Texas Hunting Forum

High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena?

Posted By: dapenko

High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/14/10 09:06 PM

How is the show in Pasadena? I'm thinking of getting a table for the one in Feb. but have never been. How many tables do they usually have and how's the crowd. Thanks.

Posted By: landin18

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/14/10 09:15 PM

save your money, that show is horrible 30% of it is actually guns (overpriced) the rest are knick-knacks. it has gone down considerably in the last year.

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/14/10 09:16 PM

Wow...ok, thanks for the heads-up! Is the Houston one any better?

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/14/10 09:19 PM

goerge r brown gun show is definatly better.

Posted By: cbolton

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/14/10 09:25 PM

Not to mention there is a good chance you'll end up on here with a post for "Guns Stolen at Pasadena Gun Show"!!

landin18 hit the nail on the head. That town has gone to crap.

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/14/10 09:29 PM

HAHA, that's why I asked cause ya never know if you aren't familiar with the area. ;-)

Posted By: TL

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/14/10 09:58 PM

Originally Posted By: landin18
save your money, that show is horrible 30% of it is actually guns (overpriced) the rest are knick-knacks. it has gone down considerably in the last year.

up what he said. I am used to be down there every year.It's not getting any better.

Posted By: fastliberator

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/15/10 03:16 PM

heck I thought it has been getting better lately.

Posted By: huntandfish

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/15/10 04:30 PM

Went to the one at GRB last weekend. It was overrun with ar's/ak's and semi auto pistols. Place was crazy packed. Not many bolt action rifle, which is what I was looking for. One table had like a two hour wait to do a background check. Seems like ar's and semi auto pistols we're going like fire!! I think every rifle in the place I could of got at my local gunshop for the same price or very near it. Don't think I'm going back anytime soon!!

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/15/10 04:40 PM

I may actually do the GRB one in Feb. and see how it goes. My stuff is usually one of a kind at the show anyways.

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/15/10 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: dapenko
I may actually do the GRB one in Feb. and see how it goes. My stuff is usually one of a kind at the show anyways.

well dont leave us wondering bud. Im thinking Unicorns.

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/15/10 05:46 PM

Nah, just the stuff I have posted here but not the typical stuff that shows up at the shows..like the Breda M1 Garand or Browning Medalist unfired or British proofed S&W Webley .455 or FN-49's...or Colt 1903 & 1908's in great shape..

Posted By: bermise

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/15/10 11:23 PM

All the high caliber gun shows have gone to crap. You can get a better deal at Academy on your basic name brand firearm. I remember 10+ years ago when you could actually get a deal at the gun show if you had the cash. Now it is a bunch of companies selling overpriced guns and ammo. If around the Houston area check out Tomball Pawn in Tomball TX. It is a great gun store for new and used weapons. Good self defense ammo too, they are the only place that I have seen Hornady Critical defense ammo in 9mm.

Posted By: huntandfish

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/16/10 02:43 PM

A couple booths one would think they we're selling stuff for 50% off as crazy as the lines we're!! I walked around for four hours with some $$ burning a hole in my pocket, but came home empty handed. I did'nt want a ar, ak or another pistol. I was looking for A big bore rifle, but bolt action rifles we're pretty think.

Posted By: Texas Proud

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/17/10 04:22 AM

The one and only Pasadena gun show I went to was over-crowded and the deals weren't good at all. This was around the time O got into office also. Been to the GRB a few times since and the pricing has come down some and the crowds aren't quite as bad, but it is MUCH larger. When the cost comes down the demand goes back up. I don't think ALL of the dealers have came down quite yet though. I think some are still proud of what they have and some folks don't check around on pricing at the local stores. They got the mental that a gun show WILL have the best price syndrome.

Posted By: Tres

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/17/10 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: cbolton
That town has gone to crap.

I disagree, it's always been crap. grin

Found a few good deals at the Houston show a few years back, but not many.

Posted By: DCS

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/17/10 02:29 PM

The last time I was at the Pasadena gun show, I bought primers, after I handed the guy the money, he turned around to his partner and said something to the effect, "I'll be laughing all the way to the bank."

The gun shows used to be a place to get bargains at, now it seems everyone is over priced and forget about wheeling and dealing anymore. Defiantly a sellers market.

Buy the time I drive to Houston or Pasadena, hassle with parking, stand in lines shoulder to shoulder with people to try and buy some over priced gun, it's just not worth it.

From now on, I'll just be going to my local gun shops, Academy, etc.

Posted By: 30378

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/17/10 05:25 PM

Pasadena shows are pretty slow. Wait till next week when the big Reliant show comes to town.

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/17/10 05:51 PM

We did the gun show thing for about a year solid, and I hate gun shows.... we can sell for less in the store and make more money, it's alot like auctions, people think they are getting a good deal...

Posted By: fastliberator

Re: High Caliber Gun Show in Pasadena? - 01/18/10 04:00 PM

It really sucked this weekend. Crow, stand by to be eaten...

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum