Texas Hunting Forum

Preppy Hunting Department manager

Posted By: DLFant

Preppy Hunting Department manager - 08/08/14 09:59 AM

So I took the Family to Yellowstone last week. Saw lots of wildlife and beautiful scenery. If you have not been there I would recommend it. On the second day we saw a grey Wolf he was alone in the middle of a big high mountain meadow about 10 in the morn. Then the thought occurred to me I should have brought my FOX PRO and we could probably see a lot more stuff then we are seeing. Don’t know if it would be against the law or not but it was a good thought. The last day we were staying in Jackson hole. My wife and daughter wanted to go to the rubber hatchet stores and buy souvenirs. So I let them out and thought I will find a gun or sporting goods store. I am thinking I bet up here they probably got hunting stuff we haven’t herd of back home. If you haven’t been there it is a pretty small town and pretty touristy. Apparently more so than I realized. I got directions to one of the main sporting good stores and went in and was looking around. So in a while I ask the somewhat effeminate looking manager in the hunting “Does anyone ever call in Yellowstone just to see what might come? He got that deer in the Headlight look and said. “ Huh” I said you know varmint call? Same look. I said Predator call? He honestly said I don’t I have never heard of anything like that, Do people do that? I left there thinking He needs to be reassigned to women’s cosmetics. Should’nt there be some criteria to working in a hunting store? LOL
Posted By: Sam in the Hills

Re: Preppy Hunting Department manager - 08/08/14 05:38 PM

HAHAHA! You would think there would be! I used tow ork in a hunting store and people wouldn't ask me questions because I have a ponytail and long eye lashes....well, in hid sight it might have been more about the equipment in my jeans not being the right kind....it used to make me just want to prove myself all the more. This story made my day!
Posted By: RedHoss

Re: Preppy Hunting Department manager - 08/09/14 10:19 PM

We went into a Lowes hardware store once and went to the lumber section and stood right beside a huge pile of 8 foot 2X4 studs. The young man that worked in that department asked us what we wanted. We told him we wanted a number of 8 foot 2X4 studs and he looked at us with a puzzled look on his face asked, "What is that"? He did not have a clue what we were talking about but that is what he did for a living. Is there a problem there?
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Preppy Hunting Department manager - 08/09/14 10:47 PM

DONT FEED THE BEARS
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum