Texas Hunting Forum

Feeder Question Need Some Feedback

Posted By: mhb07

Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 05:05 PM

Looking at buying a new control unit for feeder. Want a good one I can trust. Think I have narrowed it down to HCR or All season. Both around the same price has anyone used these and will they last.

Posted By: amber

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 05:30 PM

I love my all-season evolution feeder with the spintech spinner. I've had it for 3 years and it has never given me any problems so far.

Posted By: JCB

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 06:18 PM

HCR is in my opinion the best feeder on the market! I have three of them and my dad has 4 of them now! Never had any trouble out of any of them in 10 years!

This year I bought a custom feeder at the Hunters Extravaganza because they did not have any HCR's out there for some reason! However the custom one I bought wasnt much different than the HCR's!

By the HCR! You wont regret it!

Posted By: cody

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 06:26 PM

Amen JCB...I wouldn't buy anything else...

Posted By: B-swit

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 06:28 PM

all seasons are very reliable and easy to set up, i like mine alot.

Posted By: Shake1

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 10:25 PM

HCR, "The Timer or Triple C. All are very good and reliable for many years. I buy my feeder supplies at: http://www.westtexasfeedersupply.com/

Posted By: JCB

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Shake1
HCR, "The Timer or Triple C. All are very good and reliable for many years. I buy my feeder supplies at: http://www.westtexasfeedersupply.com/

"The Timer" is the one I have in the feeder I just bought and I actually like it better than the HCR because I can set how many seconds I want the feeder to go off with each feeding rather than have one set length of time for all feedings! I also like the fact that "The Timer" has a battery indicator for both the 12 volt battery and the clock battery! Hopefully this feeder will work out as well as all the HCR's we have because I actually like this timer better than the HCR timer!

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 10:37 PM

All of my feeders are COX, but some of the folks that hunt with us have All Seasons and they seem to work fine.

Posted By: Regretzi

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/01/09 10:48 PM

The timer. It's more expensive but it always works. Had mine for 3 years and no problems.

Posted By: deewayne2003

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/02/09 07:21 PM

I agree with the WEST TEXAS FEEDER SUPPLY solat panel feeder timer/motor

Best I have ever seen, built to last easy to program by far the best ever!!!!

Get some friends in and buy 10 you get one free!!!

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/02/09 07:33 PM

+1 for the all season.

Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/02/09 08:09 PM

Since we are tossing out opinions, I have to go with THE TIMER. HCR timers and West Texas Feeder Supply are pretty much the same thing with a different cover. HCR is a fairly close second to THE TIMER.

As far as I know ALL SEASONS outsources their timers and it is someone else's with their name on it.

I'm getting half zeimers because for the life of me I cannot remember the company in Kerrville, they used to be Bulldog Feeders, that also makes a good timer. Remington and some other companies use them and they are easy, intuitive and reliable.

Posted By: CBHunter

Re: Feeder Question Need Some Feedback - 09/02/09 10:55 PM

Most all of our feeders (9 out of 10) are Spincast. We've lost 2 in the last 2 years...one that was probably over 12 years old and one that some horses got a hold of. Other than that, not many problems.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum