Texas Hunting Forum

Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area!

Posted By: Justin - Allstate Forney

Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:31 AM

I have only been hunting for a couple of years now and finally got on a lease of my own with some older guys, it was cheap due to the infestation of hogs. They told me all they have shot over the past few years were hogs. No one had hog panels around their feeders, so we decided to try putting some panels up to deter the hogs. I put my camera and feeder out a week ago and this is what came in. Needless to say for a guy that hasn't killed a Buck worthy enough for the wall, IM STOKED!

JL

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:32 AM

Very very nice!!!

Posted By: Nightbird

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:33 AM

Nice deer!

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:33 AM

Nice, that's how things go when folks KNOW what's on a placeup

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:35 AM

Lol... That's what I was thinking. I told them what was on the camera and they didn't believe me. They are a great group of guys though.

Posted By: jskin

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:35 AM

need some company?

Posted By: dlrz71

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:36 AM

Nice deer!!

Posted By: Erathkid

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:36 AM

That is great, hog panels will keep more deer in the area...Don't tell the other fellers what you've got going on.

Posted By: SapperTitan

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:41 AM

Looks like those panels made a world of difference

Posted By: SouthWestIron

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:41 AM

Good deal! Keep working that lease.

Posted By: Pittstate

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:43 AM

Nice find

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:45 AM

That's a great area. Congrats on your find.

Posted By: HoughTown

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:45 AM

Looking good and great idea on the hog panels. Shoot some pigs while you're there too. Double bonus

Posted By: jcarlson91

Lookin good!

Posted By: stxranchman

Them look like some real hogs to me! whistle

Posted By: jcoutdoors

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:46 AM

There are some great deer in that area. I get the opportunity to hunt there a couple of times a year as a guest on 3000 acres. They do have lots of pigs.

Posted By: DQ Kid

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:53 AM

JL, good looking bucks. I too hunt out west of Graham off 209. There are some nice ones that way and the key is keeping the hogs off the feeders. Before panels have had them on feeders for hours every night and once they did that, the deer that were previously there moved on..What direction out of Graham are you?

Posted By: Deersteaks

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:56 AM

The price may sky rocket if you dont keep that under your hat, as stated above.Just enjoy the bennifits of your working knowlage and good luck.

Posted By: Etex

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:59 AM

Dont tell nobody the price might go up. Take your pick

Posted By: Hunter30

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: JL_Forney
Lol... That's what I was thinking. I told them what was on the camera and they didn't believe me. They are a great group of guys though.

You should have keep that info to yourself. They might end up hunting your stand when you are not there.

And remember to breath when you see them the 1st time in person

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:05 AM

I think he was happy just to be given the opportunity to join the lease. Didn't he say that "they" decided to try out hog panels this year. What gives with all the secrecy amongst fellow hunters on the same lease? Recipe for disaster if you start going down that route especially being the "new guy" on the place.

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:07 AM

DQ, we hunt off of 380 near New Castle.

Posted By: Hunter30

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:08 AM

Originally Posted By: DQ Kid
I think he was happy just to be given the opportunity to join the lease. Didn't he say that "they" decided to try out hog panels this year. What gives with all the secrecy amongst fellow hunters on the same lease? Recipe for disaster if you start going down that route especially being the "new guy" on the place.

I think I know JL personally and I was speaking to him. Not you. Nothing wrong with keeping a little info to yourself.

Sounds like you had some bad experiences in the past.

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:10 AM

Ahhh.... No Secrets, the guys helped me put the panels up. We left two feeders open for hogs one at each end of the lease. They will still be fun to shoot, I would just like to get a wall hanger this year. I hope Im on this lease for many years to come and we can grow the buck population.

Hunter30, I definitely have the breathing down. Lol...

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:14 AM

Actually I've had nothing but good experiences with prior leases since everything was "open" hunting and no "private" stands, "personal" stands, etc. Seeing that you know him, I agree that keeping some intel to oneself is not a bad thing.

Posted By: Nathan Nelson

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:16 AM

couple of nice shooters there...

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:18 AM

JL, I think you will find the area around NewCastle has some real good ones. I have met a few persons around there over the past few years and they seem to do more good than not. As you may have heard on here, the area seems to be really good through the rut then a lot of nice bucks still standing seem to go very nocturnal. Good luck and bag a good one. Also, Hole-n-the-Wall makes a great "Hog Burger" in NewCastle and they happen to have a deer contest as well entitleing you to a free burger when entering a buck.

Posted By: vanndchi

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:20 AM

Nice 10! Might require an in depth ground check!

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:25 AM

Looks like some nice HOGS you have there. Hope you can get the bigone.

Posted By: Schpanky

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:47 AM

Hunted west of Graham off 209 for 5 years and then north of Newcastle for another 7. There are some big bucks in the area so keep the hogs off the feeders and you might get a chance at a good one. We had a guy shoot a 176 on the property next door of our place north of Newcastle...really nice 12pt. Looks like you've got a great start. Good luck!

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 11:21 AM

Sounds great guys and DQ, I'll have to try the Hole in-the-wall!

Posted By: kamolaw

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 11:40 AM

Nice bucks, glad you got on a lease with potential, expect to see your pics posted after season with results, bucks and hogs. Good luck bud. Have fun and welcome to the Texas Hunting Club always glad to have new members!

Posted By: NDN98

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 12:11 PM

nice bucks.

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 12:25 PM

Sounds great guys and DQ, I'll have to try the Hole in-the-wall!

Posted By: DuckKiller2010

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 01:56 PM

That's awesome and good luck getting that wall hanger!

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:03 PM

JL, Good luck on the upcoming season and good luck with the Hog Burger:)).

Posted By: BlackSnake

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 02:09 PM

We use to be run over in hogs too. Put the pannels up and now the hogs are next to gone.

Posted By: BillyBilly

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:27 PM

Good luck to ya...awesome deal!

Posted By: boliverpete

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 03:47 PM

definitely should be fun this year!!!

Posted By: ffread

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/14/12 04:37 PM

Those are some really nice hogs!!! I wouldnt share pics with lease members lol

Posted By: TTU22

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/15/12 12:06 AM

cheers

Posted By: Dodge_Rock

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/15/12 12:15 AM

Jackpot!

Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/15/12 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Deersteaks
The price may sky rocket if you dont keep that under your hat, as stated above.Just enjoy the bennifits of your working knowlage and good luck.

Posted By: WLincoln

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/15/12 10:06 PM

my dad and i got a lease in Young County but hant seen much deer

Posted By: Mohawg

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 12:07 AM

We had a lease close to there. It was full of deer.

Posted By: Branden

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 12:56 AM

Make sure the land owner keeps thinking that is all that you are still seeing that way you still get it cheap the next year..Some nice bucks

Posted By: pokerj2

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 01:12 PM

up

Posted By: Mr. Clean

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 01:19 PM

That many big bucks in the same area I would make sure I hunted the rut and rattled! You will get your wall hanger! Good luck!

Posted By: txshntr

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 01:45 PM

Nicely done up

Great group of deer and good luck to you

Posted By: Rockinmyshoe

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 01:55 PM

Finally, its refreshing to see a post of someone getting a good deal on a lease,have fun.

Good Luck on your wallhanger and some porkers. up

Posted By: bu2herndog

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 01:56 PM

Very nice looking deer.

Posted By: Navasot

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 02:05 PM

Nice bucks! a pen will deffinintly help...shoulda kep it to yourself though haha

Posted By: DXB

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/16/12 06:17 PM

Great bucks!!! Best of luck to you!

Posted By: dustyh

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/20/12 06:18 PM

I have two feeders that I can watch out of my blind one has panels and the other doesn't. The one without the panels has very few deer come to it but the one with panels has deer on it all the time. I rarely see hogs even come close to the one with panels.

Posted By: triggerdan

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/20/12 06:40 PM

Welcome to the Graham area. I hunt very close to the same area and we have seen great deer each year.

Posted By: chital_shikari

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/20/12 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Very very nice!!!

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/24/12 04:26 AM

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to getting back down there!!! Head down for dove season and hopefully their still coming in!!!

Posted By: Thunder Hill

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/24/12 08:32 PM

Silence is golden. Good luck.

Posted By: wintertexan

Re: Got on a fairly cheap lease in Graham and they told me there was only hogs in the area! - 08/25/12 12:25 AM

Congrats

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum