Texas Hunting Forum

relocation program

Posted By: EastTexasHag

relocation program - 03/05/13 06:26 PM

I started with a relocation program with this one today---bout 2 miles up the road.

Posted By: txvarminter

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 06:45 PM

Hope you left it on your property If I was your neighbor two miles up the road I'd be pretty upset if you left that varmint at my place.

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 06:48 PM

I think those folks live out of town and don't hunt.
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: EastTexasHag
I started with a relocation program with this one today---bout 2 miles up the road.

How about 2 feet in the ground ? You are lucky we are not neighbors. Makes no sense to put your problem on to other people.
Posted By: elcasador

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 07:09 PM

dunce No Bueno!
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 07:39 PM

Why didn't you just shoot it? Save you and your neighbor the troubles.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 08:08 PM

Originally Posted By: GUTIT

How about 2 feet in the ground ? You are lucky we are not neighbors. Makes no sense to put your problem on to other people.

Why bother burying it, just leave it where ya shot it!
Posted By: dkite

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 08:19 PM

It will be back sorry but coons run a big territory. You will need to kill it or relocate it several miles away.
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 08:21 PM

Now this is kinda funny, all the years I've had my place I've never shot a coon never seen a reason. Eating my corn was never reason enough, hell the cows eat more than anything else does.

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 08:28 PM

Thanks HWY--MAN!! I also have wood ducks eating my corn. It's illegal to kill them, but I guess there are those who would. No, I can't just move my feeder. It's concreted in the ground. Been told it was illegal to do what I did. There are too many ever changing Texas laws. Eating the corn is not what's pissing me off. They set off my hog trap and crawl out through the wire.
Posted By: GUTIT

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 09:28 PM

Thanks HWY--MAN!! I also have wood ducks eating my corn. It's illegal to kill them, but I guess there are those who would. No, I can't just move my feeder. It's concreted in the ground. Been told it was illegal to do what I did. There are too many ever changing Texas laws. Eating the corn is not what's pissing me off. They set off my hog trap and crawl out through the wire.

Exact damn thing they do to mine. Plus climb all my feeders trying to get to plate. I have cages on all feeders and they still manage to tear a wire off every now and then.
Corn is not the issue. I can admire your intention, may have to finalize the results. As in,,,POW!
Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 09:50 PM

why would you get upset if a coon got let out on the side of the road by your property 2 miles from where it was caught? If there's coons 2 miles down the road, I guarantee there's not an invisible boundary keeping them off of your place
Posted By: MO

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 10:32 PM

two miles aint nothing for a coon, he will be back before dark.

smile

Mo
Posted By: Brandon972

Re: relocation program - 03/05/13 11:07 PM

How cute !!
Posted By: woodwalker

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 12:50 AM

Should have just moved him about 20' onto that pit. Grilled coon ain't bad food
Posted By: Bear Charge

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: woodwalker
Should have just moved him about 20' onto that pit. Grilled coon ain't bad food
Posted By: aeb

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 02:27 AM

My daughter decided she wanted some ducks last March. Coons eventually cleaned her out. Now she is going to raise chickens. Looks like I may need to go back to shooting coons.
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 02:38 AM

so why did you not just kill it?

It ran the two miles back home 30 minutes after you let it go.

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 02:43 AM

idk about the rest of y'all, but I have a hard time killing something just to kill it
Posted By: Ramsey

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 03:03 AM

popcorn
Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: txbowhunt7
idk about the rest of y'all, but I have a hard time killing something just to kill it

ya, it is just you, doesn't phase me at all.

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 03:19 AM

well I'm glad we don't hunt the same property. You'd probably run everything off shooting stuff for the simple reason of "just cuz"

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 04:52 PM

My Dad taught me to eat what you kill. Last and only time I ate coon, I didn't care for it.
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: relocation program - 03/06/13 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: txbowhunt7

You've obviously never had a problem with pests or varmints. Moving a "cute little coon" down the road is just gonna give him a good exercise as he runs back to where he was trapped. At my place coons eat corn, and corn cost money, therefore they will be shot. It's not a "just cuz" situation.
Posted By: wild1tx

Re: relocation program - 03/09/13 12:04 AM

I'd relocate them to coon heaven if I were you !
Posted By: gollygee

Re: relocation program - 03/09/13 01:51 AM

Two whole miles? Aren't we a long ranger?

Your dad teach you to dump your problems on your neighbors?

At least you could have spray painted them orange just for sport.
Posted By: Hogslayer5L

Re: relocation program - 03/09/13 03:39 AM

Dont listen to these guys. We dont always have to kill things to solve problems. Personally, i enjoy coon hunting, and enjoy live trapping em as well... And when I do, I take em to an area where no one will care and I release them. Keep up the good work
Posted By: Savage388

Re: relocation program - 03/09/13 06:39 AM

Good for you. If relocating it will make you happy then go for it. The property 2 miles up the road may not even notice another coon. Heck, he may be trapping them and moving them 2 miles back down the road.
Posted By: Novemberyet

Re: relocation program - 03/09/13 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Savage388
Good for you. If relocating it will make you happy then go for it. The property 2 miles up the road may not even notice another coon. Heck, he may be trapping them and moving them 2 miles back down the road.

That's funny right there.
Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: relocation program - 03/09/13 11:50 AM

Some states have a law prohititing the release of a live raccoon. I think that coon prolly beat you back home anyway.

Re: relocation program - 03/09/13 03:37 PM

Yeah, that may not have been a good idea after all. I had 3 coons coming in. 2 days later----I have 4 coons coming in. I think it brought a friend. I had one trapped yesterday. Was on my way back to the house for a pic with it on the back of the 4 wheeler. Glanced back just in time to see it racing off. All I can figure is I had hit a bump and his nose was just right under the door. I ain't gonna give up.
Posted By: Hunt n Fish

Re: relocation program - 03/09/13 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Savage388

rofl
Posted By: mw_Dallas

Re: relocation program - 03/10/13 12:18 AM

In my opinion shoot only what what will be eaten. I find all creatures worthy of living unless they're going to be eaten or they're costing you money by destroying property or your means of making a living.

Every animal is something's meal, let nature take its course.

Relocating it is a good idea...maybe best do it on public park land.

For each his own, but respecting the land and the creatures on it will make hunting and the outdoors that much better for the next generations.
Posted By: aeb

Re: relocation program - 03/10/13 01:11 AM

"Relocating it is a good idea...maybe best do it on public park land."

Wonder what would happen if I was caught "relocating" a sounder of hogs to the city park? hanged
Posted By: allsup's burrito

Re: relocation program - 03/10/13 09:04 PM

So did you relocate it for no reason? I'm pretty sure i shoot them for the same reason you relocate i just think my way works better . And doesn't use any gas.
Posted By: Pope&Young

Re: relocation program - 03/11/13 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: mw_Dallas
In my opinion shoot only what what will be eaten. I find all creatures worthy of living unless they're going to be eaten or they're costing you money by destroying property or your means of making a living.

Every animal is something's meal, let nature take its course.

Relocating it is a good idea...maybe best do it on public park land.

For each his own, but respecting the land and the creatures on it will make hunting and the outdoors that much better for the next generations.

I totally agree with "Every animal is something's meal; let nature take its course". The Buzzards have gotta eat too. And with a 22 hole behind the ear it makes for a good starting point.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum