Texas Hunting Forum

What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind?

Posted By: Stub

What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 06:44 PM

Things that make life easy. For me it's coffee and Strawberry Poptarts in the morning.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 06:50 PM

At 63, I just started using the occasional hand warmer packets on the late-season cold days. I'm starting to take coffee more too, as long as there a pee jug. And on warm days, in the afternoon, when I'm not hell-bent on trying to see the biggest buck I can, I've been known to have a good cigar...'need to check the wind direction you see.
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Stub
Things that make life easy. For me it's coffee and Strawberry Poptarts in the morning.

That's what I take as well along with some jerky.
Posted By: maximum

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 07:21 PM

Water
TP for JIC
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 08:41 PM

iPhone.

That or if I’m in a rifle blind a book or magazine

Jet Boil and hot chocolate mix
Posted By: George S

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 09:24 PM

O-ring seat cushion.

Wide mouth bottle of beverage (can be used for whizz break afterwards).

Dude Wipes.
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 09:31 PM

TP, buddy heater, drinks, eats, a fan if hot enough, pocket radio w/earphones, Readers Digest.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 09:57 PM

Coffee, good book. Diet Coke in warm weather.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 10:32 PM

Pee bottle
TP
Werther's caramels for scratchy throat.
hand warmers
Diet Coke
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 10:38 PM

Beef jerky and a root beer for afternoon hunts and sausage egg and cheese burritos warmed on the Mr Buddy in the mornings. The breakfast was a game changer for me being able to stay in the stand longer in the mornings.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 11:09 PM

I’ll drop the Mr Heater off prior to season so I don’t count that, I don’t care what anybody says about that and I won’t really count it as being brought

-bottle of water
-I have an external battery for iPhone
-snuff

I can be there a long time w those
Posted By: Skeezix

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/19/23 11:14 PM

Hot coffee and a good book.
I try to decouple myself from technology when hunting if at all possible.
Posted By: flintknapper

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
Beef jerky and a root beer for afternoon hunts and sausage egg and cheese burritos warmed on the Mr Buddy in the mornings. The breakfast was a game changer for me being able to stay in the stand longer in the mornings.

up

Same for me.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Fltmedic

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 03:01 AM

Mr Buddy and TP stay there, coffee for morning hunt maybe something to snack on generally
Just eat something after the morning hunt. Water always is in the backpack, normally have a book in there as well. And my phone, don’t have service but I can flip through photos and read through the TPWD app.

Probably will add some snacks I can eat quietly this season.
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 04:11 AM

Can you guys school me on a Mr. Heater? Do you need to have the windows open for ventilation?

JR
Posted By: Alan S.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 06:26 AM

Yes, crack a window for air flow.
We prefer the older Coleman SportCat Catalytic heaters, they are actually rated for enclosed in spaces, don't put out as much heat but work pretty well with almost no smell.
The Buddy heaters put out a bunch of heat but I don't think they are rated for enclosed so definitely crack a window..
Posted By: hunterbrian67

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 06:58 AM

Ah, the simple pleasures! For me, it's a good book and a comfy chair. What's your go-to coffee?
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by jrgocards
Can you guys school me on a Mr. Heater? Do you need to have the windows open for ventilation?

JR

A few years ago a member on here found his granddaughter dead in a deer blind because of one. Be careful. I refuse to use one.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by jrgocards

JR

A few years ago a member on here found his granddaughter dead in a deer blind because of one. Be careful. I refuse to use one.

They can be used safely.

I have 'house' type vents in the roof of all of my stands (that I can close or open) and always leave a window open or cracked.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

For the most part....Carbon Monoxide deaths are a matter of education (not being aware of the danger).

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 11:27 AM

^^^That is a slick idea! Flint, dispelling the bad rap Deep East Texas has, 1 great idea at a time. up
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 03:19 PM

A pocket radio, Bluetooth transceiver and earbud for listening to news, music, and football games. The early morning farm and market reports always offer interesting listening as well.

[Linked Image]

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 03:31 PM

^^There's only one radio station you can get out at my place, and half the time they forget to show up for work and it's dead air.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner
^^There's only one radio station you can get out at my place, and half the time they forget to show up for work and it's dead air.

I guess that means streaming over the internet is out of the question.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 06:03 PM

breakfast of champions

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 06:06 PM

This past April while hunting axis my buddy rolled ice cream, it held really well in the yeti and was the perfect consistency when it came time to eat it.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 07:21 PM

That means you have a great hunting spot.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 07:31 PM

I don't believe there's anything on the face of the earth that has a longer shelf life than Pop Tarts.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 07:53 PM

^^^That is a slick idea! Flint, dispelling the bad rap Deep East Texas has, 1 great idea at a time. up

Well.....I'd be the first to say that Deep East Texas richly deserves any 'bad raps' or stereotypes that exist.

That said, there are a few of us that possess a modicum of common sense and have managed to live into our senior years.

On the subject of open flame combustion heaters (in enclosed areas), they can be used safely....but certain precautions must be adhered to.

It is wise to ALWAYS provide ventilation. I believe the minimum standard is 1 square inch per 1,000 BTU (output) of the device being used.

I recommend using a heater such as the Mr. Heater (Buddy) heaters. They have a couple of important safety features.

1. Tip over shut off. If the unit tips over or is significantly canted....it will automatically shut off.
2. Low oxygen shut off. IF the unit detects a low oxygen condition it will automatically shut off.

Propane (the fuel used with these heaters) does not produce significant amounts of Carbon Monoxide WHEN there is proper and full 'combustion'.

Propane is capable of achieving a state known as 'Ideal Burn' 4 parts propane and 96 parts air (1:24). So...at this ratio, no significant production of Carbon Monoxide to begin with.

BUT....let us imagine a scenario where the mixture was not ideal (but still burning) AND the Low Oxygen shut off feature failed. This is where the practice of using VENTILATION will prevent you from going to sleep and never waking up.

Carbon Monoxide is Odorless, Tasteless, Colorless...so obviously you can't see it. You don't want to be exposed to large amounts of it. It has the potential to kill you.

Trouble is: Not everyone is aware of this, or if they are....may not take it seriously. Tragically....lives are lost every year because of this.

Heaters are not dangerous to use IF you take a couple of simple precautions. USE ventilation and buy a cheap $10.00 'CO detector' and put in your enclosure (tent/blind/camper/etc).

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by flintknapper

Well.....I'd be the first to say that Deep East Texas richly deserves any 'bad raps' or stereotypes that exist.

That said, there are a few of us that possess a modicum of common sense and have managed to live into our senior years.

On the subject of open flame combustion heaters (in enclosed areas), they can be used safely....but certain precautions must be adhered to.

It is wise to ALWAYS provide ventilation. I believe the minimum standard is 1 square inch per 1,000 BTU (output) of the device being used.

I recommend using a heater such as the Mr. Heater (Buddy) heaters. They have a couple of important safety features.

1. Tip over shut off. If the unit tips over or is significantly canted....it will automatically shut off.
2. Low oxygen shut off. IF the unit detects a low oxygen condition it will automatically shut off.

Propane (the fuel used with these heaters) does not produce significant amounts of Carbon Monoxide WHEN there is proper and full 'combustion'.

Propane is capable of achieving a state known as 'Ideal Burn' 4 parts propane and 96 parts air (1:24). So...at this ratio, no significant production of Carbon Monoxide to begin with.

BUT....let us imagine a scenario where the mixture was not ideal (but still burning) AND the Low Oxygen shut off feature failed. This is where the practice of using VENTILATION will prevent you from going to sleep and never waking up.

Carbon Monoxide is Odorless, Tasteless, Colorless...so obviously you can't see it. You don't want to be exposed to large amounts of it. It has the potential to kill you.

Trouble is: Not everyone is aware of this, or if they are....may not take it seriously. Tragically....lives are lost every year because of this.

Heaters are not dangerous to use IF you take a couple of simple precautions. USE ventilation and buy a cheap $10.00 'CO detector' and put in your enclosure (tent/blind/camper/etc).

10 year battery

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kidde-1...bon-Monoxide-Detector-21029714/203728675

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

I don't believe there's anything on the face of the earth that has a longer shelf life than Pop Tarts.

^^^^

IDK......'Twinkies' might give them a run for the money.

Lord only knows what they are made from, but they last a LONG time.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 08:45 PM

Advances in food science allowed Hostess to extend the snack cake's shelf life to 26 days, and today's Twinkie can last a whole 45 days before it goes bad……

I wonder if thats an under estimate on purpose

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 08:46 PM

most freeze dried meals are 30 years

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Advances in food science allowed Hostess to extend the snack cake's shelf life to 26 days, and today's Twinkie can last a whole 45 days before it goes bad……

I wonder if thats an under estimate on purpose

Yes. It's a lawyer driven expiration date.

If there is ever a nuclear apocalypse....I am convinced that Cockk-Roaches, Twinkies and Canned Spam will survive.

Posted By: jnd59

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 09:24 PM

Well, I think I'd eat the cockroaches before the canned spam...just sayin.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/20/23 09:46 PM

If there is ever a nuclear apocalypse....I am convinced that Cockk-Roaches, Twinkies and Canned Spam will survive.

And Keith Richards.
Posted By: richard-ssv

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/21/23 02:34 AM

For the buddy heater, I bring a small fleece blanket with me. I have shelves right beneath my windows, so I’ll hang one end of the blanket on the shelves, the other over my shoulders, to keep the heat from the buddy heater trapped. Then I can keep my windows open while keeping the heat inside the blind.
Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/21/23 04:11 AM

And Keith Richards.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Double Naught Spy

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/21/23 11:15 AM

Well, first of all, I have a blind box. For years, I just had tree and tripod stands that were open to the elements.

Catalytic heater for the winter
USB powered fan for the summer.
Wasp spray
Padding for the folding chairs
Sand bags
Then I usually have an audiobook going in one ear
Posted By: PMK

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/21/23 12:08 PM

still remember my dad talking about using a propane heater in a closed space ... he would say "open up a window or you might wake up dead". just one of his little quirky sayings
Posted By: grizzlyman

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/21/23 04:49 PM

I may have my Little Buddy heater this year. Beyond that I am pretty Spartan.
Posted By: grizzlyman

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/21/23 04:52 PM

Okay now that I think about it I have a stadium seat with a fleece blanket I carry.
Posted By: Graycard

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/22/23 02:24 PM

Other than something to drink, I carry very little. I used to carry a book, but once I checked my camera and saw a buck had come by while I was reading I leave those at home.
I have started carrying a sleeping bag for the days when is is really cold.
I do carry my phone for safety but leave it on vibrate.
Posted By: FTWshooter

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/23/23 03:06 AM

Coffee for sure in the AM with an occasional Lil’ Debbie Christmas Tree snack. Have a small radio and a good book for the slow times.
Posted By: Dave Davidson

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/23/23 03:11 PM

Binocs, paperback Western book
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/24/23 05:43 PM

On most Mr. Heaters you can take the gaurd off, turn it over and the bottom prongs will insert in the top and make a flat grill area to warm foods up!

[Linked Image]

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/25/23 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Txhunter65
On most Mr. Heaters you can take the gaurd off, turn it over and the bottom prongs will insert in the top and make a flat grill area to warm foods up!

[Linked Image]

These are pretty handy. Have them for all my heaters that are in box blinds.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304738555739
Posted By: QMC SW/EXW

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/25/23 03:02 AM

I don't do much blind hunting since I'd rather glass, spot and stalk. But if I am going to be in a blind there will be a thermos of hot coffee in there with me. You can be certain of that!
Posted By: Nolanco

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/25/23 12:08 PM

What? No one has mentioned a nice, dry red and a well-prepared charcuterie board heavy on the dry cheeses???

roflmao
Posted By: onlysmith&wesson

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/25/23 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nolanco
What? No one has mentioned a nice, dry red and a well-prepared charcuterie board heavy on the dry cheeses???

roflmao

Right. May need something to round out the hotdogs from the grill. Maybe some music to complete the mood.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/25/23 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Nolanco

roflmao

That doesn't sound to bad at all.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/25/23 01:06 PM

I nice Cab would pair with that nicely.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/25/23 09:09 PM

Heater, TP, food.
Posted By: tlk

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/25/23 11:35 PM

my gun
Posted By: ErnestTBass

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/26/23 01:22 AM

toilet paper ... never leave home without it

something to read (electronic or paper)

maybe a cold drink if it's hot outside

but generally just gun, binocs, and knife
Posted By: Hirogen

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/26/23 03:14 AM

Bag o Jerky. Bag of dry roasted peanuts in the shell. Mr Buddy for sure in my world. Thermaseat heat a seat for the chair. A couple of Cohibas (strictly for checking the wind direction of course). Thermos of coffee for an early hunt and a thermos of chicken soup for a late hunt. Flask of whisky for the walk back to the cabin in the dark.

One of these days i am going to get around to adding a small wood stove. Beats the %^$& out of a mr buddy. Only problem i predict is getting too comfortable and falling asleep.

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/28/23 12:33 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: copperhead

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 10/28/23 10:39 AM

My wife.
Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/14/23 01:11 AM

Coffee on cold mornings; Sausage balls every morning.... and a water or diet mountain dew for later in the morning (God forbid if no sausage balls then a granola bar)

Snack sticks and/or lance captains wafers in the afternoon, with appropriate drink for the occasion
Posted By: Andrewhunter08

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/14/23 02:33 AM

beer and tp
My friend Charmin came in handy after those enchiladas on Saturday... Didn't need to worry about scent blocker!!! haha lol35
Posted By: CactusOnTheBrazos

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/15/23 03:57 PM

Coffee
Snuff
Side arm
Hunting bag (binocs, scent, water, calls, knife)
Posted By: TPACK

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/17/23 11:26 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/17/23 11:43 PM

Heater , protein bar, sweet tea and if my remember , a rifle
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/19/23 02:07 PM

I normally take a Pop Tart, Crackers, and Granola Bars. A bottle of water. Yesterday evening I happened to leave a Coke Zero in the side by side drink holder. It went with me to the tower stand. Range Finder, Binoculars, Paper to log what I see. Cel phone mainly used to log time when I see something worth writing down.

Where I live it takes me no longer than Five Minutes to get to any of my stands. It is not unusual for me to see deer before I get out of the yard. Seeing a nice buck takes a little more work. I had a nice meat buck just before dark yesterday. One antler was broken off. I never could get him lined up for a clear shot and he ended up going on his way.

Bob R
Posted By: Stompy

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/19/23 04:18 PM

Heaters and shooting bags stay in the stands. Everything else I need is in my pocket and backpack.
Posted By: Hunter-Steve

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/19/23 06:20 PM

I have a Solar System hooked up so I now have AC, Mr Buddy heater, Fan, WI-FI, TV, and keurig coffee maker in my 3 man box blind. So I can stay there all day overlooking my 19 acre field.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/19/23 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Hunter-Steve
I have a Solar System hooked up so I now have AC, Mr Buddy heater, Fan, WI-FI, TV, and keurig coffee maker in my 3 man box blind. So I can stay there all day overlooking my 19 acre field.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice setup you built there.
Posted By: Perfect 8

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/19/23 08:44 PM

The older I get the less I take (63 this season). I don't mess with food or drink as they both make sitting more difficult not less.

I carry a backpack with all of the essentials...in no particular order:
Bullets
Knifes (with replacement blades)
Bone saw
Layers of clothing (I go in VERY light as I have a significant hike in most cases to warm me up). I have tons of fancy hunting clothes....but have found that the warmest I have is simply a 1x hoodie + 2x hoodie + 3x hoodie + raincoat if needed and finally insulated overalls if it gets below 25F...if it is cold enough for the overalls I generally wear at least one hoodie and I take advantage of straps on backback for the extra clothes on the outside of the pack)
TP
Drag rope
Pens
Rattle bag
Grunt call
Head lamps (clip on for baseball cap for going to/from stand, one with straps and more lumens for tracking field dressing).
Balaclava
Beanie
Surveyors tape (marking blood trails)
Phone
Proof of registration for supressor
Binos
Range finder
...and finally a gun!
Posted By: Augustus1994

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 11/20/23 08:10 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Love the setup - especially the duster to keep it all spic and span
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/01/23 02:45 AM

Pee bottle, poop bucket, sweat towel & plenty of water.
Posted By: 71Rcode

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/03/23 12:31 PM

I prefer open ladder stands and platforms. So just the essentials in my backpack. Water bottle, extra hates/caps camo and orange, gloves, ear plugs, face masks, knives, rounds, headlamps, green and white flashlights, batteries, superglue, bandaid, zip ties, grunt call. Binoculars are a must and a charged phone. Newest addition is a hand muffler pouch and hand warmers with thin gloves. Always carry my 380 in my pocket as well.
Posted By: Hunter Daddy

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/04/23 08:55 PM

First, I have a cheap pair of "cheater" reading glasses. Without them, looking through my scope is useless.
Binoculars
Warm pullover hat
Of course...Toilet paper
Small backup flashlight
grunt call/rattling horns
Hand held, mouth blown coyote call
4 extra .243 shells
sharp knife
12" color TV that runs on a 12 volt car battery and antenna
OFF mosquito spray
Wasp spray
I also have bird seed in the blind. I have a mesquite tree that is 3 feet away from one of my windows where I have a flat plastic tray to put seed on. I use a 4' long pole with a 1/2 measuring cup taped to it. Lots of winter birds right outside my window.
Posted By: tlk

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/05/23 12:48 AM

MY ICE CHEST
Posted By: palirwin

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/07/23 03:58 AM

Damn = the dude with the mathematical equations and carbon monoxide info is smart! I pretty much stopped hunting in blinds because I just fall asleep in them anyway. If I want a nap, best to just stay in bed. That said, my favorite thing to take into the deer blind when I do go to one is my wife. She keeps me warm!
Posted By: huck18

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/07/23 08:37 PM

A phone and a bottle of water.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/08/23 09:10 PM

Thermos of coffee and white powdered donuts. I don’t see myself as the superstitious type but I’ve shot a lot of big deer in between dunking white powdered donuts in my coffee so I stick with it.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/11/23 01:43 AM

Used to be a Tab & Blueberry Pop Tarts, unfrosted.

Now, it’s water. I keep a poop bucket & pee bottle in the blind. Increased my blind to 5x7 from a 42” square.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/11/23 07:32 AM

Add one of these to your blind and you can have a phone charger and run a few LED lights or a fan for those hot days. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/11/23 04:19 PM

Ah good subject today! Very simple answer....

1.Empty Chick-filet tea jug
2. Cheap batt operated light/fan combo.... knats come irriatate me on warm days....
3. Leave an extra insulated coffee tumbler.....

Life is simple, just enjoy it without hassle!
Posted By: PanamaZ

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/14/23 02:22 PM

I thought the blind was the creature comfort.
Posted By: gary roberson

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/14/23 03:54 PM

The older I get, the less I carry. I don't like sitting in a blind, prefer to walk and rattle or walk and glass if hunting big open country. If I am rattling here in the Hill Country or South Texas, I don't even take my binoculars.
Adios,
Gary
Posted By: MrC1G

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 12/26/23 10:52 PM

Carry coffee bottle, Binocs, sandwich and crackers, phone vibrate; Mr Buddy, water, TP , pee jug in stand. Always vent windows when using Mr Buddy heater!!
Posted By: blkt2

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 01/06/24 05:00 AM

Canteen of water, an MRE, and a thermos of coffee or tea.
Posted By: Curly

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 01/06/24 05:28 AM

Coffee, jerky and toilet paper.
Posted By: 10 Gauge

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 01/06/24 05:46 AM

I usually just take a bow and arrows, water and a source of caffeine. Hand warmers this time of year also. These deer by me, if i just slide my phone out of my pocket they run off wheezing before I even identify them. No way I could sit in my stand munching on stuff
Posted By: ZWalker

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 01/07/24 04:06 AM

I used to take a propane heater, until one day I got all exited lining up a shot on a deer and it took me a few minutes with the gun out the window in a awkward position as it was a small wood blind (maybe 4x4). I ended up starting my pants leg on fire. Thankfully it was a ground blind and I wasn’t 15ft up in the air haha.
Posted By: icanski2

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 02/01/24 02:15 PM

My blind is 6x8 so it has room for me to keep a box with TP, window cleaning rags, etc. in it along with my wool lined slippers and Mr. Heater. (mama makes me take my dirty boots off so i don't get her carpet dirty....but hell, she bought me a 6x8 insulated Ranch King Blind so who am i to complain! LOL)

Dairy Queen Chicken and Dumplings for the evening hunts!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 02/01/24 02:19 PM

A few weeks ago I found my self with a little debbie star crunch and a russel reserve 10 year, boy howdy those paired extremely well.
Posted By: salth2o

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 02/01/24 02:57 PM

Depends on the weather. Buddy heater, thermos of coffee or Dr. Pepper, honey bun or two.
Posted By: Master Plumb

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 02/01/24 03:13 PM

I carry bottle water keep the buddy heater in the blind. We have 50 call ammo can with TP pictures of the no shoot list.
Posted By: ZK-315

Re: What creature comforts do you take into the deer blind? - 02/01/24 04:39 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice setup. How are you sealing your windows. It's hard to tell from the pics.

How big is your blind? I'm looking at building a 3 person blind fairly soon to take both of my boys with me.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum