Texas Hunting Forum

New Feeder

Posted By: buck-snort

New Feeder - 03/08/12 05:19 PM

Can't wait to pick this up. Finished product will include a ladder & platform. Goal was to cut my trips down to the lease this year. I think this will do the trick. Thanks Alan for the hard work on this.

Posted By: AdvTX

Re: New Feeder - 03/08/12 05:22 PM

That is awesome, I could use one. I've been wanting to add a barrel to all of ours

Posted By: tdbduckhunter

Re: New Feeder - 03/08/12 07:25 PM

How much does it hold?

Re: New Feeder - 03/08/12 08:02 PM

1200 lbs

Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: New Feeder - 03/08/12 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: dwalls
1200 lbs

Holy moly!

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 09:23 PM

finished product. Pretty nice work.

Posted By: NewJeep

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 09:28 PM

Why straight legs?

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 09:28 PM

Looks good just wondering

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 09:37 PM

No real reason on the straight legs. I had someone build this feeder for me and this is the design he came up with. All 4 legs will have feet attached which will be staked down. I also plan on using t-post's if necessary to help secure it.

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 09:44 PM

Oh okay.

Posted By: scattergun

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 09:46 PM

I like except for the coon ladder. Oh, BTW, you need to move it out of the middle of the street.

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 09:48 PM

I would think the coons would have a hard time reaching the spinner. Looking at the pics it looks like the spinner will be 1.5'to 2' away from the legs and ladder.

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 09:57 PM

good point on the spinner. I usually reinforce my cages so the coons can't even get their paws in the cage. I will have to use that approach on this one. below is a pic of a spinner I caged off last year which worked pretty well.

Posted By: 1FowlHntR

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 10:58 PM

MAN, you are all set up now!!!

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 11:17 PM

yeah, my goal this year was to cut my trips in half. Took me two years to get two decent size feeders but I think I can manage to cut my trips in half now.

Posted By: txcntryboy

Re: New Feeder - 03/19/12 11:34 PM

Thanks for the post brother!! I was kinda curious what I missed when I saw this post with your name on it. Honestly appreciate it!

Guys, The reason for the straight legs was 1)Coons 2)Ease of setup and 3)Cause thats what I thought up lol. One man can get this thing up by himself if he eats his wheaties.

Its really stout. We had it up in the wind yesterday and climbed all over it and never even had the slightest pucker factor. Staked down this thing is gonna be a tank.

P.S. - The platform is really comfy. I sat up there for about 10 minutes enjoyin a beer leaning up against the side of the hopper and thinking about how nice it would be to arrow a pig from the feeder itself.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: New Feeder - 03/20/12 12:19 AM

Good looking feeder. I would put some pads under the feet or it will sink into the ground if or when it rains and fall over if you are not planning on it. The coons are gonna thank you for the ladder to get up on the feeder. They will use it to jump across to the slinger or cage you supply.

Posted By: txcntryboy

Re: New Feeder - 03/20/12 01:02 AM

Feet are on it right now, Its sittin out in the yard being tested by the wind.

Dont worry buddy, If lightening hits it I have another one with your name on it lol.

Re: New Feeder - 03/30/12 08:47 PM

I can finally cut my trips in half to the lease this year....

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum