Texas Hunting Forum

Repeat story - but it's still funny.

Posted By: John Humbert

Repeat story - but it's still funny. - 07/30/14 03:43 PM

I was reminded of this true story the other night, and I'd thought I'd share it again. All completely 100% true.

Shortly after my divorce, I went to the indoor pistol range for some practice. I got one of those black siloquette targets like usual. Feeling kinda bored, I thought I would mark up the target a bit with a black marker I carry in my bag.

I drew some stringly long hair on it, and adding some cartoon-like balloon comments like "I want a divorce", "I'm going to take all your money", and "My lawyer will destroy you". Clipped the target to the pulley and sent it downrange at 10 yards.

Loaded up a clip and tool delight in sending some lead towards it. When I went to put another clip in, I got a tap on my shoulder. It was the range officer. He said, "I'm sorry sir, but I will have to ask you to take that target down".

I looked around and saw there were a couple of women shooters. Thinking that there must have been some complaints, I said "Sure, I'm sorry - didn't mean to offend anyone".

To which he replied, "No sir, no offense - it's just that we noticed a lot of cross-lane shooting going on". When I pulled the target down, there was about 25-30 holes in it - and I had only fired one 15-round clip.

As I said, true story. smile
Posted By: HuntingTexas

Re: Repeat story - but it's still funny. - 07/30/14 05:15 PM

rofl That's awesome !!
Posted By: KG68

Re: Repeat story - but it's still funny. - 07/30/14 05:29 PM

Love it. laugh
Posted By: RedHoss

Re: Repeat story - but it's still funny. - 07/31/14 05:22 AM

Great story! I have an ex and if I had been there, the target might have had even more holes in it because I can understand the feeling they all had. Can't do it for real but it would be fun pretending.
Posted By: Nakraik

Re: Repeat story - but it's still funny. - 07/31/14 03:53 PM

grin
Posted By: bradyf

Re: Repeat story - but it's still funny. - 07/31/14 07:09 PM

love it!!
Posted By: aeb

Re: Repeat story - but it's still funny. - 08/04/14 02:37 AM

roflmao
Posted By: Jon B

Re: Repeat story - but it's still funny. - 08/13/14 07:57 AM

funny!