Texas Hunting Forum

seeing any nice bucks north of comanche

Posted By: big l

seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/10/11 03:36 PM

any of you guys hunting between comanche and i-20 seeing any nice bucks---i'm hunting west off 16 near the hospital--just curious, we've been seeing a few nice bucks

Posted By: jono3bb

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/10/11 04:47 PM

wow, we are pretty close. i'm off downing road. you are a little south of me. We jumped a monster the other day around noon time. I had alot of shooters before season, but they apparently got the memo that it was deer season. cant make it back this weekend but i will be there first thing friday next week. Have you seen any chasing going on

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/10/11 06:14 PM

i seen 2 nice bucks, 1 friday before the opener and 1 eating from my feeder across from where i was setting saturday morning, (of course where i decided not to set) but no chasing going on as of last sunday morning, i can't go this weekend either, but my hunting buddys are suppose to call me if they start chasing while their out there, if their chasing i might have to find away out there.

Posted By: old03

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/10/11 10:56 PM

I'm just south of commache and have'nt seen any chasing yet.

Posted By: Procowboy

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/12/11 11:22 PM

I hunt just east of Downing along Lake Proctor. Saw one 4 pt this morning, and didn't leave till around 1pm. NOTHING! Too much wind. My tree stand was a rockin'!! Haven't seen anything that resembles a rut just yet. I rattled and use my grunt call this morning and never saw anything. Anyone have any better luck?

Posted By: Clint1128

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/13/11 03:07 AM

We used to have a deer lease on proctor lake right there on Duncan creek . Deer lease backed up to the lake and protected land and took 3 great 160 to 170 class deer .. Loved that lease ... But we had some great deer there ..

Posted By: Isom's_Duck_Dawgs

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/13/11 03:27 AM

The pic of the 11-11-11 buck was killed north west of Comanche

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/14/11 02:47 PM

can't see the picture of the 11-11-11 buck

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/15/11 08:41 PM

Big I, anything happen this weekend worth going out in comanche?

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/15/11 10:18 PM

i didn't go, but the report from 4 guys at the lease last weekend was discouraging, seen 8 doe total, 1 small 4 pt. and nothing chasing nothing---i'm going this weekend and i'll report back, let me know what ya'll see if you go.

good hunting

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/29/11 06:27 PM

the other guys on our place went this past weekend. They shot a doe but it was during the day, saw them in a field, got close enough for a shot. other than that, nothing at all. 4 guys saw one deer the entire weekend while sitting in the stand. not good. Any luck? I've yet to see something with significant evidence that i was there during the rut. Late start or I just plain wasn't there during the time

Posted By: BOONER

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/29/11 06:37 PM

I hunt south comanche cnty and they have been full rut for the last week.

Posted By: matt1794

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/29/11 09:05 PM

i was in callahan cty this past weekend. saw nothing but a few does. no signs of rut, at our place anyways.

Posted By: Smiling Mallard

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/29/11 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BOONERDREAMING
I hunt south comanche cnty and they have been full rut for the last week.

What he said...

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/30/11 09:05 PM

yeah, where im at, we are northern comanche county. who knows, maybe this weekend

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/30/11 09:16 PM

sorry i haven't been back on to reply, went to lease early friday morning and stayed till sunday morniing, wind a howling
seen 1 small 8 pt and 3 doe all weekend, heard 1 of our hunters mention he saw a small 6 chasing a doe across an open pasture, but it must not of been much there was little more said about it,
what d you ya'll think???the rut still to happen are did i miss it as usual (work is sure gettin in the way of my huntin)!!!!

Posted By: Hog Creek Outfitters

Re: seeing any nice bucks north of comanche - 11/30/11 10:10 PM

I've been in the woods a lot in north comanche county and I don't think the ruts in full swing yet. Saw 23 doe the other day and no bucks chasing.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum