Texas Hunting Forum

Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... UPDATE

Posted By: ZenArchery

Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... UPDATE - 01/17/12 07:59 PM

Found these bad boys at Cabelas this past weekend. This is a game changer. The bullet hitting the targets was actually louder then the bullet being ignited.

Click here for video riflehttp://youtu.be/P3kkl-k_trE

Click here for second video rifleriflehttp://youtu.be/oTFX8fFRDSo

Posted By: JakeinTX

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:24 PM

Wow, curious to see how it goes.

Posted By: jcarlson91

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:30 PM

I'll be buying those.. I have the same stock on my .22

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:33 PM

Yes. I run the 22 shorts for quiet rodent control!

Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:35 PM

That is what my .300 Blackout sounds like suppressed!!!!

Posted By: ctownboy

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:40 PM

It looks like you lose about 300 fps more compared to normal sub sonic. Is that correct?

Posted By: Chief Joe

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:43 PM

Impressive noise level.

Posted By: winner

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:47 PM

will those be as quiet out of my buckmark pistol?

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:50 PM

710 fps correct
supersonic is 1125 fps
so yea way, way below sound barrier....

im heading to cabelas to buy a bolt action. heard these guys perform a lot better with bolt action

im one happy asian

Posted By: ChadTRG42

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:56 PM

During load development with the 300 BLK Out, I was shooting my subsonic loads suppressed with no ear muffs on. You could tell by the crack when the bullets were faster than 1100 to 1120 fps. Once you got below 1100 fps, no more crack and all was quiet.

Posted By: bigtex46

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 08:59 PM

What do you plan in doing with them? We used to step off 50 yards and have wars with them. Of course we wore sun glasses so we were perfectly safe!

Posted By: 30ft jon boat

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 09:07 PM

i have shot pigs in a trap with copper coated 22 shorts in a rifle and they are silent... in the eye or ear and the pig dies fast ..the cb's are a coons nightmare

Posted By: beaucfus

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 09:10 PM

how far out are you good to?

Posted By: JWP58

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 09:18 PM

I would stick to regular sub sonics (match). Better accuracy, and more FPS (just a bit more noise).

Posted By: redchevy

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 09:38 PM

Well it all depends on where you are shoting them and what you are trying to do.

regular old subsonic 22's arent much quieter than a regular 22. Saying you shoot 22 shorts dont say much as there are many different kinds, some are not reduced noise at all some are.

Regular 22 shorts are loud.

I shoot either 22 cb caps, pretty quiet in either short or long.

Also cabelas has some called augila super colibres. They look like a 22 long with a smller bullet, are litteraly quieter than a BB gun. Acording to the box they have no powder in them, and are recomended for use in pistols; however I have shot them through many rifles and they worked just fine. I shot a huge opossum with them last night and they knocked him straight out of the tree. They are low power, but enough for close range coons and such, they get my bet.

matt

Posted By: Brandon972

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 10:42 PM

They are quiet that for sure !!

Posted By: TRIJI....WHAT

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/17/12 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
During load development with the 300 BLK Out, I was shooting my subsonic loads suppressed with no ear muffs on. You could tell by the crack when the bullets were faster than 1100 to 1120 fps. Once you got below 1100 fps, no more crack and all was quiet.

All I hear honestly shooting the Remington 220 Sub is the spring with the buffer going back to cycle and that is about it. The 300 blackout is an awesome little rifle.

Posted By: tannerlst

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 12:26 AM

do they cycle thru your 10-22? thats what was posted in the pic right? i didn't think subsonics would cycle well through the 10-22

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: bigtex46
What do you plan in doing with them? We used to step off 50 yards and have wars with them. Of course we wore sun glasses so we were perfectly safe!

do what?! seriously....

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: tannerlst
do they cycle thru your 10-22?

they don't cycle at all. but i expected that. actually cycling the next round was louder then the round going off... watch and hear...

Posted By: TX Bonecollector

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 01:50 AM

thats amazing

Posted By: redriverpigger

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 02:31 AM

I've shot them before. If you watch really close, you can follow the bullet all the way to the target.

Posted By: kmon11

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 11:09 AM

Those are a little quiter than shorts and less power but more than a lot of pellet rifles. At least with them the will exit the barrel of a rifle where the nopowder ones might or might not. Been shooting those for years and they are a pleasure.

Out of a rifle barrel they are quite but out of a pistol barrel they are still loud enough I do not want to shoot without hearing protection.

Posted By: bigtex46

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 12:20 PM

Originally Posted By: ZenArchery

do what?! seriously....

Lol yes very serious

Posted By: h20thief

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 02:02 PM

Zen, I shoot them out of a pump 22 and they are great. I wish I had a bolt but the pump will do. Great for the kids to take squirrels from the feeder during my deer hunting. One or 2 quail may have fallen to the CB Long as well. I bought a box of CB match at Academy and they are about the same quality. I'm ready to sell my Gamo Varmiter now that the CB match rounds are plentiful.

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ZenArchery

do what?! seriously....

Lol yes very serious

well that gave me a video idea... wanna volunteer hahahaha...

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By: redriverpigger
I've shot them before. If you watch really close, you can follow the bullet all the way to the target.

guess i gotta break out the slowmo video camera now...

Posted By: lglidewell

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 03:09 PM

The Remington subsonics I've used with a supressed 10/22 cycle no problem. However, I've never heard any .22's that quiet without a suppressor!

Posted By: billybob

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/18/12 06:04 PM

Thanks for the tip Zen...I went out and bought some after reading this. They truly are much more quiet than the .177 rapter pellets I've been shooting in the back yard. I just have to watch where I'm shooting because I'm sure the distance is still right up there with the LR.

Posted By: Talisman

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/25/12 01:27 AM

yeah they are very quite,,, JUST NO KNOCK DOWN POWER LOL

Posted By: Buffalo1911

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/25/12 05:10 AM

You know CB stands for CAT BULLET!

Posted By: West Fork Armory

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/25/12 07:48 PM

Wow, that was stupid. Those will kill you. No doubt! Before I had a suppressor I used to drop lots of small game animals with the CB longs. Just because something is quiet and less powerful doesn't make it safe. If you got hit in the neck with one, it would be game over.

Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/25/12 09:43 PM

I've been pushing these bullets for about a year now. And NO I've havent found a semi they will cycle through but it's also why I bought a savage Mk ll that's threaded and fluted just for them ad my standard cci subsonics witha supressor. They are waaaay more powerful than my .177 pellet and I'll post pics to prove it. The accuracy is piss poor and they are dirty as all get out but I love them all the same.

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/25/12 09:57 PM

Pellet rifle at 1100 fps .177 caliber, I was doing a tracking test on my scope

Here are the pics from the CB longs

Both gun were shot at 28 yards and all of the CB rounds went through 1/2" plywood and embedded into my bow target, arrrrrrg

Posted By: Texas Heat

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/26/12 07:52 PM

Nice

Posted By: 6.8HogHunter

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/26/12 10:32 PM

Will these cycle thru a Marlin Model 60?

Posted By: EatDirt

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/27/12 01:25 AM

LOL Agreed. I have a 300 whisper with AAC 7.62 suppressor. The loudest part of it is the buffer spring. Recently we threaded a Rem 700 308 cal bolt rifle and put the suppressor on it. We loaded some subsonic ammo. I let one of my DPS buddies shoot it one night while on patrol. He said it missfired. I told him that it didn't When he locked the bolt back it was just the brass. Honestly that thing is louder when you dry fire it because the firing pin has nothing to hit so it makes that matalic ringing sound. It is a fun toy, especially for hog hunting.

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/27/12 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: 6.8HogHunter
Will these cycle thru a Marlin Model 60?

Negative, I shot them I'm a model 60 and a Winchester 190 as well as a buddies 10/22 and they wouldnt cycle

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/27/12 05:38 AM

19 Decibles People. That's it...
Watch for yourself http://youtu.be/d8a39oePt6c

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/28/12 01:06 AM

There is no way it's only 19 db. I've used that app before. It has to be calibrated. That's why in your video it keeps showing negative numbers. just normal outside noise is louder than 19 db. I bet those rounds are closer to 80 to 90 db, I mean a snap of the fingers is several times higher than 19 db.

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/30/12 03:01 PM

will redo...

Re: Was about to buy a suppressor until I found... - 01/30/12 05:35 PM

That app takes a little messing with but once it's set it seems to work, but then again it's still just a Iphone app so I wouldn't expect too much out of it.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum