Texas Hunting Forum

Jax and the Possum Kingdom

Posted By: B_Rod

Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/05/13 08:08 PM

As posted on Lone Star Chronicles today: This is the tale of a hunter, a deer and an energetic dog. But it’s no ordinary doggie tale. To read the story and see more pictures, click here: LSC: Jax and the Possum Kingdom

Posted By: Rollandshoot

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/05/13 08:43 PM

Funny story. I happen to know Ray sutton and I've seen this crazy dog. Good guy and awesome dog. Good luck with your axis hunting. I got my first buck from my property 12/18
Posted By: bp3

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/05/13 09:33 PM

No hunting allowed on the peninsula.
Posted By: lmd59

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/05/13 09:49 PM

Not sure why this is a good story since most hunters on this forum would shoot a dog that was chasing deer on their property. Sounds like the dog needs some training or a leash.
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/05/13 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: lmd59
Not sure why this is a good story since most hunters on this forum would shoot a dog that was chasing deer on their property.

I'm not sure this is a 'good' story as much as it is an interesting one, with a little irony thrown in, which is why I wrote about it. I agree that Jax could use some training. And while I'm sure there are some ranchers who would shoot a stray dog who chases their deer, I hope most of them wouldn't shoot their neighbor's dog. But then I'm a dog person and not a rancher, so I could be wrong. smile
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/06/13 02:32 AM

Enjoyed the story, there is always some douche that has something stupid to say. Thanks for posting
Posted By: 36 South

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/06/13 04:30 AM

Great story
Posted By: bascom10

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/06/13 06:13 AM

Sic'em!
Posted By: lmd59

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/06/13 05:15 PM

Yeah, huntingbig8 - let that dog come on your property chasing deer while your in the blind hunting that big 8 - and I bet he doesn't last too long.
Posted By: JMalin

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/06/13 05:31 PM

Always wondered how the name possum kingdom came to be. Awesome quote to open the story with.

Can't say I'm thrilled about a dog chasing deer, but at least the meat didn't go to waste.
Posted By: jcarlson91

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/06/13 09:57 PM

Cool pic!
Posted By: huntingbig8

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/07/13 05:49 AM

I'd probably take him home and let him chase more wildlife, just for fun. Great read
Posted By: DocBailey

Re: Jax and the Possum Kingdom - 01/07/13 05:11 PM

up
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum