Texas Hunting Forum

Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts

Posted By: Bulldawg

Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/28/09 11:02 PM

Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts

Just wanted to put out that in a couple of months I will be offering free hog hunts to Active Duty Military. flag

I got permission from my lease manager to do one or two per month. They will be alllowed to take one hog, any size. You can bow or gun hunt. I will let anyone without a gun, borrow my AR-15. I will guide them and every now and then someone else might take a hunt or two for me. I am working on maybe a free place to stay and free food.

This place is north of Houston a couple miles from Splendora. It is a 10,000 acre lease. It is about 2 hours from Fort Polk.

For those who would like, the lease manager might be able to do a dog hunt every now and then.

I hope to have this up and running after Thansgiving.

I know I will get a lot of responses and I'll put them in order of recieved. Right now, I am just getting a feeling of who might be interested.

Posted By: Inky Doc

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 12:58 AM

DING DING DING!!!! Sign me up!!! AD medic at Polk, native of Houston. AND THANKS A HEAP!!!

Posted By: mossberg man

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 01:13 AM

if you would sign me and my 2 AD hunting partners up.

thanks for the this awesome opportunity.

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 01:19 AM

Thats a grand gesture Bulldawg, if you still have this going after December, I know a couple guys currently in Iraq that have been asking about a hog hunt.

thank you for your support of our military forces

Posted By: syncerus

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 01:27 AM

That's a really nice way to put your money where your mouth is.

Well done.

Posted By: NDN98

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 01:53 AM

Awesome. Great way to show your support and appreciation for the troops!

Posted By: helomech

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 02:07 AM

Awesome, thanks for doing that for our troops.

Posted By: mboswell

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 02:17 AM

Hey thats great !
Being the number 2 guy in huntingwithsoldiers I know what your about to step into and I wish you all the luck in the world.
Let me know if I can help somehow from up here.

BOS

Posted By: 2Stones

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 03:47 AM

Hey Bulldawg! Thank you very much for setting this up! I can remember missing a hunting season or two by virtue of being overseas, but I bet many of the current AD guys will be very grateful for your efforts. flag

Posted By: disturbingiraq

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 09:00 AM

thanks for putting this together. I am one of the TB was talking about being deployed till Dec. I would love to take advantage of this during Jan if you still had a spot open. Thank you for supporting us.

Posted By: father of 4

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 09/29/09 12:28 PM

Bulldawg, thanks for doing this. It was great talking to you on the phone and I will be checking into what you had suggested. Grey I told him I bet you would be interested lol

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 10/01/09 06:16 AM

Gordon, I bet you actually were trying to convince this fella you were some kind of psychic, lol. Now that my life has a degree or normalcy I should be a lil more regular back on the forum now, and I am sure that anyone who knows me will not be the least bit surprised to hear that bow season is out for me eventhough I scheduled my shoulder surgery as early as possible to heal, but Monday I tore a tendon in my finger and it is now permanently bent forward about 60 degrees until I get it cut on. I am wondering if I am going to be the first confirmed case of someone addicted to orthopedic surgeries...

Posted By: Bulldawg

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 10/12/09 03:27 PM

Thanks for all the interest. I am still working on all the details. I was offered another 25,000 acres to use also, so I am up to 35,000 acres right now. My lease manager told me that one of the COE higher ups wants to pitch in some land opportunities, so I might have a lot more land to use than the original 35,000 acres I have.

I am working on the paperwork to be a non-profit to get some sponsors and possibly some grants. At the very least I can do what I have already set out to do.

I am looking to start the free hunts somewhere around the middle of December. Depending on how many deer I kill, I might have one tag left for a deer to give away in December.

More to come as I get things wrapped up.

Posted By: kilt it

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 10/12/09 03:40 PM

Bulldawg, I was one of the interested folks, and still am. But if you need any help...and it doesn't matter what kind of help, I'd love to offer my services. I just enjoy being outdoors and would love the opportunity to help out.

Just figured I'd throw it out.

HAPPY HUNTING

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 10/23/09 11:49 AM

I'm still interested and prolly could help out, too. LMK.

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 11/18/09 03:38 PM

Dawg, just wanted to say I'm still here to help and def would like to pop a hog!

Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 11/18/09 04:33 PM

awesome project

Posted By: SMitchell462

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 11/18/09 06:46 PM

Sign me up brother. Active Duty B-1 weapons troop here..

Posted By: TX4Ever

Re: Upcoming Active Duty Free Hog Hunts - 11/18/09 07:03 PM

I would love to go when i get back from Iraq!! Ill be back mid january sometime!!!

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum