the way the EPA screwed us with the DEF!
Posted By: cibolo

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Jalapeņo Wussy
Originally Posted By: T Bone

Nice ride!

T Bone, was concerned about that and was talking to Matt's about putting a Kill switch or Jimmy Plates in door...It was explained to me that one Key has a smart chip in it and without the key in the Ignition you cannot start the vehicle, I hope that's correct if so it's a little piece of mind. I'm sure they can still break in.

These can be stolen. There was a 2012 stolen about a year ago at Barton Creek Mall and was involved in a civilian fatality during the pursuit. Now I don't know if the thief got there code with one of those readers or not but it was definitely a 2012 super duty and is sitting over at one of my customers wrecker yards in Austin. I did not look at the column though while I was there.

Nice truck, I put my 6.0 in the shop for the last time 2 weeks ago and walked out with a new F250 CC 6.7 4x4. I have rigged out a few of them and driven a couple from Tennessee back to Texas and one from Pennsylvania and it got my gears to turning. It is the best pulling truck I have ever owned hands down. I had 12k behind it the other day and pulled better than my long bed dodge stability wise and fuel mileage wise as well,and this is a short bed.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: leswad

The DEF does suck but I think it is less problematic than the EGR and DPF set ups that ran so damn hot and clogged up all the time. The DEF does have it's problems no doubt but I have had very few complaint from the customers I installed wrecker beds for on the F450 and F550's. One thing I found out at least with the Dodges is that there is a filter in that DEF tank system and it does need replacing every so often, I'm checking on it with my Ford to make sure I have one on hand when it does clog.
Posted By: ammov

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 12:29 AM

Beautiful truck, are you going to keep it stock?

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: NewJeep

I used the search to come up with it. They are a quarter turn twist lock.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 12:51 AM

BTW, TSC has DEF for 12.99/2 1/2 gallon box. Put 2 in your toolbox. When the truck tells you it's half full, add a box to top off.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 01:03 AM

Originally Posted By: cibolo

The DEF does suck but I think it is less problematic than the EGR and DPF set ups that ran so damn hot and clogged up all the time. The DEF does have it's problems no doubt but I have had very few complaint from the customers I installed wrecker beds for on the F450 and F550's. One thing I found out at least with the Dodges is that there is a filter in that DEF tank system and it does need replacing every so often, I'm checking on it with my Ford to make sure I have one on hand when it does clog.

That's good to know and bad to know Cibolo, I was really hoping that Key info was correct..
Posted By: dlrz71

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 01:11 AM

Nice up
Posted By: Deerhunter61

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 01:21 AM

Congrats! I just got rid of my 04 F-250 diesel....I bought it new and loved that truck but it was time to replace it and I simply couldnt justify spending that much on a truck anymore especially with the cost of diesel so high.
Posted By: CRAnderson52

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 01:25 AM

You are going to love it man!! I've got an '11 350 and wouldn't trade it for anything. In fact I love it so much that I'm considering keeping it past my four year mark even though the company pays me to get a new one. Nice color too!
Posted By: SmithR

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 01:27 AM

It must be that time of the year
Here's my new ride

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 01:49 AM

that is the color of my old King Ranch the one I have now is the dark green that looks black almost in certain light. It is in XLT this time around though and just added Katzkin leather seats. It is the first truck I have ever had that had blue tooth built in and that is nice.
Posted By: Branden

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 02:31 AM

There is plenty of ways around all that..But yes they screwed us. I took all mine off the day I got it..If they were to pull me over they would probley sh!t all over them selves.

Nice truck Ive always liked the ford bodies but love the DMax motor

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 02:37 AM

Originally Posted By: NewJeep

I used the search to come up with it. They are a quarter turn twist lock.

Ironically I put a hole in my oil pan, the new ones are metal though. In the oil pans defense it was a pretty big boulder

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 02:38 AM

BTW, TSC has DEF for 12.99/2 1/2 gallon box. Put 2 in your toolbox. When the truck tells you it's half full, add a box to top off.

Buckcees has the cheapest DEF think I paid 1.50 a gallon.

Most of your truck stops now have it at the pump, but its the big truck pumps
Posted By: All In Hunter

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 03:34 AM

Nice truck man just sold mine with 25,000 miles on it, it stay in shop due to leaks from water (radiator) and oil, not knocking it there great when working but funny thing is went to a eco boost and love it but time will tell. Halliburton is also getting rid of all theres due to the epa crap and coast so if you need a good ranch truck keep a look out.
Posted By: Hawgfly

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 03:56 AM

We have the Eco and the 6.7, both are great trucks but my love is the 6.7, mileage is getting better with time but both have their qualities. Wife loves the Eco speed and sportiness of a truck. Very nice, good luck!
Posted By: jdd912

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 04:00 AM

Good looking truck.....but until they bring the 7.3 back I won't even consider buying a Ford. A buddy of my dad bought a brand new one last year and in a 2012 F250 it blew 3 radiators right off the car lot. He took it in for the fourth time in less than 3 months and they put a brand new engine and a fourth radiator in it.
Posted By: MavrikZ

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: jdd912
Good looking truck.....but until they bring the 7.3 back I won't even consider buying a Ford. A buddy of my dad bought a brand new one last year and in a 2012 F250 it blew 3 radiators right off the car lot. He took it in for the fourth time in less than 3 months and they put a brand new engine and a fourth radiator in it.

They will never 'bring the 7.3 back'. That is extremely old technology and it flat out will not hang with the modern diesels in effeciency, power, or EPA standards. The 7.3 garnered fame by simply being more quiet than the 5.9 Cummins, more displacement, and no emissions B.S. Today, it would be laughed at. Besides, Ford no longer has their diesels manufactured by INTERNATIONAL. The 6.7 is an all Ford diesel and they will be from here on out.

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 12:21 PM

good info guys and I think I will keep this one a while
Posted By: All In Hunter

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 02:20 PM

you cant beat the color you have and take all this with a grain of salt you could go 500,000 miles and never have a problem smile
Posted By: tdecker22

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: All In Hunter
you cant beat the color you have and take all this with a grain of salt you could go 500,000 miles and never have a problem smile

goodluck with that..
Posted By: curt o

Re: I had to go with a diesel ........ - 07/19/13 05:52 PM

Congrats. I bought the same truck the last few days of 2012, 6 1/2 months and 22,000 miles and I am way impressed and pleased with mine so far.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum