Texas Hunting Forum

Poachers!!!

Posted By: Extreme4wheel

Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 01:33 AM

Man I really hate people who poach on public land, I had to call in the warden on someone today useing a rifle in the grasslands. The thing that pissed me off was I was walking a extremely fresh rub line thru a nice acorn patch when he shot, sounded like he was right out side the tree line, I problay pushes the deer right to him. Man I dont know why people cant just follow the rules, I cant tell ya how many feeders I found this weekend while I was out there.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 01:34 AM

can u hunt for hogs, yotes and other game like that on public land with a rifle????

Posted By: kdub

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Brandon A
can u hunt for hogs, yotes and other game like that on public land with a rifle????

muzzleloader I think. If he was hunting deer, then he's a big time poacher.

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 01:40 AM

On a side note, apparently there was some one shooting a rifle in the woods while we were on a youth duck hunt today. No rifles allowed out there either.

Posted By: Tbar

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 01:44 AM

Did the game warden show up and what did he find..........???

Tbar

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 01:50 AM

we left before warden got there, we found the guys truck and saw open rifle case in back of it. I didnt want to start anything with him since all we had were bows. I passed a camp site that looked like someone had been staying there for a while and had alot of antlers out side, Last night we could hear someone up on the road shooting. The gun used this afternoon was not a muzzle loader, it sounded like a normal rifle but who knows you cant use them yet anyways.

Posted By: BowHuntinTX

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 01:55 AM

alot of antlers outside the camp? Were they fresh looking, would they meet AR's?? It's a one buck county...

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 01:56 AM

Is this lbj or caddo?

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 02:03 AM

Not sure how bigthey were, look pretty good, yes its lbj grasslands. they werent all bleached looking so I dought they were sheds.

Posted By: JDavis7873

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 02:44 AM

I need to hit the grasslands one day this week. I knew a few good spots but have been worried that the creek area I used to hunt might be flooded.

Re: Poachers!!! - 10/26/09 03:12 AM

There is a ton of water out there now, I Did how ever find a bunch of really good draws and creeks that didnt have any water in them.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum