Texas Hunting Forum

Darn Scorpions!!!

Posted By: Kowmonger

Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 07:04 AM

Scorpions have been ridiculous this year. I have kill on average two to three every night for the last two months or so. I decided to go out and lift a few boards. Every single one had eggs inside. Also found out that the more developed ones can start walking around after you squash the mama. One had nearly 40 inside it!
Posted By: edwardd

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 11:13 AM

Whoever is mailing you "Republican National Committee" letters with dead scorpions on it has got to stop... Don't care what kind of political message they trying to convey for whichever political party, it just aint proper.
Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 11:27 AM

Demon WP will be your friend if you use it.
Posted By: varmintslayer

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 02:34 PM

Those are some nasty looking Dudes! Glad your killing them!
Posted By: passthru

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 02:36 PM

Hate em.
Posted By: DCS

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 02:40 PM

One of those little suckers got me a while back. Felt like a hot needle in my finger!
Posted By: Dragonuv

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 02:45 PM

Lucky for us that relative to most scorpion species, these are wimps.
Posted By: BOONER

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 02:53 PM

Dude my wife would make me move. You need lots of spray and keep your drains covered.
Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 03:55 PM

I don't like Scorpions, kill 'em all.

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: edwardd
Whoever is mailing you "Republican National Committee" letters with dead scorpions on it has got to stop... Don't care what kind of political message they trying to convey for whichever political party, it just aint proper.

Haha, I have actually killed several in the mailbox. Maybe the person delivering the mail was fed up with me
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Erathkid
I don't like Scorpions, kill 'em all.

X2
Posted By: texretvet

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 04:45 PM

Holy Smokes! We have some around here. We see about 2 a week. My wife would make us move if we had that many.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 07:39 PM

Been a big year for them here in Bastrop County, also. Didn't see even one, for a year after the forest fire. Now, I am seeing more than ever before.
Posted By: HoughTown

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 09:13 PM

Holy hell! Not something I want to deal with.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 09:44 PM

I've had good luck with Cynoff WP. May be the same as stxranchman is suggesting. Scorpions are arachnids, members of the spider family and are hard to control. This is a powder that you mix in water and spray around your basebaords doorways, etc. Anywhere you think they might be getting in.

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/09/13 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Marc Kurth
Been a big year for them here in Bastrop County, also. Didn't see even one, for a year after the forest fire. Now, I am seeing more than ever before.

I guess with all the dead wood around they have lots of places to multiply and attack from.

Originally Posted By: jetdad
I've had good luck with Cynoff WP. May be the same as stxranchman is suggesting. Scorpions are arachnids, members of the spider family and are hard to control. This is a powder that you mix in water and spray around your basebaords doorways, etc. Anywhere you think they might be getting in.

I think I will have to try something soon, thought they would eventually stop. I have Permethrin-10 that I may use in higher concentration. If it continues I may make a wall of sevin or burn everything around the house.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/10/13 12:46 AM

I can save you the trouble of using Permethrin and sevin. They won't last. I've been where you are. You need to use something that is long lasting. The Cynoff when mixed with water will return to its powder state after it dries. It remains stable for a long time and as they walk through it, it will kill them. You won't find Cynoff WP or Demon WP at Home Depot or Lowes, you'll need to go to a do it yourself pest control place to purchase it or you can get it online. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.
Posted By: Aceh0le

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/10/13 02:48 AM

Demon wp works wonders. Your local feed store might sell it to you..
Posted By: rockyraider

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/10/13 02:53 AM

Those are some healthy looking bastages. I hate the freaking things. I'd just burn the house down and move, lol.
Posted By: texasdude28

Re: Darn Scorpions!!! - 06/10/13 02:56 AM

you need to rock them like a hurricane.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum