Texas Hunting Forum

public land deer pics.....warden involvement

Posted By: Braleyoutdoors

public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 07:46 PM

What ever became popcorn of this......the topic is locked down now!

Posted By: smokingquack

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 08:18 PM

Poor Fred... All proud of his public land deer. Nothing like shooting an illegal buck and then posting it up on the internet for the world to see.

Hunting license $56
Blaze orange beenie $15
Shells $21
Gas to get to public land $37

Shooting an illegal deer, posting it on the internet, and then getting busted by the local game warden...PRICELESS.

Posted By: txhunter24

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 08:23 PM

Thats why you read the book and follow the laws. just sayin...Fred learned a very expensive lesson. I mean the hunting manual is FREE.

Posted By: BenBob

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 08:24 PM

Enlighten us as to what law it is that he broke.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 08:26 PM

Antler Restrictions.

Posted By: mikeylikey

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 09:10 PM

I didnt think that buck was 14in. like he said!

Posted By: txhunter24

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 09:22 PM

dfinitely was not 13".

Posted By: wildtxn09

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 09:31 PM

where is this post? Is it still on here?
if so can someone post the link. I would like to see this.

Posted By: Lazy L

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 09:41 PM

Yea he said 14" but there is no way that deer made it! Then put it on a public forum... Oops

Posted By: cable

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 09:44 PM

hammer

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 09:48 PM

Nevermind guys i found it! WOW!!!! That gave me the chills when i saw the game warden comment and my name isnt even fred.

Posted By: rifleman

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 09:49 PM

dang, I guess I missed that one.

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:01 PM

Me too : (

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Me too : (

Page 7 in the photos

Posted By: MELackey

c'mon, post the link to the thread for us... (I tried to search, but haven't found it yet...)

Posted By: bigmike_ml21

Originally Posted By: wildtxn09
Nevermind guys i found it! WOW!!!! That gave me the chills when i saw the game warden comment and my name isnt even fred.

Yeah, just found it too.......sux to be him right now whip

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:11 PM

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...uck#Post1079081

found it...

Wow, I knew what was going to happen, and I still nearly crapped myself when I read the warden's post...

Posted By: txbobcat

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:15 PM

That is funny right there....funny that now the pics of the buck are gone!!!

Posted By: BowHuntinTX

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:21 PM

yup... he messed up. That is going to be an expensive trip...

Posted By: jjandcompany

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:22 PM

Dito on chills,and thats with 3 steroid shots to spine this am,,He may have to replace that broken over lapped taped ruler,, Thats difficulty with ar,,Even had tpw assistance at location attempt,, doesent sound intentional.. and he didnt brush it in,, Id venture thousands were,,

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:39 PM

I really dont think this man knew the rules. I cant see a man that did calling for the game wardens assistance and then posting that on the forum for the world to see. I think he was very excited. Its kinda sad but its his own fault for not knowing before you make that kinda call and pulling the trigger on a illegal animal. Even though he did break the law and got caught, i hope they dont completely nail him to the wall.

Posted By: Lazy L

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:41 PM

I wonder if he called him? scared

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:42 PM

hope so

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:43 PM

I really dont think this man knew the rules. I cant see a man that did calling for the game wardens assistance and then posting that on the forum for the world to see. I think he was very excited. Its kinda sad but its his own fault for not knowing before you make that kinda call and pulling the trigger on a illegal animal. Even though he did break the law and got caught, i hope they dont completely nail him to the wall.

I didnt read all of the original post but didnt the warden say he was helping the night before on an animal that he had missed? Sounds like he shot the one in question the next day??? I may have it screwed up though...

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:46 PM

I would completely agree with you, EXCEPT for the fact that he claimed the buck was 14" inside.....which makes me believe he knew the law and was lying about the width. That's why I made my comment on the thread.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: txbobcat

I didnt read all of the original post but didnt the warden say he was helping the night before on an animal that he had missed? Sounds like he shot the one in question the next day??? I may have it screwed up though...

You may be right. I read it as the deer he posted is the deer they couldnt find. I may be wrong too. If you are right then yes he should get everything he has coming to him. Actually, he should get everything he has coming anyways. He screwed up and it time to pay. Lesson learned and i bet he will make dang sure next time wont he? If he gets a next time.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:49 PM

I'd say if he didn't call the warden within about 48 hours, he got a house call...

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:50 PM

How many folks have shot a buck been proud enough to post pics on the net and not put a "real" tape to the spread???

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer

I would completely agree with you, EXCEPT for the fact that he claimed the buck was 14" inside.....which makes me believe he knew the law and was lying about the width. That's why I made my comment on the thread.

I agree.. This is why i couldnt be a game warden.... I would always want to give folks the benefit of the doubt. But i guess you learn to see right though poeple.

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Wow, that's going to be fun to follow. How did I miss that one.

I'd love to see the pics

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Oh, and AR's suck by the way, they just happen to be the current regulation

Posted By: jodster

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:54 PM

The GW should post pics and leave them posted so we could all know what an illeagal buck looks like. Not saying anything about any pics, I didn't get to see them.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: txbobcat
How many folks have shot a buck been proud enough to post pics on the net and not put a "real" tape to the spread???

I'm guilty of that on pics that get emailed out. I didn't know squat about the last one I shot for several months.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
Wow, that's going to be fun to follow. How did I miss that one.

I'd love to see the pics

Me too!!! worthless

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:01 PM

Lessons to be learned:

1. Know the rules
2. Follow the rules
3. When in doubt, err on the side of caution
4. If you break the rules, even inadvertently, DO NOT publicize the fact
5. Any and everything you post on the Internet is now open knowledge for the whole world*

*there are a lot of high school and college age kids that are about to find that one out the hard way when they start interviewing for jobs

Posted By: ouixch

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:04 PM

I'm curious who called the game warden, or was he surfing the forum and happened across it?

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:14 PM

Originally Posted By: ouixch
I'm curious who called the game warden, or was he surfing the forum and happened across it?

that is a very good question. I would bet that the GW uses sites like this as a really good resource. I dont know for sure but im just saying

Posted By: moderno

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:25 PM

There are wardens that log on from time to time, probally one of them tipped the warden in that county to this illegal deer. I noticed the warden had 3 posts I think.

Just saying

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:29 PM

I know there are wardens that log in periodically, and this isn't the first incident I've heard of involving a posted picture. I completely agree that if you post a picture of an illegally harvested animal, you're an idiot. I just thought it was a bit convenient that the GW happened across that post by chance.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:33 PM

[quote=moderno]There are wardens that log on from time to time, probally one of them tipped the warden in that county to this illegal deer. I noticed the warden had 3 posts I think.

Just saying[/quote

He had 1 post! HAHA! now tell me why he got on here!
Pretty powerful guy for a Greenhorn huh?

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:38 PM

I have stated on here, many times that we have GW's that monitor the forum all the time, I have talked with several times and will continue. So if some one post a violation, most likely you will get a visit.

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:52 PM

I think it was a hoax. I think someone just signed up and pretended like they were a game warden to get the guy's goat. I mean really, a GW is going to "ask" the guy to call him? I figured they could find out who the guy was a different way and it sure is an aweful big coincidence that the warden was on here almost immediately. I may be wrong, but something smells fishy...

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert

I have stated on here, many times that we have GW's that monitor the forum all the time, I have talked with several times and will continue. So if some one post a violation, most likely you will get a visit.

Can't fix stupid up

Posted By: jjandcompany

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/09/09 11:55 PM

Operation game thief in action. Then again may be regular,who actualy participates, Like the kaufman gw bow shooter,with multi pointer,

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: d.g.ruff
I think it was a hoax. I think someone just signed up and pretended like they were a game warden to get the guy's goat. I mean really, a GW is going to "ask" the guy to call him? I figured they could find out who the guy was a different way and it sure is an aweful big coincidence that the warden was on here almost immediately. I may be wrong, but something smells fishy...

I dont. impersonating a officer of the law will get you in more trouble that its worth. Do me a favor and call that number just to be sure. Let us know.

Posted By: CinchMan

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:01 AM

WOW!! that is a huge mistake to make. That sucks. But it is really funny at the same time...

Posted By: CinchMan

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:03 AM

I wonder why someone took the option of replying to that off...

Posted By: twice70

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer

He knew. I remember looking at the pics, there were 3 if I'm not mistaken, in one pic he was holding the head up by the ears rather than the horns with the ears folded back, in another he had one of the deer's ears pressed flat against his leg and the other ear was folded back, and then in the 3rd he had both the ears pushed back. I think maybe he was hoping without being able to use the ears as reference he would look close enough, but that deer wasn't 13'' much less 14''.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:19 AM

I checked the DFW website and he is legit all the way. just do a google search for his name. I guess somebody could be impersonating him, but the fact that he knew who he was and had helped look for a deer the night before says a bit more.

This kind of reminds me of those stpid highschool kids that mess stuff up while videotaping it and then their mom finds it.

Posted By: redraider22

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:20 AM

I'm with d.g.ruff on this one. I find it highly unlikely a GW would make a post like that on a public forum like this. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure a law enforcement officer would contact the administrator of the site to try to find out the guy's identity or take some other action to contact him.

Posted By: BIG RACK

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:23 AM

I THINK THE GUY MOUNT THE DEER

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:35 AM

Well it is a TPWD number:
College Station
12845 Wellborn Road
Suite160
College Station, TX 77845
(979) 696-4148

Posted By: redraider22

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:38 AM

Who knows. There was an incident earlier this year on the Texas Tech football boards where someone was claiming to be a Sheriff. It turned out to be a pretty big deal when it was discovered the guy was impersonating a law officer. Just makes me wonder if this isnt a similiar situation

Posted By: DHuggins

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:41 AM

They put ALL of the RULES in a Book.. All you have to do is read them!

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 01:42 AM

Well it is a TPWD number:
College Station
12845 Wellborn Road
Suite160
College Station, TX 77845
(979) 696-4148

Oh yeah, I got a ring and no answer...

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 02:12 AM

state employees aren't getting overtime.

Posted By: rtp

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 02:57 AM

I really raised a brow when those pics first showed up. Anyway, wonder if Fred will ever post here again. I am going with NOT. People make some awful stupid decisions when they go out deer hunting. I have seen it over and over.

Posted By: Jasb

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:05 AM

A guy posted that his son shot one under 13 and asked what to do. He said the processor wouldn't touch it. I told him to take it down to avoid being beat down I never thought a warden would see it!! Man, that guy owes me a beer

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Jasb
A guy posted that his son shot one under 13 and asked what to do. He said the processor wouldn't touch it.

did you atleast tell him to skin it himself and split the skull, then mount it to a plaque at the recommended 13.25"? confused2

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:47 AM

No I kinda thought it was a joke.....as it turns out I guess not. He hasn't posted since.

Posted By: fishonthemove

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:51 AM

Looks like he takes your advice for good. peep

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Jasb
No I kinda thought it was a joke.....as it turns out I guess not. He hasn't posted since.

wow, I guess I will never get some people.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:24 AM

Felt bad for his kid! He said it was his first deer and they yelled at him when they backed in. If it was just some tool who shot a young deer that's one thing but a kids first deer man that's just sad.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:25 AM

Still waiting on that beer!

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:25 AM

yeah, hate that for a youngun. My main thing is posting it for the world to see.

Posted By: Tres

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:43 AM

No doubt they could track his IP address and locate him but I think the GW was giving him an opportunity to make things right by calling him before he just showed up at his house/place of business, possibly costing him more than just the price of the ticket. Fred screwed the pooch, now it's time to pay the piper. C'mon Fred!!!

Posted By: Tye

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 02:38 PM

I'm confused. "Fred" shot this buck on Monday morning and the game warden helped him track the deer the night before?

Fred
"...Sunday evening my nephew spooked this buck and a doe that was running like a bat out of hell past my blind. never even saw me. Monday morning comes and he shows up 45 yards to my left, he stops! well the rest is history. he took off the same way he came out and crashed 30 yards behind my blind in the thicket. He got up and ran 20 more yards and curled up on the trail behind my stand."

Game Warden

"This is State Game Warden Russell Murden. I am the one who helped you look for blood the night before on the deer you shot at on unit 607. Please call my office regarding the buck pictured here. I appreciate your cooperation."

Something isn't adding up

Did Fred shoot at a deer the night before and missed?Wounded? He didn't state anything in the post about another deer?

Weird!

Posted By: Hunter_Man

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 03:40 PM

I can personally attest that 1. Game wardens look at this site regularly. 2. people on here report questionalbe activity to game wardens, without knowing if the story is the truth.

I got in a bit of trouble a few years back. I made a mistake, and I had to pay the price for it, although I did not know at the time I made a mistake. Someone on here pointed out my mistake, and before I had a chance to correct it myself, the local GW tracked me down.

cost me over 1000$ in the end, and my kids their Christmas.

I learned more than 1 valuable lesson... read the book cover to cover. know EVERY rule and regulation that applies to you. if something is questionable (like the deer shot by Fred) DO NOT SHOOT IT. not worth it. second thing i learned is that there are many people on this website that evidently have NEVER made an honest mistake before, and look for other people's mistakes to point out to the law.

Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 03:46 PM

yep, bunch of internet Barney Fife's around here.

but, Fred is a dumbarse.

Posted By: ETXbuckman

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: BIG RACK
I THINK THE GUY MOUNT THE DEER

I think in this case the state's going to be "mounting" him, if you catch my drift...

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 03:59 PM

Can he be convicted from a picture? What if the antlers are no longer around? If that is the case, anyone can make any kind of statement they want on here and if they said you broke a law, the GW may be looking for you.

Posted By: cameron00

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:08 PM

BenBob - There's obviously still the "innocent until proven guilty" law if he decides to challenge it, but he's going to have to go under oath against a mountain of evidence and claim he didn't kill a buck he had previously posted a picture of himself holding.

You're best to just lick your wounds, pay your fine and move on. If it was me, I'd prefer not to add perjury to the list.

Posted By: texas_sooner

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Tye
I'm confused. "Fred" shot this buck on Monday morning and the game warden helped him track the deer the night before?

Fred
"...Sunday evening my nephew spooked this buck and a doe that was running like a bat out of hell past my blind. never even saw me. Monday morning comes and he shows up 45 yards to my left, he stops! well the rest is history. he took off the same way he came out and crashed 30 yards behind my blind in the thicket. He got up and ran 20 more yards and curled up on the trail behind my stand."

Game Warden

"This is State Game Warden Russell Murden. I am the one who helped you look for blood the night before on the deer you shot at on unit 607. Please call my office regarding the buck pictured here. I appreciate your cooperation."

Something isn't adding up

Did Fred shoot at a deer the night before and missed?Wounded? He didn't state anything in the post about another deer?

Weird!

Good catch. Although I think the pictures (I didn't see them) may be incriminating him. The GW may see the pictures, then use that as probable cause to look for more evience. If Fred kept them in his camera/memory stick/computer, I imagine that's strong evidence.

Posted By: Dude Briggs

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Tye

Game Warden

I think he was trying to say "last night" but worded it as "the night before."

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: cameron00
BenBob - There's obviously still the "innocent until proven guilty" law if he decides to challenge it, but he's going to have to go under oath against a mountain of evidence and claim he didn't kill a buck he had previously posted a picture of himself holding.

You're best to just lick your wounds, pay your fine and move on. If it was me, I'd prefer not to add perjury to the list.

Cameron00 - I was just wondering. Sorry to wrinkle your drawers. OBVIOUSLY I would probably not want to drag it out either. I was just wondering if a picture on the internet that could have been posted by anyone is enough to start an investigation.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:23 PM

Nope he is! up

Posted By: bjw2823

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:31 PM

I also think something is fishy with the GW. If he helped him track it he should have caught that it was illegal then not after some posts on the internet. I don't think he would help find a blood trial then not stay till the deer was found.

Posted By: cody

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:34 PM

I called the number...it's an out of service Bank of America number...

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:35 PM

Never mind...it's real...

Posted By: kyotee1

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:39 PM

The Game Warden IS an current employee commissioned game warden with TPWD. Nothing fishy, he's doing his job.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/warden/find_warden/r9d1.phtml

Posted By: harge57

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:41 PM

I definitely believe that Game Wardens look at online forums for violations.

I read an article once that followed a game warden for a couple of days (I think it was in the TPWD Handbook a couple years back).

The first thing the warden did every morning was look through online forums to "patrol" for violations.

I can't find a link to the article.

Posted By: CleerCreekDC

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:43 PM

The absolutely look at forums. I bet some of the GWs are on this site more then many of us. oh no the secrets out!

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 04:44 PM

Yeah..youre a fool if you don't think they watch this forum like a hawk. Pearland just signed a written confession and provided his own photos...poor dumb bastage. I'll be we see a major decline in the photos section from the AR counties...

Posted By: bjw2823

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:06 PM

I don't doubt GW's are on here often looking around, but what I don't understand is why he was not busted when he shot it if the GW was there.

Posted By: CleerCreekDC

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:09 PM

anybody have a pic of this deer? I would be interested to see it

Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: BenBob
Originally Posted By: cameron00

Cameron00 - I was just wondering. Sorry to wrinkle your drawers. OBVIOUSLY I would probably not want to drag it out either. I was just wondering if a picture on the internet that could have been posted by anyone is enough to start an investigation.
Not only can you be investigated, you can also be convicted.

There was a newspaper article a couple of years ago about some guy in Oregon that hit a spotted owl with his truck. The bird was stuck in the grill and he peeled it off and then stupidly took some pics of himself holding it like some sort of trophy. He got into all kinds of trouble from the feds over that.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:17 PM

I don't know if it would be cost effective, as I don't know what the fine is for violating ARs, but a good attorney could probably get some of the forum evidence thrown out. I don't know the veracity of these claims, but I've heard complaints from the LEO side of it that many city DAs won't bother prosecuting this kind of stuff. They'll cut a quick deal and move on, don't consider it important. I'd tell the guy to shut his mouth immediately and go get an attorney.

Posted By: llanite

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: bjw2823
I don't doubt GW's are on here often looking around, but what I don't understand is why he was not busted when he shot it if the GW was there.

My guess is Fred or his nephew wounded a deer the evening before and the GW helped track it. They may or may not have recovered that one. Then Fred shot the buck in question the next morning.

Posted By: Big Daddy K

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:21 PM

Some dude on the Refuge Forum did something similar with an owl I believe.

Posted By: cameron00

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:22 PM

Even if you threw out all of the forum evidence, Fred would still have to lie under oath to get off. He'd also have to convince the guy (I believe it was his son) to lie under oath as well. I don't think it'd be worth the risk.

Posted By: Longhunter

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 05:40 PM

popcorn

Posted By: thetoolpusher5

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 06:02 PM

It all boils down to even though there is pics of the buck, pictures can not be measured. The only way the warden has a leg to stand on is if he sees the real horns. All fred has to do is cut the horns from the skull plate, to make rattling horns of course, and there is no way for definate proof in my book. It is not illegal until the warden or official puts a tape to the actual horns!

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: thetoolpusher5
It all boils down to even though there is pics of the buck, pictures can not be measured. The only way the warden has a leg to stand on is if he sees the real horns. All fred has to do is cut the horns from the skull plate, to make rattling horns of course, and there is no way for definate proof in my book. It is not illegal until the warden or official puts a tape to the actual horns!

This was basically what I was trying to say. The Tool Pusher just has a better command of the English language than I do.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 06:21 PM

I'd be like HAHAHAHA just playing with ya'll!!!! I shot that deer 8 years ago in Jones county. And no sir I cannot seem to find the horns. I think I gave those away in a garage sale a few years back. If you have any further questions here is my lawyers number.

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 06:23 PM

And further advise him that it was nice to meet him the other night and that I did shoot a deer but I gave those horns to a drifter who said he was from Cali or Canada I cannot remember.

Those are the stories I get.

Posted By: Budgeteer

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 06:34 PM

Illegal/unethical behavior piled upon illegal/unethical behavior...

Posted By: Hunter_Man

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Budgeteer
Illegal/unethical behavior piled upon illegal/unethical behavior...

i agree with that....

Re: public land deer pics.....warden involvement - 12/10/09 06:40 PM

I think enough has been said regarding this.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum